Jamis Parker 2

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 18, 2013 at 20:09 Quote
Hello all, been lurking for a while and gleaning all kinds of good knowledge here. I decided to join up so I could get some opinions on an impending purchase.

I have built my hardtail (Specialized HRXC) up to the point that it's not really possible to get any more out of it and I've decided I want to jump to a full suspension frame. After looking around in the BuySell section here and sifting through craigslist and fleabay, I've found a Jamis Parker 2 frame that I feel is worth looking at, and a good fit for my components and riding preference.

The seller says there are no cracks, but I have yet to inspect it with my own eyes. The question I have to ask is, is $350 a fair asking price for this frame, assuming there are no cracks and the frame is in reasonably good condition? All I've really seen are prices on complete bikes, so I have nothing much to go on. I'm not sure what the production year is, forgot to ask but I think it's an '08.

The next question would be, does anyone know how costly would it be to buy replacement chainstays if cracks are found or it ends up cracking on me after I buy it?

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Jun 13, 2016 at 18:58 Quote
Sorry I'm late haha, just posting for others... The Jamis Parker II is a wonderful bike in my opinion and really does excel best for jumping, can’t really explain why, but it just feels balanced in the air. I just love the feeling of mine (2010 jamis Parker II in that beautiful purple color) and has been one of my favorite bikes till this day both cosmetically and mechanically. However, the Parker II as well as many other bikes in the Jamis family at this time frame, does have one pretty nasty problem and that's the fact that the chains stays are prone to breaking. Freaking sucks, but hey it happens (mine just broke last week on both the rear swing arms). So for those of you wondering the cost for a completely new rear triangle, I contacted Jamis and they said it would be $250 for the whole new triangle (not sure the price for just the chain-stay). Still haven't gone through the whole process yet, but it’s been pretty rough and not necessarily easy as I have to go through a Jamis bike dealer which has a turn over time of a week for each question... really losing momentum to get my bike back up and running. Anyways, hope this helps any of y'all going through the same thing, but honestly in my opinion it may be best to just drop your loss and get a completely new frame unless you’re under warranty as there really isn't too many circulating around now. Also if one of you guys ever need the front triangle for your jamis parker II just let me know as I'll have one lying around here soon.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008378
Mobile Version of Website