Considering getting into dj and some park riding, help with frame choice and general advice would be awesome!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Considering getting into dj and some park riding, help with frame choice and general advice would be awesome!
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 3, 2013 at 11:13 Quote
Im just selling a ton of stuff at the moment and was going to spend the money on upgrading my downhill bike, not really necessary but the wheels are crazy heavy at about 2500g but then Ive found some good prices on some dirt jump frames and am considering building one up with a few of the parts I have lying around and off my ski bike as Im not using it at the moment.

Ive never really done any dj or park riding before but it looks amazing fun, so my question was, get a dartmoor 26player 2013 and get a sweet set of wheels for it or get a 2013 banshee amp and get cheaper heavier wheels? At the moment Im just playing with the idea though but Ive got some goods spots in mind for building my own jumps and am really stoked on the idea

Posted: May 3, 2013 at 11:58 Quote
A used complete tends to be the best deal if you're on a budget. Frame plus wheels could easily put you at $700, whereas there are used completes going for that and less.

Posted: May 3, 2013 at 12:04 Quote
fair enough, Im pretty good at finding deals though and nothing beats the satisfaction that come from building your own bike, Ive looked around a bit but some ideas for bikes to look for would be awesome

Posted: May 3, 2013 at 12:25 Quote
26 player. amps crack alot and it wont have warrenty

Posted: May 3, 2013 at 12:34 Quote
You'll be best getting a cheap complete (the ns bikes range on chain reaction cycles are a great starting point) then upgrading it as you go. You'll save about 50% that way

Posted: May 4, 2013 at 1:33 Quote
henry-turner wrote:
26 player. amps crack alot and it wont have warrenty

I never heard that, I could also get a deity cryptkeeper for the same price as the amp

Posted: May 4, 2013 at 4:33 Quote
No. 26 player haha

Posted: May 5, 2013 at 21:31 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
A used complete tends to be the best deal if you're on a budget. Frame plus wheels could easily put you at $700, whereas there are used completes going for that and less.
Go used on individual parts. I built up my own bike w/ a used commencal absolut, a used dj1 fork, leftover tires, my own laced ns wheels, and various cheap parts from crc for about 700, and it's dialed. Plus I have the satisfaction of having my own hand built bike.

ALSO, since you asked, the Deity Cryptkeeper is an amazing bike, plus Deity is great about standing behind their products.

Posted: May 6, 2013 at 10:00 Quote
The 26player has quite a slack head angle compared to other DJ bikes, whats the deal on spank tweet tweet frames? Also found an insane deal on a excellent condition toxic green 2012 cryptkeeper

Posted: May 6, 2013 at 12:57 Quote
Of the mentioned i would say cryptkeeper

Posted: May 6, 2013 at 12:58 Quote
Getting a cryptkeeper tonight! Any fork suggestions?

Posted: May 6, 2013 at 14:10 Quote
You hardly see any of these, but a lowered x-fusion vengeance is a great fork.

Posted: May 6, 2013 at 14:12 Quote
All the ones I have seen are now broken.

Posted: May 6, 2013 at 14:26 Quote
henry-turner wrote:
All the ones I have seen are now broken.

Vengences? I wouldnt mind some slants

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010949
Mobile Version of Website