Got $4k to spend on a DH bike , best plow bikes ?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got $4k to spend on a DH bike , best plow bikes ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 6, 2013 at 19:29 Quote
So im in the market for a bike that i can plow the east coast rocks , roots, and steep rollers with ... Looking for a bike that i can breakout on the weekend at the local bike parks, let her rip in all the nasty rock gardens and steep loose root trails .. Im not a fan of big jumps or drops so those arent important to me .

I heard the tr450 would be good for this , but the new 2013 Glorys seem tempting as well .. I like a bike that when i sit on it that i get the " in the bike " feeling ... What bikes would you guys recommend that i can fit into my budget ? I am VERY open to buying used in good condition too ..

Posted: May 6, 2013 at 23:34 Quote
aedubber wrote:
So im in the market for a bike that i can plow the east coast rocks , roots, and steep rollers with ... Looking for a bike that i can breakout on the weekend at the local bike parks, let her rip in all the nasty rock gardens and steep loose root trails .. Im not a fan of big jumps or drops so those arent important to me .

I heard the tr450 would be good for this , but the new 2013 Glorys seem tempting as well .. I like a bike that when i sit on it that i get the " in the bike " feeling ... What bikes would you guys recommend that i can fit into my budget ? I am VERY open to buying used in good condition too ..

How's it going bud, realistically now a days any bike will be a good choice. All newer frames are pushing similar geometry. Whether that be head tube angle, bottom bracket height, seat tube angle, and everything else. Being your first bike you are probably going to like anything you get. So I just say get whatever you think looks the coolest. The new Glory is indeed a very nice bike. Transition also makes excellent bikes. So I just say get whatever you want because anything will do what you want/need it to do.

O+
Posted: May 7, 2013 at 9:30 Quote
Used Santa cruz V10 or a Canfield Jedi will do what you're talking about. They are plow bikes and in your budget

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 11:32 Quote
used M9 or v10 get my vote

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 13:16 Quote
heres what you need right here mine is built 34.6 lbs full dh pedal all day do it all bike
Final Build is full DH build 34.6 lbs

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 13:17 Quote
or i would run an intense 951 they would do well also

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 15:09 Quote
THANK YOU for having a decent budget.. some people just dont get it..

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 15:22 Quote
should try yt or canyon great spec for the price

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 15:24 Quote
Yeah I mean its definitely a pricey hobby and I want to buy a quality used bike not junk ... I had an operator and I rode on a 2011 glory which I loved.. im thinking either a used tr450 devinci or a nukeproof or new glory ...

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 15:32 Quote
the glory is a great bike i used to have one replaced it now with a wilson and love it either would be great

O+
Posted: May 7, 2013 at 15:41 Quote
I was set on a TR 450 too, but a used TR goes for the price of a new Glory. I bought a glory and really like it. Just couldn't see buying used when I knew I could get a new Glory, figure if its good enough for Danny Hart...etc..

O+
Posted: May 21, 2013 at 15:44 Quote
I picked up a used rental session 9.9 for $4500 Canadian, in whistler. It also came with the 2013 saint groupo.
I love it. 36lbs ready to ride.

Posted: May 21, 2013 at 22:14 Quote
mxracer78 wrote:
I picked up a used rental session 9.9 for $4500 Canadian, in whistler. It also came with the 2013 saint groupo.

Dude i have $2400 into my 2011 Ellsworth Dare with full dh build with sram xx drivetrain and xo cranks, fox 40 fork, fox dhx rc4 shock and spare elka shock and hope tech brakes weigh in at 34lbs im thinking you spent a little to much

O+
Posted: May 21, 2013 at 22:32 Quote
Lol. Well I'm happy with my purchase. It's a $9000 bike. Full carbon.
To each their own.
I was just giving the OP information

Posted: May 21, 2013 at 22:45 Quote
erickson032 wrote:
mxracer78 wrote:

Dude i have $2400 into my 2011 Ellsworth Dare with full dh build with sram xx drivetrain and xo cranks, fox 40 fork, fox dhx rc4 shock and spare elka shock and hope tech brakes weigh in at 34lbs im thinking you spent a little to much

Unless you are able to link a photo with your bike hanging from a scale, I find your claimed weight extremely difficult to believe.

Link proof.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.037711
Mobile Version of Website