ColoRADo DH riders

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
ColoRADo DH riders
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 14:13 Quote
chacou wrote:
Keystone Bike Park definitely not opening this year. Ran into a friend this weekend who is marketing director for Breck and Keystone and she confirmed it's not happening.
so no keystone or breck bike parking?

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 14:15 Quote
mitchman117 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
Most of September was more busy than this last weekend. Almost never had to wait more than a minute or two
confused on your post? it is not september yet.

The weekends last September where busier than this last weekend.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 14:28 Quote
I rode trestle yesterday. no wait for the gondola any laps but Olympia was kinda busy around lunchtime but like nomad said, nothing worse than late season last year.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 15:04 Quote
Hi all. I’ll be in winter park July 10-15. Is there very much in the town area that is open? I’m asking because the wife is going to and I’ll be trying to ride as much as possible so she’s gonna need something to do

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 15:30 Quote
Dougdirt wrote:
Hi all. I’ll be in winter park July 10-15. Is there very much in the town area that is open? I’m asking because the wife is going to and I’ll be trying to ride as much as possible so she’s gonna need something to do

Yes the village had quite a bit open. The town of winter park seemed to be fully open with social distancing in place also.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 15:37 Quote
Beecee336 wrote:
Dougdirt wrote:

Yes the village had quite a bit open. The town of winter park seemed to be fully open with social distancing in place also.
Thank you
Crazy times and I just wanna ride my damn bike

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 15:43 Quote
speaking of which, anyone in the highlands ranch area will know about the massive fire today, went through the backcountry which is a super popular riding area. I never ride there, as it is all xc trails, but still, massive impact around here

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 15:52 Quote
jamesashton wrote:
speaking of which, anyone in the highlands ranch area will know about the massive fire today, went through the backcountry which is a super popular riding area. I never ride there, as it is all xc trails, but still, massive impact around here

Well, it's close to the 4th and people are gonna exercise their freedom to be an idiot living in high fire danger areas by setting off fireworks...I know presuming too much. But, have a bunch of co-workers that were just evacuated due to the Knolls Fire in Utah, which sounds like it was started by illegal fireworks, and living in Evergreen is constant vigilance against fire, we're considered by insurance companies to be the next Paradise, CA, just a matter of when Confused

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 15:55 Quote
mitchman117 wrote:
chacou wrote:
Keystone Bike Park definitely not opening this year. Ran into a friend this weekend who is marketing director for Breck and Keystone and she confirmed it's not happening.
so no keystone or breck bike parking?

Correct. No bike parks/bike uplift at those places according to my "inside source" Wink

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 16:01 Quote
turbospartan wrote:
chacou wrote:
Heading to CB tomorrow for some camping with the wife & kids. We've got a spot reserved at Oh Be Joyful and have a roof top tent, so packing up camp to drive to a trailhead like Dr. Park or 401 is off the table for this trip.

I'm looking at Green Lake Trail, but curious if there's any beta on approaching it via Wildcat Creek Trail. There's not much on https://www.trailforks.com/trails/wildcat-creek/ for it but it appears to be a steep, technical climb, but shorter than other routes (I'm fine with some steep tech and/or hike-a-bike). Any beta is greatly appreciated. Likely also ride something like Snodgrass, but stuff that I can pedal to/from the campsite.

What did you end up riding? I'm heading there this week

We had a camp spot at OBJ and no shuttle vehicle, our setup is a rooftop tent so the Excursion stayed parked once we got camp all set up, so I just rode a couple Lupine > Lando laps, super fun decent, quick and easy climb. 1 hour ride from camp, did it a few times between playing in the Slate River with my kids and trying to fly fish. I wanted to ride Dr. Park and/or 401 but, no shuttle vehicle.

However our Excursion's alternator died yesterday about 5 miles outside CB so we were sitting dead in the water on the side of 135 for a little while, got it towed to Gunny. Luckily we (wife & 2 kids + me) got a ride from Judy (older lady, CB local since ~89, formerly ran the Nordic Inn) to Gunny to get a rental car right before Hertz closed and made it home before dark. So I'm driving back tomorrow morning to pick up the truck, figure since I'm taking a day off work I might as well get a ride in. So I'll probably try to get Dr. Park before heading back to the front range.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006227
Mobile Version of Website