ColoRADo DH riders

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
ColoRADo DH riders
O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 8:06 Quote
Keystone isn't opening a handful of their best/most technically challenging trails this year. They've also closed the Hunki Dori lot so you can't park up by the gondola/lift any longer. Not a deal breaker for riding, but annoying it's for more luxury condo development.

I've heard mixed things about Granby. Technically challenging and fun, but also flat, dusty, and rocky. Never been.

I've only ever heard great things about Snowmass. Keep an eye on the weather forecast though, if there's rain in the forecast you might get stuck when they close I70 through Glenwood Canyon due to landslides in the burn scar.

There's also Vail, Trestle, CB, Powderhorn, and Steamboat.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 11:02 Quote
chacou wrote:
Keystone isn't opening a handful of their best/most technically challenging trails this year. They've also closed the Hunki Dori lot so you can't park up by the gondola/lift any longer. Not a deal breaker for riding, but annoying it's for more luxury condo development.

I've heard mixed things about Granby. Technically challenging and fun, but also flat, dusty, and rocky. Never been.

I've only ever heard great things about Snowmass. Keep an eye on the weather forecast though, if there's rain in the forecast you might get stuck when they close I70 through Glenwood Canyon due to landslides in the burn scar.

Thanks! also,thanks for the I-70 update.would be cool to get stuck at a bike park for a few days.LOL.

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:
chacou wrote:

Thanks! also,thanks for the I-70 update.would be cool to get stuck at a bike park for a few days.LOL.

...you may want to reconsider, I-70 through Glenwood is closed indefinitely, https://coloradosun.com/2021/08/01/glenwood-canyon-damage-i-70/.
Might as well just go ride Steamboat since that's the detour (although you might be able to go over Indy Pass still, I haven't seen what the status on that is lately)

Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 18:14 Quote
Hey guys! Just wondering what everyone is riding since last update.is Trestle doing good with rain and dry? is I-70 still closed toward snowmass. How is steamboat,powderhorn,crested butte,durango,etc...riding/driving/etc..

Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 18:41 Quote
The dry days at Trestle continue to be loose and mid-season worn in places. Been having good luck on the 50% chance of rain mid week days to sneek up for nice and tacky shreds.

Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 19:10 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:
Hey guys! Just wondering what everyone is riding since last update.is Trestle doing good with rain and dry? is I-70 still closed toward snowmass. How is steamboat,powderhorn,crested butte,durango,etc...riding/driving/etc..

rode keystone on Friday traffic was less than normal but I 70 is open again now so probably the same as usual. trails were pretty decent. they got a lot of rain the day before tho.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 8:26 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:

https://cotrip.org/home.htm

Haven't been to a park since Vail early July, it was nice. Keystone was good to, but that was right after opening. Probably head up to Keystone or Vail here soon, now that kids are back in school. Local stunts have been running too good.

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 16:32 Quote
chacou wrote:
wrenchman117 wrote:

Haven't been to a park since Vail early July, it was nice. Keystone was good to, but that was right after opening. Probably head up to Keystone or Vail here soon, now that kids are back in school. Local stunts have been running too good.
what type of riding are you doing at vail? are there some good downhill runs? flowy jumps?/man made structures? i wanna hit that place or steamboat.

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 17:16 Quote
been on winter park webpage.,cannot find anything. anyone know if trestle has discount lift tix at the moment?

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 17:59 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:
been on winter park webpage.,cannot find anything. anyone know if trestle has discount lift tix at the moment?

Highly unlikely since IKON took over the ticketing.

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 21:14 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:
nope, those days are gone I fear.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 7:22 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:
chacou wrote:
wrenchman117 wrote:

what type of riding are you doing at vail? are there some good downhill runs? flowy jumps?/man made structures? i wanna hit that place or steamboat.

Vail's fun, a bit of it all, I'd say generally more flow than chunk. https://www.vail.com/explore-the-resort/activities-and-events/summer-activities/mountain-biking.aspx

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 17:34 Quote
Hey guys! quick question as you guys seem pretty helpful on here. i am riding trestle here soon with a buddy who has never ridden park. he is 6'3. what bikes are you taller riders riding? dual crown> single crown? 27.5? 29er'? he is looking to get a rental from trestle shop.any insite would be awesome. just do not want him to have get the wrong bike and not have fun

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 18:23 Quote
If you're renting from Trestle your only options are the Trek Session or Remedy (might be a Slash). Dude should be on at least a XL. I'd just get him a Session if it's his first time. More squish = more fun usually for most new riders.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011597
Mobile Version of Website