dorset dh

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: May 7, 2013 at 10:20 Quote
Hi I'm moving to Dorset in the not to distant future and am trying to suss out local spots etc. I know about ukbp and have heard a little bit about Puddletown forest which will be local to me but is there anywhere else that I'm missing? Also will a full on duh rig be too much down there as its borderline case here in the mids

Many thanks

Tim

Posted: May 9, 2013 at 3:28 Quote
yeah, I am afraid that a full dh rig will be way to much for down here, and the only place you will be able to ride it will be UKBP.

another good spot is Wareham forest, and that's my local area and there is just endless single track and is really good for trail riding, but I would not use a bike with more than 160mm there. But it is also one of those places where it is best to ride with a group or some locals so you know where all the good stuff is cause a lot of it is quite hidden.

Posted: May 9, 2013 at 12:22 Quote
Canford and upton heath have each got a few runs although quite short mind. There's also watchmoor bike park near ringwood, has a few northshore style things but they're really really short runs.

FL
Posted: May 10, 2013 at 13:21 Quote
Cheers guys , ill be moving to Crossways so I will look at those and ill be working right by canford Heath which is good , think I regret having a full dh rig now - doh

Posted: May 16, 2013 at 0:59 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:
Cheers guys , ill be moving to Crossways so I will look at those and ill be working right by canford Heath which is good , think I regret having a full dh rig now - doh
DH rig will be fine, the uplift at UKBP is great and has a race series , Puddletown is on your door step too. There dh track at Melbury with a race series. Some mini Dh stuff at Watchmoor bike park.

FL
Posted: May 16, 2013 at 2:09 Quote
scottfitz wrote:
sewer-rat wrote:
DH rig will be fine, the uplift at UKBP is great and has a race series , Puddletown is on your door step too. There dh track at Melbury with a race series. Some mini Dh stuff at Watchmoor bike park.

Cheers I got the rig in the van and will give puddletown a rip tonight

FL
Posted: Oct 1, 2013 at 10:41 Quote

Nice one dude just liked it, also on mad and puddletown dh

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010297
Mobile Version of Website