Big Bear back in the downhill game

PB Forum :: USA - West
Big Bear back in the downhill game
O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 22:22 Quote
CaptainKurt wrote:
I'm pyched to get on the hill up there.. I need a new 160mm straight 1 1/8th steerer fork. Its a bitch looking for anything good nowadays. lol. Anyone coming near the Long Beach area or not terribly far I'm down to carpool. How much are day passes normally?

How long of a steerer do you need?

Posted: May 3, 2017 at 9:36 Quote
Grizzlycycles661 wrote:
CaptainKurt wrote:
I'm pyched to get on the hill up there.. I need a new 160mm straight 1 1/8th steerer fork. Its a bitch looking for anything good nowadays. lol. Anyone coming near the Long Beach area or not terribly far I'm down to carpool. How much are day passes normally?

How long of a steerer do you need?

I could probably work with 7.5 inches minimum on a straight steerer fork. Found out I could use a tapered with two external cups but it would have to be 8.2 inches of steerer. Just don't know if I wanna deal with the extra stack

O+
Posted: May 3, 2017 at 11:20 Quote
Dang the one I have is too short. 6.5 inches

.....I'll wait for it

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 11:07 Quote
need to put new tires on my bike for this season, anyone have any suggestions?

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 12:06 Quote
live-4-bmx wrote:

Speed = Minion DHF
Grip = Magic Mary

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 12:55 Quote
High rollers are great for summit too

Posted: May 26, 2017 at 11:44 Quote
Anybody going up this weekend please give us a trail/park report. So ready to hit it but we avoid opening weekend because of the crowds,traffic.
Really hope they follow through with their word and bring back the jump park, a decent Pumptrack at the bottom.
Looks like weather will be great too!

O+
Posted: May 26, 2017 at 20:31 Quote
so far from the posts & videos I've seen on IG it looks like they made some progress on improving on last year. We're headed up next sunday.

Posted: May 26, 2017 at 22:25 Quote
Going up tomorrow. They need gnar natural trails like how they had back in the day. How I miss those trails. Anyways...can't beat using a lift to get me up the mountain.

Posted: May 27, 2017 at 8:12 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
Anybody going up this weekend please give us a trail/park report. So ready to hit it but we avoid opening weekend because of the crowds,traffic.
Really hope they follow through with their word and bring back the jump park, a decent Pumptrack at the bottom.

Rode the park yesterday. Very crowded. New hip on party wave is fun. So is the wood jump at the beginning that replaced the dirt lip on the first big table. Fall line got a re route and is fun and flowy but lots of pedalling. Turtle trail got some improvements and is really fun. Dirt was great and trails were in top shape. No jump line at the bottom but it looks like they're getting ready to build something there. Good times as always even if I spent most of the day standing in line.

Posted: May 27, 2017 at 8:41 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
bikebike69 wrote:

Rode the park yesterday. Very crowded. New hip on party wave is fun. So is the wood jump at the beginning that replaced the dirt lip on the first big table. Fall line got a re route and is fun and flowy but lots of pedalling. Turtle trail got some improvements and is really fun. Dirt was great and trails were in top shape. No jump line at the bottom but it looks like they're getting ready to build something there. Good times as always even if I spent most of the day standing in line.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like positive changes.
We avoid opening weekend but looking forward to next Sunday. Hope they get the bottom built back up soon.

Posted: Jun 1, 2017 at 8:36 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
live-4-bmx wrote:

Speed = Minion DHF
Grip = Magic Mary

I've got minion DHF front and back and they are magic I tell you, magic.

Posted: Jun 1, 2017 at 8:42 Quote
Heading up to the park Saturday 6/3/17 and coming home Sunday afternoon solo strike mission from San Clemente if anyone wants to carpool I have 3 extra spots. Also, doing the same thing the weekend after so let me know can't wait for some lift time, yewwwwww.

Posted: Jun 1, 2017 at 8:52 Quote
TheRealKrysBrown wrote:
Heading up to the park Saturday 6/3/17 and coming home Sunday afternoon solo strike mission from San Clemente if anyone wants to carpool I have 3 extra spots. Also, doing the same thing the weekend after so let me know can't wait for some lift time, yewwwwww.

We are leaving san clemente Friday night. Have some friends trying to leave Saturday and wanting to carpool

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 16:19 Quote
Westridge is rolling pretty good. New wood kicker on first jump after first step down is nice but landing is a little short! Hip jump after first rock garden is fun and good kick up,nice long landing.
The rest is pretty much the same with little tweeks.
They said one of the Pumptracks may be done this week.......we'll see?!
Give it a solid B+ grade as of now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014941
Mobile Version of Website