How many FR hardtails are out there? Post pics

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
How many FR hardtails are out there? Post pics
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 9:36 Quote
webber123 wrote:
Hey guys, i currently have a DMR Exalt frame and will soon be getting a cove foreplay. You recon i should build the cove as my DJ bike, or move the parts from the dmr onto it,and make the dmr my DJ bike...

photo

I'd probably keep the DMR like it is and use the Foreplay as a DJ bike, as the Cove is aluminium whereas the DMR is steel. Also I think the cove is intended for a smaller fork isn't it?

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 9:51 Quote
Hardtails forever...finally got back on the saddle with one. It's been a couple years...man that thing is stiffSmile

photo

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 9:54 Quote
Naaronson wrote:
webber123 wrote:
Hey guys, i currently have a DMR Exalt frame and will soon be getting a cove foreplay. You recon i should build the cove as my DJ bike, or move the parts from the dmr onto it,and make the dmr my DJ bike...

photo

I'd probably keep the DMR like it is and use the Foreplay as a DJ bike, as the Cove is aluminium whereas the DMR is steel. Also I think the cove is intended for a smaller fork isn't it?

Thats what i was thinking, however the Cove has a much longer top tube and a very short rear end. Making it much better for freeride kinda riding. Also its made to be an 'uban assult hardtail' and coppatiable for duel crowns.

Might just try it as bothWink

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 13:40 Quote
[Quote="funkadrome"]here's my Chameleon

*snip*

all round sound build there looks sweet. apart from the brakes Razz

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
webber123 wrote:
Naaronson wrote:
webber123 wrote:

photo

Thats what i was thinking, however the Cove has a much longer top tube and a very short rear end. Making it much better for freeride kinda riding. Also its made to be an 'uban assult hardtail' and coppatiable for duel crowns.

isnt having a shorter rear end better for street/dj. i thought that it helped with doing manuals and stuff. personally i like the look or the dmr, it looks soo sick. id keep it like that.

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 14:42 Quote
dmanj wrote:
webber123 wrote:
Naaronson wrote:

isnt having a shorter rear end better for street/dj. i thought that it helped with doing manuals and stuff. personally i like the look or the dmr, it looks soo sick. id keep it like that.

Thanks man, this is the frame im getting off a mate. So need to think of what im doing, think i will just build it as a DJ bike.

photo

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 23:37 Quote
[Quote="sl-twins"]
funkadrome wrote:
here's my Chameleon

*snip*

all round sound build there looks sweet. apart from the brakes Razz

thanx mate... I guess I have to dump those brakes and change it into BB7 or some budget hydros...

but my priority is to get new flat pedals... 50/50 or Sunline, which one better?

Posted: Apr 24, 2009 at 0:32 Quote
50/50s are great (get xx), havent tried sunline they are so lush but expensive!

Posted: Apr 24, 2009 at 9:54 Quote
webber123 wrote:
dmanj wrote:
webber123 wrote:

Thanks man, this is the frame im getting off a mate. So need to think of what im doing, think i will just build it as a DJ bike.

photo

Also think about how much stiffer aluminium is than steel, so you probably want that extra bit of comfort for the freeride trails.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 5:29 Quote
funkadrome wrote:
thanx mate... I guess I have to dump those brakes and change it into BB7 or some budget hydros...

but my priority is to get new flat pedals... 50/50 or Sunline, which one better?
Ive used the 50/50X's and were complete crap, i had 2 sets, each lasting less than a week, both had bent axles. As far as Sunline goes, im using the V1 pedals on my ht and love em. Im afraid to get pedal bit from them. Helmet

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 13:05 Quote
here is my 08 vagrant... just got the jr t yesterday... oh yeah Smile sorry bout crappy phone pic

photo

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
pjt123x wrote:
here is my 08 vagrant... just got the jr t yesterday... oh yeah Smile sorry bout crappy phone pic

photo

What happened to your Pike?

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 17:44 Quote
PNWFreeride wrote:
pjt123x wrote:

photo

What happened to your Pike?

still got it... just off for the summer... idk migght sell but prolly keep cuz i do some dj and street stuff in winter and like havin the 95mm.... plus rays indoor mtb park is about hour away so good for winter... just plannin on hittin some big stuff here soon in summer and some dh so theought id get the jr... love it so far, just got in from ridin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027278
Mobile Version of Website