Got $4k to spend on a DH bike , best plow bikes ?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got $4k to spend on a DH bike , best plow bikes ?
Posted: May 21, 2013 at 22:53 Quote
this is my bike, a specialized big hit fsr 1 2009. the trails in my area are basically all rock gardens and it kills them. if you can get your hand on one of these or similar go for it. if not go for the glory 2. all three glorys are basically the same.but to be honest the best glory was the 2011 glory 00. file:///C:/Users/max.tibby/Pictures/bikes/specialized%20big%20hit%201.jpg.

Posted: May 21, 2013 at 23:00 Quote
maxenoughcolt wrote:
this is my bike, a specialized big hit fsr 1 2009. the trails in my area are basically all rock gardens and it kills them. if you can get your hand on one of these or similar go for it. if not go for the glory 2. all three glorys are basically the same.but to be honest the best glory was the 2011 glory 00. file:///C:/Users/max.tibby/Pictures/bikes/specialized%20big%20hit%201.jpg.

He wanted a good plow bike, I wouldn't call the pre 2013 glory's plow bikes. And certainly not the big hit. Plow bikes are generally going to have a raked head angle, "squishy" rear end, low BB and long wheel base.

Posted: May 22, 2013 at 2:09 Quote
Jedi legend glory- anything with a rearward axle path.

Posted: May 22, 2013 at 5:18 Quote
i already have a picture of my bike hanging from a scale on my profile
jsteer wrote:
erickson032 wrote:
mxracer78 wrote:
I picked up a used rental session 9.9 for $4500 Canadian, in whistler. It also came with the 2013 saint groupo.
I love it. 36lbs ready to ride.

Dude i have $2400 into my 2011 Ellsworth Dare with full dh build with sram xx drivetrain and xo cranks, fox 40 fork, fox dhx rc4 shock and spare elka shock and hope tech brakes weigh in at 34lbs im thinking you spent a little to much

Unless you are able to link a photo with your bike hanging from a scale, I find your claimed weight extremely difficult to believe.

Link proof.

Posted: May 22, 2013 at 5:25 Quote
Well i pulled thw trigger and got a killer deal on a 2013 specialized demo 8 , always wanted one and man i love the way it rides.... very very FAST bike ,its low as fuk and just hauls ass hahah..

O+
Posted: May 22, 2013 at 7:06 Quote
jsteer wrote:
erickson032 wrote:
mxracer78 wrote:
I picked up a used rental session 9.9 for $4500 Canadian, in whistler. It also came with the 2013 saint groupo.
I love it. 36lbs ready to ride.

Dude i have $2400 into my 2011 Ellsworth Dare with full dh build with sram xx drivetrain and xo cranks, fox 40 fork, fox dhx rc4 shock and spare elka shock and hope tech brakes weigh in at 34lbs im thinking you spent a little to much

Unless you are able to link a photo with your bike hanging from a scale, I find your claimed weight extremely difficult to believe.

Link proof.

thats funny i was just thinking this was impossible, also that scale shot isnt really proof and single ply tires tubeless isnt really considered dh

Posted: May 22, 2013 at 8:29 Quote
aedubber wrote:
Well i pulled thw trigger and got a killer deal on a 2013 specialized demo 8 , always wanted one and man i love the way it rides.... very very FAST bike ,its low as fuk and just hauls ass hahah..

congrats, Demos are great bikes

Posted: May 22, 2013 at 21:37 Quote
the big hit does the job well. you shouldd try it out.
NittyGritty wrote:
maxenoughcolt wrote:

He wanted a good plow bike, I wouldn't call the pre 2013 glory's plow bikes. And certainly not the big hit. Plow bikes are generally going to have a raked head angle, "squishy" rear end, low BB and long wheel base.

Posted: May 23, 2013 at 8:22 Quote
erickson032 wrote:
i already have a picture of my bike hanging from a scale on my profile
jsteer wrote:
erickson032 wrote:

Link proof.

full bike hanging on scale or BS. actually you could rig the scales as there elctronic,

Posted: May 23, 2013 at 8:23 Quote
maxenoughcolt wrote:

we cant see a picture thats on your computer man, you need to upload it somewhere so its on the interwebz

O+
Posted: May 23, 2013 at 8:39 Quote
nomis123 wrote:
maxenoughcolt wrote:

we cant see a picture thats on your computer man, you need to upload it somewhere so its on the interwebz

" Yeah I'm running single ply tires with being ring setup xo cranks and sram xx for the rest making the lightest drivetrain then running the light 35mm Easton havoc"

hes talking about this, which again isnt proof but.... here it is

Final Build is full DH build 34.6 lbs

Posted: May 23, 2013 at 8:40 Quote
airmiller44 wrote:
nomis123 wrote:
maxenoughcolt wrote:

no he isnt?

O+
Posted: May 23, 2013 at 9:02 Quote
nomis123 wrote:
airmiller44 wrote:
nomis123 wrote:

no he isnt?

lMAO i misread thought it was about that "light ellsworth" proof again dang it

Posted: May 23, 2013 at 9:05 Quote
airmiller44 wrote:
nomis123 wrote:
airmiller44 wrote:

no he isnt?

lMAO i misread thought it was about that "light ellsworth" proof again dang it

nope haha Razz

O+
Posted: May 23, 2013 at 9:09 Quote
my bad im still stuck on not believing it weighs the same as a 10g santa cruz carbon v10 with carbon wheels lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013172
Mobile Version of Website