Who rides padded up?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Who rides padded up?
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 8, 2013 at 21:58 Quote
OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:
always wear knee pads if you don't you are an idiot also never wear short because that's just asking for shin death at some point especially if you ride hard and do risky stuff on the daily,
I dont find any difference between shorts and pants from shinners, the only different is that I end up with ripped pants haha.

Posted: Aug 9, 2013 at 7:56 Quote
Knee pads do nothing to protect you from cartilage or ligament tears, and i'm speaking from first hand experience

Posted: Aug 9, 2013 at 16:12 Quote
I try to wear knee pads as often as I can. Last summer I smashed both of them pretty bad and could hardly walk for 2 weeks due to the swelling. I always wear a helmet though, but pads get gross and stickey when it's hot. I have elbow pads, but almost never use them, mostly when I skateboard as I'm not too good at that yet.

Posted: Aug 9, 2013 at 16:33 Quote
Only thing I wear when I go riding now is shinnies, elbow pads and the occasional knee/wrist brace because my knee/wrist is fooked.

Posted: Aug 11, 2013 at 12:49 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
Was a few years ago, I can't remember exactly.

What kinda knee pads?

Posted: Aug 11, 2013 at 18:51 Quote
OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:
Bmxerch wrote:
Was a few years ago, I can't remember exactly.

What kinda knee pads?

You are an idiot.

What part of " I can't remember exactly " do you not understand ? I was probably 14, so 5 years ago, and to top off my short term memory, I've had 3 concussions since then.

No knee pad would have ever prevented what happened to me. Bone fragments, thankfully not in my joint, missing cartilage, the works. Happened because I was riding clipped in during a race and some douche decided he wanted to ride across to cut another rider off while my front wheel was up high. Nothing I could do, and it hit the right way.

Posted: Aug 13, 2013 at 14:03 Quote
Rode for years with out any pads at all, just shorts and t shirt but since i brought some fuse shin pads and some 661 vegie knee and shin pads of a mate for a tenner i wear them most times im out.

Makes sense to try and prevent your self getting cut up to much, especially when you have other water based hobbies and a physical job the last thing you want it to be in pieces after a bad crash r session Smile

Posted: Aug 13, 2013 at 18:36 Quote
i am more likely to wear shin pads than a helmet. i hurt my shins way more than my head, especially riding street and plaza style parks.

for trails i always wear pads and a helmet.

Posted: Aug 14, 2013 at 10:56 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
i am more likely to wear shin pads than a helmet. i hurt my shins way more than my head, especially riding street and plaza style parks.

for trails i always wear pads and a helmet.

Knock on wood buddy, you may regret saying that! Haha.

First time I said "I've never got a shinner before", 3 runs later I was on my way to the hospital for stitches. Lol

Posted: Aug 14, 2013 at 11:05 Quote
It's true that its less likely you will hit your head, but it only takes one to end up retarded.

Posted: Aug 14, 2013 at 19:33 Quote
Truth @iridedj the only reason i don't wear a helmet is because its so Damn expensive and the ones i find are for one hit only. Not worth 60$ and i like flat tricks Thats all i really do and some grinds so i very rarely come close to hiting my head

Posted: Aug 14, 2013 at 20:56 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
Truth @iridedj the only reason i don't wear a helmet is because its so Damn expensive and the ones i find are for one hit only. Not worth 60$ and i like flat tricks Thats all i really do and some grinds so i very rarely come close to hiting my head

I've got a wicked dual density, multi hit helmet. It's not branded, but it was about 55 bucks after taxes. I think it was the shops "house" brand so they removed decals and shtuff.

But for most people when they ask why I wear a helmet (or neck brace at the race track) I simply say, "what's your ability to think for yourself and function proper worth?"

One bad slip up is all it takes to land you brain damage, don't take it for granted.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007761
Mobile Version of Website