ColoRADo DH riders

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
ColoRADo DH riders
Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 11:53 Quote
KK11 wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:
CSdirt wrote:

Copper's website blog talks about it. Sounds like a 4 year project and 21 miles of trails. I guess we'll have to see how it plays out over the years.

Here's the link to that article. I am not holding my breath.

https://www.coppercolorado.com/culture/blog/all-blogs/ride-the-mountain-mountain-biking-at-copper?start=4

Thanks for the link. We shall see about that.

Saw Steamboat yet again will not be opening their crappy “park” this summer. Hope that Keystone puts some work into the park this year. Last year was ok, but nothing like the Drop Zone days used to be.

Trestle will probably just keep doing what Trestle does every season. Might go check Evolution or make the trip to Angel F.

Thoughts on Snowmass? From what I've seen it looks like a decent park but doesn't look like anything you'd need a DH bike for.

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 18:20 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
KK11 wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:

https://www.coppercolorado.com/culture/blog/all-blogs/ride-the-mountain-mountain-biking-at-copper?start=4

Saw Steamboat yet again will not be opening their crappy “park” this summer. Hope that Keystone puts some work into the park this year. Last year was ok, but nothing like the Drop Zone days used to be.

Trestle will probably just keep doing what Trestle does every season. Might go check Evolution or make the trip to Angel F.

Thoughts on Snowmass? From what I've seen it looks like a decent park but doesn't look like anything you'd need a DH bike for.

Snowmass is tame.

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 23:49 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
KK11 wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:

no DH bike needed but still a very fun park that's not crowded like trestle. They're added a few new trails over the last couple years too. lots of fun terrain to ride there

Posted: Apr 13, 2022 at 7:30 Quote
Keystone is not going to “put more work in” at any point on the near future. Their patrollers are doing the trail maintenance and they are all woefully underpaid and under supplied.
They build a Trail and then walk away from it while we rode it into dust and rocks…… like the rest of the trails……
Keystone will unfortunately for dads and kids stay rugged af and fortunately for die hard rock riding dh shred locals with funny money and extra wheel sets in their home-/apt-/ sprinter vans -/ beat ass old trucks:::: keep riding into the ground and keep shutting the lifts down when it rains in vail……..

Sorry.

Posted: Apr 13, 2022 at 16:15 Quote
maximumradness wrote:
Keystone is not going to “put more work in” at any point on the near future. Their patrollers are doing the trail maintenance and they are all woefully underpaid and under supplied.
They build a Trail and then walk away from it while we rode it into dust and rocks…… like the rest of the trails……
Keystone will unfortunately for dads and kids stay rugged af and fortunately for die hard rock riding dh shred locals with funny money and extra wheel sets in their home-/apt-/ sprinter vans -/ beat ass old trucks:::: keep riding into the ground and keep shutting the lifts down when it rains in vail……..

Sorry.

Your crystal ball tells you all of this? Amazing. Lol

Posted: Apr 23, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
I just been around vail resorts too long to think different.
I’d be so hyped to see that king term trend completely shift to present as new trails and wider access and bigger investment.
Two stints working for them, I learned my lesson. Watch them destroy small towns and ruin the quality of riding so many times now….
That said: if lifts are turning, I’m Always looking for laps…..
I just stopped being optimistic when it comes to VR and trialbuilding….

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 12:43 Quote
Might be a long shot but does anyone have a bike rack I could borrow at the end of June? June 21-29. Looking for something that holds 5 bikes so a North Shore style Rack is preferred. Have some friends coming in for a long weekend at Trestle and I've only got a 2 bike rack.

I am in Lakewood but can meet somewhere.

Thanks

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 11:51 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
CSdirt wrote:
KK11 wrote:
Where’d you hear that from?

Copper's website blog talks about it. Sounds like a 4 year project and 21 miles of trails. I guess we'll have to see how it plays out over the years.

You might actually want to hold your breath.

Gravity Logic is doing Copper's trails. That is the Whistler Gravity Logic crew.Smile

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 12:58 Quote
SummitAP wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:
CSdirt wrote:

Gravity Logic is doing Copper's trails. That is the Whistler Gravity Logic crew.Smile

Where'd you hear that? Any sort of ETA?

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 22:24 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
SummitAP wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:

From Copper Patrol. Eventually they want to have 2 lifts running for bikepark.

They are a bit delayed on starting their build due to lingering snow. Don't have an ETA.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 7:17 Quote
SummitAP wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:
SummitAP wrote:

They are a bit delayed on starting their build due to lingering snow. Don't have an ETA.

Gravity Logic lists Cooper as a client too, they did the design/plan that the USFS approved. I think they’re supposed to open some trails by June 24 (Friday) based off coppers website, but I don’t think those are the new trails

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 13:15 Quote
SummitAP wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:
SummitAP wrote:

That rumor has been around since before covid, but hopefully they will actually build something this season.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 18:17 Quote
Anyone riding a 2020 trek session 8 in Colorado at bike parks? I am trying to outfit my buddy with one. Just wondering if it is a good pick for the parks here in Colorado. extra-large, aluminum 27.5 session. he is 6'2".
Thanks!

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 19:59 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:
Anyone riding a 2020 trek session 8 in Colorado at bike parks? I am trying to outfit my buddy with one. Just wondering if it is a good pick for the parks here in Colorado. extra-large, aluminum 27.5 session. he is 6'2".
Thanks!

Pretty sure Winter Park/Trestles fleet went to Trek around that time, Sessions galore. He should be fine

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008308
Mobile Version of Website