2013 Giant Reign Help

PB Forum :: Giant
2013 Giant Reign Help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 11, 2013 at 21:30 Quote
Hi
I've just build up this bike and I'm having a problem with the front derailleur hitting the linkage of the rear suspension.
photo
The front derailleur with the red tape on it is hitting the black linkage when the shock is compressed. I can move the front derailleur across using the limiters but then the chain runs on the side of the front derailleur.
Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2013 at 21:41 Quote
Don't know if you're still having this problem - hopefully not as I'd imagine you would've taken it back into the shop by now.

But you may need to re-position the derailleur as it may be too low. Just take it back into the shop if I were you

Posted: Jun 24, 2013 at 22:07 Quote
jonesee wrote:
Don't know if you're still having this problem - hopefully not as I'd imagine you would've taken it back into the shop by now.

But you may need to re-position the derailleur as it may be too low. Just take it back into the shop if I were you
But you may need to re-position the derailleur as it may be too low. Just take it back into the shop if I were you[/Quote]

I got the frame second hand so I can't take it back to the shop, but it's kind of sorted as when I'm in the little ring I'm usually climbing so I'm not in a situation where the shock will compress enough to hit the linkage. On a side note I cant raise the derailleur as when I do that the chain will rub on the bit that of derailleur that goes under the chain.

Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 8:10 Quote
I read your problem then noticed mine was doing the same thing slightly, I had just built it and noticed two like snake bites ! on the link so I had a spare derralier, bad spelling front mech brand new from a couple of years previous and its fine now have some pics not sure how to post on here its not as easy as mtbr

Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 14:05 Quote
doubleblank wrote:
I read your problem then noticed mine was doing the same thing slightly, I had just built it and noticed two like snake bites ! on the link so I had a spare derralier, bad spelling front mech brand new from a couple of years previous and its fine now have some pics not sure how to post on here its not as easy as mtbr

Go to your profile and click on upload picture, then through there find it on file then hit upload. Once you have done that go on to your profile again find the picture and look at the URL it will look like this : https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/8831988/, then you need to copy the numbers in bold or the whole URL. Then create a new message in the thread you want, i.e here. And on the bar with the smileys click the 4th from the left the PBImage one and paste the URL or the image number into the appropriate place. Or just add them to your profile and I can look at them through there.
Thanks for you help.

Posted: Jun 26, 2013 at 0:47 Quote
Ok have put them on my profile not as much messing about, you might need to rotate them , but as you can see its well clear on the small ring and is even further away on the second ring , the set up is a 2 * 9 the rings are 22 36, the front mech is the Shimano Deore XT FDM771 Ialso use twist shifter to trim the front from any rub

Posted: Jun 28, 2013 at 17:10 Quote
doubleblank wrote:
Ok have put them on my profile not as much messing about, you might need to rotate them , but as you can see its well clear on the small ring and is even further away on the second ring , the set up is a 2 * 9 the rings are 22 36, the front mech is the Shimano Deore XT FDM771 Ialso use twist shifter to trim the front from any rub

Yes, your front mech seems to have a lot more clearance than mine so I may need to change mine at some point but as I haven't hadn't any problems while riding I think I'll leave it atm.

Posted: Jun 29, 2013 at 0:15 Quote
OK. also there is something else you can do like I did and that is to deflate the shock and press down on the top tube the derr should. go straight. Past the link good luck

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 17:38 Quote
enduro86 wrote:
doubleblank wrote:

Yes, your front mech seems to have a lot more clearance than mine so I may need to change mine at some point but as I haven't hadn't any problems while riding I think I'll leave it atm.

Dont leave it...you are going to cause damage when you hit a deep whoop or g out in granny ring...can do that on the simplest of terrain

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 17:54 Quote
PraisedaMTBgods wrote:
enduro86 wrote:
doubleblank wrote:

Dont leave it...you are going to cause damage when you hit a deep whoop or g out in granny ring...can do that on the simplest of terrain

Seems to be sorted now. I've been riding it for 6 months or so and I've only heard it hit the frame like twice so I'm going to leave it or just go single ring.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010617
Mobile Version of Website