Bay Area, CA riders, WHERE ARE YOU?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Bay Area, CA riders, WHERE ARE YOU?
Posted: Apr 3, 2017 at 16:09 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
I was thinking of going and camping Friday and Saturday night and taking pictures of the races.

Haha oh man hope you dont get me flying off the track lol.

I'd go just for that reason alone lol

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 6:46 Quote
Yep Cat2 DH and Enduro. The DH would be a good first race for anyone- there are usually zero technical challenges.

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 9:54 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
Yep Cat2 DH and Enduro. The DH would be a good first race for anyone- there are usually zero technical challenges.

Do you know if I have to buy the U.S cycling license for the practice days also or just the race day? I was only gonna get the per day license to try it out and the other races I plan to do don't need it.

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 11:22 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:

Do you know if I have to buy the U.S cycling license for the practice days also or just the race day? I was only gonna get the per day license to try it out and the other races I plan to do don't need it.

If you are doing any races/events that provide a number plate, you can probably just line up and practice DH with that. You do need SOME kind of plate to practice. I also believe that the 1-day licenses cover all practice days for that particular event as well.

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 20:53 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Anyone racing in the sea otter this yr? Thought I might try my hand at the men's cat3 DH race for my first one.

Yea I was thinking about doing the same. Same boat. Coming from Long Beach LA area.

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 21:49 Quote
SOC is the most chill "DH"course known. Perfect first race. For the same price (I think) you can do the Enduro and get a DH course run, DS course and two semi DH but basically XC stages in a day. There are the unfortunate Transfers though. I've been very bad this past year and need punishment.
I'm doing Cat2 DH and Enduro (1st time enduronaut -maybe last, although I signed up for Mammoth too). Mammoth E is going to be pretty rad, I heard some course info that's not posted.

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 5:36 Quote
Yea i hope to hit the Northstar races hard this yr and get my feet wet with racing. Already got my season pass. Actually found out i am the oncall person for the damn SOC and i had to take it off a month in advance so cant go sat but gonna take the wife and go sunday to at least see the movie premier.

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 9:29 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Yea i hope to hit the Northstar races hard this yr and get my feet wet with racing. Already got my season pass. Actually found out i am the oncall person for the damn SOC and i had to take it off a month in advance so cant go sat but gonna take the wife and go sunday to at least see the movie premier.

Haha, I used to do that race for a few years back in HS (04-06). I quit racing after I was 2nd to last to drop on my 2nd run, did my run in a snowstorm in July wearing shorts and a tshirt.... and nobody was at the bottom to take my time. They were all in side having hot chocolate and giving out the awards already!

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 10:15 Quote
the-lorax wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:

Haha, I used to do that race for a few years back in HS (04-06). I quit racing after I was 2nd to last to drop on my 2nd run, did my run in a snowstorm in July wearing shorts and a tshirt.... and nobody was at the bottom to take my time. They were all in side having hot chocolate and giving out the awards already!

Haha might be the same this yr. I bought my bike park ticket last week and it snowed up there last weekend and suppose to again this week. Might be a late short bike season up there this yr.

Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 22:28 Quote
the-lorax wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:

Those bastards... lolz

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 13:38 Quote
CaptainKurt wrote:
the-lorax wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:

Those bastards... lolz

You're planning on doing the Northstar races being based out of Long Beach? That's some damn commitment. Props! Also, where do you ride near Long Beach? I grew up in Torrance but live in Truckee now.

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 13:41 Quote
Northstar is in Tahoe. Where is the race schedule? Never head of anything in LBC

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 13:49 Quote
siderealwall2 wrote:
Northstar is in Tahoe. Where is the race schedule? Never head of anything in LBC

The race schedule is not put up yet. They are presaling the season pass right now and just got eight inches of snow on their website they say LOL.

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 16:03 Quote
It's gonna be a weird year in the Sierra Nevada! Mammoth will have snow pretty much all season at the top.

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 at 0:49 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
It's gonna be a weird year in the Sierra Nevada! Mammoth will have snow pretty much all season at the top.

I was there two or three years back when we were in a drought and there was still plenty of snow at the top of mammoth. There was some snow on the way to skid marks and on the side of kamikaze. Can't imagine how much snow there would be this year.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012439
Mobile Version of Website