ridgid vs suspension for street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
ridgid vs suspension for street
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 at 4:17 Quote
Well getting back to the topic and not the whole BMX vs MTB crapolar...

I'm running rigids for street just for the simple reason that I don't want to smash up my pikes on concrete ledges and whatnot. Also found that rigids are rather fun compared to sus. It just sucks when you cock something up and you have a harsh landing.

Basically it's up to you and what you prefer the feel of.

Posted: May 17, 2011 at 1:43 Quote
was thinking about getting the 2010 ns RNS2 rigids, but i run a female axle on the front. i currently run 80mm dj3's and ride street (180's, footjams ect.) alsomy fork make a creaking/cracking noise every time i footjam so i need a new fork soon an dont want to spend too much on a rigid incase i dont like it.

Posted: May 17, 2011 at 4:06 Quote
Try and find some 2nd hand identiti rebates. Cost nowt and probably the best rig ids you can get. Tough as nails and come in a range of lengths. The ns forks are a bit short IMHO.

Posted: May 17, 2011 at 4:09 Quote
Walrus666 wrote:
Try and find some 2nd hand identiti rebates. Cost nowt and probably the best rig ids you can get. Tough as nails and come in a range of lengths. The ns forks are a bit short IMHO.

NS RNS2 is only 5mm shorter than the Rebate.
Than there's the Fundamental which is 10mm longer than the Rebate.

Also the Rebate only comes in one length. There is an XL version, but that one seems to be not so strong because it's too long.

Posted: May 17, 2011 at 4:41 Quote
Id Rabate 425
Id rebate xl 465
NS fundi 435
NS rns 420
S&M pitch fork 435
Blk mkt tech 9 414 and 395 ( surprised no one mentioned it)
All depends on your frame and what your looking for with BB drop and head tube angle.
oh Dmr is 440 . I hear they are pretty sturdy now but I don't like the way the sit on the bike too far in.

Posted: May 17, 2011 at 18:24 Quote
spongebomb wrote:
rigid if you ride technical street and don't do higher drops than 4 sets, suspension if you ride agressive

if you ride rigid: Identiti Rebate, there's no other fork which comes close to being that good, cause the Rebate is PERFECT!!!
if you ride suspension: goldlabel if you don't do too extreme stuff, argyle if you're a bike destroyer
tchokr and Ns are sick too

Posted: May 17, 2011 at 18:31 Quote
bobo-alb4 wrote:
i don't know what type of forks to get.Could someone please write the pros and cons of ridgids and suspension i.e lighter,cheaper,stronger, LOOKS (i don't want my street/dirt jump bike to look like a BMX)
rigids are lighter stronger (in some types) significantly cheaper and look real clean except for the wrists in some cases. SUS are sweet for big sets, softer, dont look as clean, heavier and expensive--- keep it real go with rigid unless you're jumping off buildings lol

Posted: May 17, 2011 at 18:33 Quote
Walrus666 wrote:
fundamentals (2010) come in 435 thats a fair amount of height but yah the rest are short

Posted: May 17, 2011 at 19:33 Quote
Rigid, you dont need* suspension at all on the street. Coming from a bmx perspective, although its nice to have that cushion its not necessary and not worth its weight. Rigid is noticeably lighter and to me feels better handling wise. I was concerned when I went rigid but after a few good rides i will most likely never go back to suspension.

Also looks better imo.

Posted: May 17, 2011 at 22:05 Quote
jason123425 wrote:
spongebomb wrote:
rigid if you ride technical street and don't do higher drops than 4 sets, suspension if you ride agressive

if you ride rigid: Identiti Rebate, there's no other fork which comes close to being that good, cause the Rebate is PERFECT!!!
if you ride suspension: goldlabel if you don't do too extreme stuff, argyle if you're a bike destroyer

It's been years since I said that and in the mean time I broke my rebate and I now got a tchokr and a rns2 :p

Posted: May 18, 2011 at 3:56 Quote
thanks for the help, just went and bought 2010 ns RNS 2's for £66 Smile didnt want to spent too much.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=45963
i shall post a picture once they arrive Smile

Posted: May 18, 2011 at 19:43 Quote
spongebomb wrote:
jason123425 wrote:
spongebomb wrote:

It's been years since I said that and in the mean time I broke my rebate and I now got a tchokr and a rns2 :p
all good two fantastic forks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011035
Mobile Version of Website