Agressive Short Travel Rig

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Agressive Short Travel Rig
Author Message
Posted: May 3, 2013 at 8:43 Quote
nomis123 wrote:
I never said they were stupid, stop being an ass. I was only querying as to why they put a rubbish (from what I can see) spec on an otherwise decent frame, fork, shock.
soz

Posted: May 3, 2013 at 8:44 Quote
as a matter of fact when did I say that was the ONLY build they did of the ariel? exactly I didn't. I WANTED TO KNOW WHY THE FORK FRAME AND SHOCK WERE ON A POOR BUILD, IT MAKES NO SENCE. God your pedantic.

Posted: May 3, 2013 at 8:54 Quote
faceplantfeind wrote:

Your point about it having such good suspension compared to the spec shows once again how stupid Saracen were, deciding that they should try to give the customer the best suspension possible because it is one of the biggest factors in how a bike rides (you won't notice having cheap cranks or a bad seat post half as much as bad suspension). They should have just built it with full Sram XX1 and Enve rims.
I did answer that (or at least i gave what i think is the reason)

Posted: May 3, 2013 at 9:08 Quote
I know but you were such a bloody cretin while doing so...

Posted: May 3, 2013 at 9:29 Quote
gt sensor? have mine built up for a more aggresive feel (shorter stem, wider bars, thicker tyres), has really slack head angle

Posted: May 3, 2013 at 9:57 Quote
Well this appears to have turned from an Aggressive Short Travel Rig discussion to dimply an Aggressive discussion...

Posted: May 3, 2013 at 10:02 Quote
its short travel and pedals well

Posted: May 3, 2013 at 13:53 Quote
I have a SC Blur 4x and it does everything half decent. Its 115mm at the back and if you stick an adjustable fork on it, it can do most things. Shame they dont make it anymore.

Posted: May 3, 2013 at 14:49 Quote
berminator7 wrote:
its short travel and pedals well

DW, wasn't aimed at you, but at the arguing guys before you Salute

Posted: May 3, 2013 at 16:05 Quote
To faceplant, I never said anything about being supple a bad thing...infact,i never said anything about being supple at all, justthat it doesnt climb too well . and I was saying if one can afford a SC or giant, Where you don't need to use propedal as the sus design is great, that is a clear benefit over having to start flicking a switch every time you want to go up

And your not an ass, if you were I could have a better conversatio with you

Posted: May 3, 2013 at 16:17 Quote
bendy wrote:
bendy wrote:
To faceplant, I never said anything about being supple a bad thing...infact,i never said anything about being supple at all, justthat it doesnt climb too well . and I was saying if one can afford a SC or giant, Where you don't need to use propedal as the sus design is great, that is a clear benefit over having to start flicking a switch every time you want to go up

And your not an ass, if you were I could have a better conversatio with you
Pahahahaha, I actually lol'd . Saracen in general is no where near the quality of SC, and the suspension design is supple on the arial but shitty for climbing. Also the arial used bushes not bearings for all it's frame pivots so play develops after a relatively short period of time and they wear quicker. I could carry on about how shite they are but I think my point is clear :')
The only real contender to beat Santa cruz in terms of suspension is giant, but only in the xc bike area. And quality and realibility, they are only matched by giant. One last thing, SC use a military grade ballistic coating as the last layer (before paint) on their carbon frames to resist against impacts, as well as giving you titanium hardware.
I just could not let these lies go unchallenged.
Possibly you didn't explicitly say being supple was a bad thing, but you definitely said it was supple, followed shortly after by saying it was shitty for climbing (easy to see how the confusion arose).

Posted: May 4, 2013 at 11:06 Quote
Fair enough. Arials suspension design is good for everything other than climbing, if it wasn't for the fact they are very poor from a mechanical side of things and I wanted a cheaper full sus i would consider one. I was just saying its not quite as good as vpp or maestro suspension designs, but that's another reason why it doesn't cost as much

Posted: May 5, 2013 at 18:55 Quote
Heard some good stuff about the Banshee Rune, and if you're still interested in a slope bike one of the older Specialized SX's were supposedly not too bad for XC/AM use as well as slope and DH.

Posted: May 6, 2013 at 1:21 Quote
Well Ive been looking into it a bit more and I reckon the perfect frame would be the old Banshee Spitfire, new ones a bit heavier, longer travel and slacker but the previous model was ideal, I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on the buysell.

Posted: Sep 19, 2013 at 8:20 Quote
Does anyone know roughly how heavy the Ariel is?


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016184
Mobile Version of Website