All Mountain, Light but Strong Build Up

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
All Mountain, Light but Strong Build Up
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 16, 2013 at 3:25 Quote
Hey there guys i'm looking for a bit of help. I am going to turn this bike into a lighter weight AM bike but am struggling to come up with a solid build that is not only light weight, but quite strong as well. At the moment it is stock standard but I am looking at changing a number of parts to drop the weight significantly. I haven't properly weighed it but it feels like it is around 13.5-14kg and would like to get it under 12kg.

To start with I am going to change the seatpost and saddle to a Pro Tharsis seatpost and a Selle Italia SLR 135g saddle which should drop the weight by about 350g.

Next up I am looking at changing the wheels where I am running into a bit of a problem. I am tossing up the idea of going to an XX1 drivetrain but i am a bit limited with wheel choice to Mavic, Easton, Sram and DT Swiss. I am kinda ruling DT Swiss out just because it is INSANELY expensive. My question to you folks is what experience do you have with these brands, in particular their AM/Enduro wheelsets and what would you recommend. I am looking for something light but strong e.g Easton Haven Carbon.

2013 Avanti Torrent 2
  2013 Avanti Torrent 2

O+
Posted: May 28, 2013 at 8:16 Quote
Hey Bolmaing!
I saw this post and thought I'd suggest these wheels for you to check out if you're trying to go XX1 on a budget. http://www.mavic.com/en/product/wheels/mountain-bike/wheels/Crosstrail#325570
You can find them very reasonably priced on line, you'd save over a half pound compared to the wheels on there, and they're Adaptable to any stands axle configuration as well as convertible to XX1

Jeff

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009436
Mobile Version of Website