Getting a scott voltage FR frame soon and was wondering a few things

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Getting a scott voltage FR frame soon and was wondering a few things
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 6, 2013 at 18:39 Quote
hi there,

i've recently become the owner of a scott voltage fr frame (extremely happy about that so much so that i made this thread before it actually arrives lol ) anyway it comes with a Marzocchi Rocco R and the i intend to put on it is a Rockshox Totem. one of the things i wanna know is would this be perfect considering it's the short model? i figured the long model was more suited for a totem, 888, boxxer ect..

also gear ratio. i intend to put a 32t chainring on the front and a 32t - 11t cassette on the back i ran this kinda set up on my specialized enduro and it was perfect. recently i've been riding bikes with the same cassette ratio but a 38t chainring (kinda tough to ride especially with the back brake rubbing against the pads so much so that the bike was nearly impossible to move AND it was a balfa bb7 not the lightest bike in the world. and i tried a lot of different things to try sort it but to no avail. my uncle has the exact same brakes and his rocky mountain switch works like a dream but mine? f***ing suicide... (story of my life)

anyway is that frame shock and for combo alright?
and the gear ratio seems perfect for me.

thanks in avance for your responses

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 9:26 Quote
short and long is sizing and only affects toptube length. Has nothing to do with compatibility of sc or dc forks

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 13:00 Quote
chris wrote:
short and long is sizing and only affects toptube length. Has nothing to do with compatibility of sc or dc forks

I should of known tbh it's just I've seen riders with a lot shorter travel on the frames than I expected but that's probably more to do with the shock positions as I have heard you can switch from long travel to short travel with different shock positions/mounts.

Posted: May 17, 2013 at 1:02 Quote
I've another question regarding my Scott Voltage FR (from 2011): I analyzed my back wheel and realized it has a wheel dish of approx. 6mm.
Does anybody know if the Voltage FR frame has really a back wheel offset (like some Demo's)? Can't find something in their manual...

Thx!

Posted: May 17, 2013 at 2:59 Quote
pow4all wrote:
I've another question regarding my Scott Voltage FR (from 2011): I analyzed my back wheel and realized it has a wheel dish of approx. 6mm.
Does anybody know if the Voltage FR frame has really a back wheel offset (like some Demo's)? Can't find something in their manual...

Thx!

i'm not sure what you mean by this but if it helps my halo combat on my voltage has been laced to a halo spindoctor and fitted with halo's 10mm nutted axle kit which comes with tome pretty hefty locking nuts which are about 10mm wide on both sides? hope that helps Smile if not apologies for my failure Facepalm

Posted: May 17, 2013 at 4:34 Quote
Not really what I mean...

I think about this:

http://www.leelikesbikes.com/wp-content/031008dish.gif

Does the Voltage FR frame has a asymmetrical back and needs a zero dish wheel? If yes, how many millimeters offset?

Posted: May 17, 2013 at 8:53 Quote
I just got a used Voltage FR20 for this season and it came with a Totem. Thought the front end was a little high it was a little too slack with the Totem.

Posted: May 17, 2013 at 12:46 Quote
pow4all wrote:

I think about this:

Does the Voltage FR frame has a asymmetrical back and needs a zero dish wheel? If yes, how many millimeters offset?

no, only older demos did.

Posted: Jun 7, 2013 at 0:44 Quote
chris wrote:
pow4all wrote:

I think about this:

no, only older demos did.

Thanks Chris, that's what I thougth...

Just saw that the new Norco Range 650B has also asymmetrical chainstays... So also newer bikes have it.

Posted: Jun 7, 2013 at 12:21 Quote
Nictue wrote:
I just got a used Voltage FR20 for this season and it came with a Totem. Thought the front end was a little high it was a little too slack with the Totem.

Totem has the same axle to crown length as 180mm domain which comes stock on some models. So it should be good. Maybe you have an external lower headset cup to fit a tapered steerer totem? That would add about 10mm, but wouldnt really change the geometry that much.

Posted: Jun 8, 2013 at 17:23 Quote
I have a Cannondale perp that's almost ready for retirement so I was wondering about getting a Voltage frame. Beeing able to pedal(no lifts nearby) is important and i hope the scott is a pedal friendly frame. Does it pedal well uphill?

Posted: Jun 8, 2013 at 21:04 Quote
@rockgarden, the voltage no matter what you put on it, or take off, is meant to ride up a hill.
@thedude, put a 55 or lyric on it and you'll be really happy. i ran mine with a 888, totem and that shitty stock domain and nothing is more fun then the 55. and get those aftermarket billet hole things that go in the rear shock mount holes, it will help stiffen the rear end substantially.

Posted: Jun 10, 2013 at 11:46 Quote
Rockgarden wrote:
I have a Cannondale perp that's almost ready for retirement so I was wondering about getting a Voltage frame. Beeing able to pedal(no lifts nearby) is important and i hope the scott is a pedal friendly frame. Does it pedal well uphill?

It doesn't pedal well uphill, but it pedals uphill....

Posted: Jun 10, 2013 at 13:14 Quote
Rockgarden wrote:

Put it in 160 mode rear and lock out the front, it'll pedal fine. It's no xc bike, but uphills aren't out of the question/

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013187
Mobile Version of Website