Is it poss to make a dirt bowl ?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Is it poss to make a dirt bowl ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 27, 2013 at 13:28 Quote
Is this possable, has any one already done it?

Posted: Apr 27, 2013 at 13:50 Quote
I'm sure I've seen it done. There was a pic floating around of someone who made a berm which was almost a bowl, it was huge!

Posted: Apr 28, 2013 at 13:32 Quote
liamthebadger wrote:
I'm sure I've seen it done. There was a pic floating around of someone who made a berm which was almost a bowl, it was huge!
. Nice sounds cool, would be fun to have a go on. Higest berm i've seen only waist high maby lower

Posted: Apr 28, 2013 at 13:33 Quote
Skipwizard wrote:
liamthebadger wrote:
. Nice sounds cool, would be fun to have a go on. Higest berm i've seen only waist high maby lower
Thought you'd ridden PORC? The berm after the long straight is about 7ft.

Posted: Apr 28, 2013 at 13:37 Quote
liamthebadger wrote:
Skipwizard wrote:
liamthebadger wrote:
no never been to porc. Its defo on my to do list. Gunna check out avery hill jumps first they gota few vids on youtube looks cool search it on you tube and av a look at avery train. Its the falcon wood area. But porc does look a lot better. Jus wanna make a weekend out of it

Posted: Apr 28, 2013 at 13:39 Quote
Skipwizard wrote:
liamthebadger wrote:
Skipwizard wrote:
no never been to porc. Its defo on my to do list. Gunna check out avery hill jumps first they gota few vids on youtube looks cool search it on you tube and av a look at avery train. Its the falcon wood area. But porc does look a lot better. Jus wanna make a weekend out of it
If you're ever riding in Maidstone I'll show you the Red Bull jumps (pretty haggard) and DFS jumps (ghetto and small but flowy) just send us a message.

Posted: Apr 28, 2013 at 13:44 Quote
liamthebadger wrote:
Skipwizard wrote:
liamthebadger wrote:
If you're ever riding in Maidstone I'll show you the Red Bull jumps (pretty haggard) and DFS jumps (ghetto and small but flowy) just send us a message.
sweet man i gota mate in the maidstone area. We will av to sort somthing out in the near futer. id like too see ya jumps. Could always cone down this way too got few good spots.

Posted: Apr 28, 2013 at 13:49 Quote
Skipwizard wrote:
liamthebadger wrote:
Skipwizard wrote:
sweet man i gota mate in the maidstone area. We will av to sort somthing out in the near futer. id like too see ya jumps. Could always cone down this way too got few good spots.
Don't ride DJs really anymore as I sold my Majesty for a freeride bike. I do sometimes ride DJs on my run around bike though.

Posted: Apr 29, 2013 at 0:11 Quote
liamthebadger wrote:
Skipwizard wrote:
liamthebadger wrote:
Don't ride DJs really anymore as I sold my Majesty for a freeride bike. I do sometimes ride DJs on my run around bike though.
klkl man, whats a freeride bike? Like slopestyle? I got an xc bike and a jump bike.

Posted: May 1, 2013 at 5:52 Quote
Drainage issues would be the problem with a dirt bowl , prety much no way to drain them unless you build it like they used to with the concrete ones , drainage 1st then ( like a plug hole ) then build the bowl around that , only thing is it will fill with dirt in no time then you gotta figure out how to unblock it.

Posted: May 1, 2013 at 8:16 Quote
bigburd wrote:
Drainage issues would be the problem with a dirt bowl , prety much no way to drain them unless you build it like they used to with the concrete ones , drainage 1st then ( like a plug hole ) then build the bowl around that , only thing is it will fill with dirt in no time then you gotta figure out how to unblock it.
yer thats deffo a problem and i see what you mean, It would be a bitch to build. It wouldent last long then without a way to drain it. Would be immpossable if you just dug down..you would have to make some sort of circular dirt jump

Posted: May 1, 2013 at 12:54 Quote
A full bowl might be to much to do , but what about half a bowl , easy drainage and only half the work and you can still air it like you would a full bowl

Posted: May 1, 2013 at 13:48 Quote
bigburd wrote:
A full bowl might be to much to do , but what about half a bowl , easy drainage and only half the work and you can still air it like you would a full bowl
BigBurd, you know the huge berm I referenced earlier? the BMX one? still looking for that lol A half bowl or dirt quarter would do a good job just make it super wide, had one nearby but it was too thin to properly air - or make it nearly vert.

Ask Trailboss-Dan he had some absolutely sexy looking berms at Moo's IIRC.

Posted: May 1, 2013 at 23:53 Quote
Yer half bowl sounds kl. i was just thinking would be easiyer, if i found a natural drop or somthing or steep bit. Could be sculpted out of somthing like that.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2013 at 10:48 Quote
Try to build it ontop of a hill so there won't be much rain drained in the bowl.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.039088
Mobile Version of Website