Trials slump...

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Trials slump...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 9, 2013 at 1:23 Quote
Hey has anyone else having the issue of no new riders? i live in sheffield, when i was starting riding it was a notoriously good place to ride, i chose my uni based on the bike scene here but in the last 3 years i've only encountered 2 new riders, both are (hate the term) grown ups and don't really have the time to put in to learn the sport properly so i'm left to my own deviceses to motivate and improve myself. why does trials fail to attract new riders? we really need them; more riders means more money and better stuff and acceptance and i want to lord it out over the noobs for a while too.. haha, i guess PB is mostly american so how is the scene your way?

Posted: May 11, 2013 at 14:46 Quote
i have found this is canada as well...
and in both provinces i have ridden
or visit for riding (British Columbia &
Alberta)...i try to stay positive and
push for people to go riding, young
and old...but not always sure what to
do...it's still a great sport!!!! Jailbreak

where is everybody???

Posted: May 12, 2013 at 10:35 Quote
except for street trials, the trials scene has seemed to develop to such a specific riding with bikes that are nowhere near resemblance of a regular bike. I feel that because it has become some much of a niche sport that it does not attract new riders. The equipment and competition scene at this moment is catered to advancing riders and UCI ruling. definitely not beginner friendly.
I could more in detail, but you get my drift.
That and trials has a steep learning curve which many are not willing to put in the time to. It takes a while to learn the basics of trials. But some kid can go to the local dirt jumps and catch air on the first day. Progression is the drug, and it is hard to acquire through trials.

Posted: May 12, 2013 at 17:36 Quote
That's the big thing, Its difficult and most people have the attention span of a goldfish. No one wants to put in months of physically exhausting practise before seeing any gains.

The guys who fall inlove with it and devote time to learning will always be into it though

Posted: May 14, 2013 at 11:24 Quote
Well, I'll be your new "addict" that you have to get hooked and keep strung out, how about that? tup

I just pulled the trigger on a basically-brand-new 2012 26" Neon Bow, and I'm going to be getting into the style here where I live.

I love technical riding, trellises, ladder bridges, skinnies, etc; The more technical and demanding, the better. My favorite was always the 2x6"s I had L-bolted to a brace board that I laid end to end and hopped onto and off of, rode end to end, and played with when I was younger... Ahh, the old days.

I'm guessing I'll be mostly a THS type rider, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be Leech or Danny Mac, like, EVER, but I do want to make this a going concern.
Feel free to let me know what some good first steps are based on my later posts, and I'll see ya'll on here!

Thanks! :Cool :

P.S. Will post pics of bike in pic thread when it arrives!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009493
Mobile Version of Website