"Best" clipless pedals for DH

PB Forum :: Downhill
"Best" clipless pedals for DH
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 4, 2014 at 22:31 Quote
I have had experiences with both. I have fully converted both my bikes to shimano. I like the tight ski binding feeling. I find crank brothers pedals feel soft. Im using a set of dx pedals on my dh bike and xt platforms for my trail bike. Both feel great. Also the crank brother spring desgin can be unreliable. I had it where the spring moves from side to side and I have to move it back. Also on some older mallets i had the wings of the actually clip part spread apart and i couldn't get clipped back in. Shimano wins this battle.

Posted: May 28, 2015 at 21:41 Quote
WaterWaterWaterWater wrote:
Hellcats and Mallets. Sounds good! Thanks guys! Big Grin I might have to buy a pair of TIme Atac DH4 pedals too, just to test them out Wink

Massive dig. How'd that turn out? Looking at getting the older gen Hellcats and DX.

O+
Posted: May 29, 2015 at 5:25 Quote
szot123 wrote:
WaterWaterWaterWater wrote:
Hellcats and Mallets. Sounds good! Thanks guys! Big Grin I might have to buy a pair of TIme Atac DH4 pedals too, just to test them out Wink

Massive dig. How'd that turn out? Looking at getting the older gen Hellcats and DX.

That's what I ride. Works good, but I had to take a razor and snippers to cut away a bunch of material from around the cleat.

Posted: May 29, 2015 at 10:26 Quote
I like the five ten minnaars. Work great with mallets.

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 at 3:20 Quote
i'm also looking at all these pedals.

a friend of mine had the Crank Bros and said he had to replace the bearings twice in 6 months. My riding is don 80% in the wet, so want some pedals that will last or easily serviceable.

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 17:54 Quote
I'm gonna try out hellcat's with Mallet's in the end! Salute

Posted: Jul 24, 2016 at 10:49 Quote
ndubl8 wrote:
i've got mallets and shimano am45 clipless shoes, great combo, 0 issues.
.. hi so both the mallets and am45 cleats fit which are best crank ?

Posted: Jul 24, 2016 at 15:00 Quote
Been a year on Five Ten Hellcat's and Mallet DH and the combo is really good.

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 7:53 Quote
cjabbo wrote:
ndubl8 wrote:
Are you looking for an aluminum or carbon crankset? I have been running SixC cranks for the past two years and they are amazing! However, I do understand that some people do have an issue with having "plastic" cranks; my preferred aluminum option are the RaceFace Atlas cranks. The cinch chainring system, and their removable spindle just make service so much easier, and they look totally badass!

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 8:31 Quote
cjabbo wrote:
ndubl8 wrote:

You might have just worded this wrong. But you need to use the cleat from the mallets. If you try and use the Shimano cleat you'll likely get stuck in.

The AM45 and the Mallet works perfectly though!

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 0:53 Quote
A lot of people dont lnow this but crankbrothers amllets need lubing before they are ridden as the amount of grease they are given in the factory is not sufficient and will cause premature wear

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015396
Mobile Version of Website