Some chill acoustic rock..?

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Some chill acoustic rock..?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 16:34 Quote
Lately, I've been getting into the soft, bluesy acoustic rock genre and want to know some artists to check into. Artists like Jack Johnson or Ben Harper to names a few.. thanks

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
city and colour ( Dallas Green)

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 16:06 Quote
Seconded on City and Colour

Try Neverending White Lights too, it's about 16 singers all chipping in a song each to make a really good chilled album.

Enjoy!

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:47 Quote
Check out John Butler Trio

[YT=https://youtube.com/watch?v=6VAkOhXIsI0]

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 13:26 Quote
Neil Young, Bright Eyes, and of course Bob Dylan.

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 19:13 Quote
John Butler Trio is amazing. And I love that song. Check out some of Dave Matthews stuff. Always works for me. And I recently heard some of The Kooks acoustic, sounds awsome. Check out Seaside by them, great song.

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
^^
She moves in her own way
Also a great song by the kooks, very chill.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 23:26 Quote
Second that on John Butler, those guys are rad. Check out slackstring, ben harper, dustin kensure (the lead singer from thrice's solo project), chris velan, i'm lsteing to chuck ragan right now which is quite chill

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 7:17 Quote
the Scene Aesthetic is good specifically "beauty in the break down", "so peter you've become a pirate" and "the alamo is no place for dancing" it may be a little girly but still chill and works with the ladies

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 14:50 Quote
secondhand serenade(all acoustic, the words are very emo, which i dont mind but some may)
oasis
dallas green

and i have alot of very very good acoustic songs from non acoustic bands, if u want those let me know.

ps. this is a really good song better, way better then the origional

mat weddle - hey yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-8nkkOA_AM

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
bikestyle101 wrote:
secondhand serenade(all acoustic, the words are very emo, which i dont mind but some may)

I wouldn't call him chill though... Its pretty intense acoustic... His voice just isnt mellow.

The new anberlin cd is mostly acoustic and its quite mellow... even the non acoustic stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJfm4xfPoic&feature=related

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
The whole mellon collie and infinite sadness cd by the smashing pumpkins. Or also the band stars, their cd in our bedroom after the war in particular. Not necessarily acoustic, but still pretty chill.

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 8:16 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:
The whole mellon collie and infinite sadness cd by the smashing pumpkins.

Shakedown 1979, cool kids never have the time.

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 11:04 Quote
Ever see them in concert? That song is numinous live, same with tonight tonight.

(P.S. I saw them at the virgin fest. 30 000 fans, center island, 4 hour wait for the ferry back to toronto. Most amazing concert I've been too)

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
Can't say I have, I'm from hali man we don't get good shows. I'll have to check out some videos, whats silverf*ck like live?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013382
Mobile Version of Website