Kona Entourage Sizing Help

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Kona Entourage Sizing Help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 10, 2013 at 22:58 Quote
So I tested out a Kona Entourage tonight and totally loved it. It was a medium and I'm a little worried when I get it out on an actual trail it'll feel small/cramped. My last bike was an older XL Enduro and it felt wayyyy too big and I know the Entourage has a pretty long top tube. I'll be using it for bike park (Black Rock and Duthie) as well as some trail shredding in the Mac Forrest in Corvallis (don't care if I have to push the bike to the top). I would try out a medium but they're the only shop around that has one and no one has a large anywhere in Oregon that I know of to try.

I also tried out a "long" scott voltage FR and the entourage felt more relaxed in the cockpit.

I'm 6' exactly, 180 lbs, and a little on the long legged side. Any other 6' entourage riders out there? (be honest everyone lies about their height, I really am 6' even).

Posted: May 11, 2013 at 7:18 Quote
Def get the lrg. I'm 5'9" and have two operators one is med the other lrg. And I really prefer the longer bike.
The actual top tube on these is quite short when you run the seats low. The deceptive thing about these bikes are that
the head angle is so slack that smaller frame "feels" longer. But the cockpit is still very short.
With the shorter frame i found when seated and pedaling and running today's longer bars your legs can get in your own way in tight turns.

Posted: May 11, 2013 at 10:46 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
Def get the lrg. I'm 5'9" and have two operators one is med the other lrg. And I really prefer the longer bike.
The actual top tube on these is quite short when you run the seats low. The deceptive thing about these bikes are that
the head angle is so slack that smaller frame "feels" longer. But the cockpit is still very short.
With the shorter frame i found when seated and pedaling and running today's longer bars your legs can get in your own way in tight turns.

That's really interesting. I know the entourage has a longer "feel' to it then the operator. I've gotten mixed feedback so far, a guy at one of the lbs (not trying to sell me any of his bikes) told me to get a medium, next shop, trying to sell me one of their bikes told me to get a large. Going to try both out next weekend.

Posted: May 11, 2013 at 11:38 Quote
Def try both sizes (I bet you end up lrg) I also ended up getting an offset clamp seatpost and a 60mm stem for my med bike. Feels better. When you test those bikes measure the "actual" top tube on both and you'll see what I mean by them feeling short if your seated and pedaling,although I know most of the time we are not with DH rigs. At some point if you trail ride you will be seated. Some will say "cockpit" length is more important! But I think it becomes less so than actual TT length when you have such slack HA and long forks. I'll be interested in how you think they fit after the test.

Posted: May 11, 2013 at 11:44 Quote
Also,head on over to the Kona Forum here on PB. The Entourage and Operator pages pretty much are saying the same thing in regards to rider size/frame size.

Posted: May 11, 2013 at 12:50 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
Def try both sizes (I bet you end up lrg) I also ended up getting an offset clamp seatpost and a 60mm stem for my med bike. Feels better. When you test those bikes measure the "actual" top tube on both and you'll see what I mean by them feeling short if your seated and pedaling,although I know most of the time we are not with DH rigs. At some point if you trail ride you will be seated. Some will say "cockpit" length is more important! But I think it becomes less so than actual TT length when you have such slack HA and long forks. I'll be interested in how you think they fit after the test.

I'm curious about which one I will like better. They're both 2012s marked down (the large is a deluxe and a demo model) so I'm leaning more towards that as it's a nicer build to start.

Hate sizing just riding around the parking lot though. Hard to get a good feel for a bike without actually riding it on a trail. I think either way I'll be ending up with a super sick bike.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2013 at 15:24 Quote
Im 6' 200 lbs and love my medium entourage. And I normally like a larger feeling bike. I rode a medium operator and didn't like how cramped I felt on it, the entourage felt much much better.

Posted: May 19, 2013 at 21:25 Quote
Went with a large. On a second ride the medium felt a little small. I can see the advantage if you're riding strictly bike parks but that's not the only place I ride. Will post pictures in the Entourage forum soon.

Posted: Nov 8, 2013 at 12:08 Quote
daver199 wrote:
Im 6' 200 lbs and love my medium entourage. And I normally like a larger feeling bike. I rode a medium operator and didn't like how cramped I felt on it, the entourage felt much much better.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007798
Mobile Version of Website