Downhill in Toronto....TDC has it...

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Downhill in Toronto....TDC has it...
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 21, 2013 at 12:17 Quote
aaoliver wrote:
The job is at University of York. Not really sure where I would live yet, don't know anything about the city. The fact that there are riding opportunities around is encouraging. I think I am going to need to buy a warmer jacket though!

Do you know which Campus?

Warmer jacket, boots, hat.......

Posted: Oct 21, 2013 at 23:17 Quote
nickboers wrote:
aaoliver wrote:
The job is at University of York. Not really sure where I would live yet, don't know anything about the city. The fact that there are riding opportunities around is encouraging. I think I am going to need to buy a warmer jacket though!

Do you know which Campus?

Warmer jacket, boots, hat.......

The one on Keele... But I'm thinking I would try to rent a place closer to one of the big parks... Or at least maybe a "cool neighborhood" .. I have a dog so need some open space and also want to be able to ride easily. Any suggestions?

Posted: Oct 22, 2013 at 7:08 Quote
G Lord Ross park is nearby with lots of rough open space. Downsview to the South is a large park, and there is some ravines to the West.

I'm from way out in the East end so I can't help with finding a cool neighbourhood near there. I suggest trying to stay fairly close, as the traffic in the city is pretty terrible.

Posted: Oct 27, 2013 at 6:21 Quote
aaoliver wrote:
The one on Keele... But I'm thinking I would try to rent a place closer to one of the big parks... Or at least maybe a "cool neighborhood" .. I have a dog so need some open space and also want to be able to ride easily. Any suggestions?

all the cool neighborhoods are very high $ to live in toronto and your commutes will be brutal. the best riding not to far away from york-u is north west. or what is called the upper humber area. plus it on the edge of the city. the drive to blue mountain is about an 1:45 hours (which is pretty good). your commute to work is around 45 minutes which again is pretty good for the toronto area, but public transport is spotty (getting better though). but i got as much trails as i can ride right from my doorstep and a few short dh runs in the area. for example here is a trail network i'm working on.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n563/humberbolton/NRMT_DraftTrailPlan_OCT20131_zpseb5800d9.jpg
plus there is an opportunity to build...

there are rentals, but mostly basement apartments. if you are lucky you can find a reasonably priced unit. towns in the area are bolton/klienburg/nashville/and the top of woodbridge by the humber river.

otherwise i would live beside the don or the mouth of the humber

Posted: Oct 27, 2013 at 23:52 Quote
Thanks for this info, very helpful! I'm sure finding a rental is going to be an adventure!

singlesprocket wrote:
aaoliver wrote:

all the cool neighborhoods are very high $ to live in toronto and your commutes will be brutal. the best riding not to far away from york-u is north west. or what is called the upper humber area. plus it on the edge of the city. the drive to blue mountain is about an 1:45 hours (which is pretty good). your commute to work is around 45 minutes which again is pretty good for the toronto area, but public transport is spotty (getting better though). but i got as much trails as i can ride right from my doorstep and a few short dh runs in the area. for example here is a trail network i'm working on.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n563/humberbolton/NRMT_DraftTrailPlan_OCT20131_zpseb5800d9.jpg
plus there is an opportunity to build...

there are rentals, but mostly basement apartments. if you are lucky you can find a reasonably priced unit. towns in the area are bolton/klienburg/nashville/and the top of woodbridge by the humber river.

otherwise i would live beside the don or the mouth of the humber

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 at 7:49 Quote
I live around church/bloor and pay 1075/month. The entrance to the don is 10min by bike and the area is pretty central for everything. The commute to york might be a bit long, but on the other hand everything else is close and getting home at night is a breeze.

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 at 21:09 Quote
kgbrussian wrote:
I live around church/bloor and pay 1075/month. The entrance to the don is 10min by bike and the area is pretty central for everything. The commute to york might be a bit long, but on the other hand everything else is close and getting home at night is a breeze.

That's awesome info. Thank you! If you find any good rentals to start Feb 1 let me know! Big Grin I'll put that area on my list of "places to look for apartments, maybe".

Posted: Nov 2, 2013 at 6:37 Quote
hey i recently moved to Toronto and am a beginner DH / FR rider and was wondering if there is any trails or runs being worked on in my area, im 5 min from Kennedy station. Right now im mostly looking to help out as i don't have a bike yet but i do have a Nikon D3200 with two lens an 18-55 and a 55-200 as well as a tripod. So im looking to help out in any way i can!

Posted: Nov 4, 2013 at 7:07 Quote
There is not alot in that area, there are a few closer to the bluffs but nothing close to Kennedy. If you read a few post back most of the areas should have been covered. Seeing as the dirt is pretty frozen right now its unlikely people are still digging. When you do get a bike message me I would be more then willing to show you around.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017957
Mobile Version of Website