Dropper post & suspension remote combo?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Dropper post & suspension remote combo?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2013 at 16:56 Quote
Is there any reason you would not want the suspension remote and the dropper post button to be the same switch? I guess as long as you only have two suspension settings. (honestly they could prob make multiple susp. settings work too)

I recently demoed a bike with a dropper post, first time using one and it was very nice. I still think i would enjoy a suspension remote much more but still, it was nice. It got me thinking of how I prob would not love having three settings to adjust every time i hit a climb (gear switch, seat height, suspension)

Obviously there is the mechanical differences of the way the two work but i dont see why they couldnt figure that out to be contained in the same switch, the fewer switches the better and the seat height and suspension setting really go hand in hand. Probably a costly luxury, but I imagine if your are someone who spends the money on a dropper post or suspension remote individually you probably arent seeing price tags as much of a turn off anyway.

Posted: Apr 25, 2013 at 11:52 Quote
Yeah, some people have said it makes sense to connect the Fox CTS "descend" mode to a dropper seatpost, but if you have a fork lockout, that may not always sync with a dropper post.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008956
Mobile Version of Website