ColoRADo DH riders

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
ColoRADo DH riders
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 6:58 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:
Anyone riding a 2020 trek session 8 in Colorado at bike parks? I am trying to outfit my buddy with one. Just wondering if it is a good pick for the parks here in Colorado. extra-large, aluminum 27.5 session. he is 6'2".
Thanks!

As the guy before me said, Trestle does in fact rent Trek Sessions. He should rent one for the day to see what he thinks.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 8:03 Quote
rallyimprezive wrote:
wrenchman117 wrote:
Anyone riding a 2020 trek session 8 in Colorado at bike parks? I am trying to outfit my buddy with one. Just wondering if it is a good pick for the parks here in Colorado. extra-large, aluminum 27.5 session. he is 6'2".
Thanks!

As the guy before me said, Trestle does in fact rent Trek Sessions. He should rent one for the day to see what he thinks.

I'm fairly certain everything that Trestle rents is 29" except for the Remedy if I'm not mistaken. Can always email them. They're pretty helpful.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 8:38 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
rallyimprezive wrote:
wrenchman117 wrote:
Thanks!

I'm fairly certain everything that Trestle rents is 29" except for the Remedy if I'm not mistaken. Can always email them. They're pretty helpful.

Yea I think you are right, I forgot about that. They do have their older rentals for sale though!
If rough and beat up bikes are your thing..

Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 6:36 Quote
Looking to try somewhere new this weekend. Curious thoughts on Keystone vs Snowmass. Will ride anything either tech or flow/jump. At Trestle I mostly ride Trestle DH, Cruel, Rainmaker, Bear Arms, Field Trip... Thanks

Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 20:47 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
Looking to try somewhere new this weekend. Curious thoughts on Keystone vs Snowmass. Will ride anything either tech or flow/jump. At Trestle I mostly ride Trestle DH, Cruel, Rainmaker, Bear Arms, Field Trip... Thanks

I'm riding vail on Saturday. it's a fun mountain. much different than trestle.
if the choices are just between keystone or snowmass, snowmass hands down!

Posted: Sep 16, 2022 at 18:26 Quote
Any riders familiar with Angel Fire? The resort is asking a pretty penny with lodging. Where to camp within the area? Tenting,KOA? etc...?

Posted: Sep 18, 2022 at 22:53 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:
Any riders familiar with Angel Fire? The resort is asking a pretty penny with lodging. Where to camp within the area? Tenting,KOA? etc...?

There's camping right at the mountain. That's where I normally stay. Nothing fancy just a dirt parking lot. I believe it is $15 per night per vehicle. They do have port-a-cans and sometimes a dumpster. There is someone that comes by and makes sure you paid.

Closest free camping that I have found is up Green Mountain Road which is just east of Eagle Nest off of Hwy 64. The start of the road is roughly 25 minutes from the park and there aren't a ton of spots.

Maybe check airbnb for one of the condos right near the mountain?

Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 8:39 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:

my friend has a condo right by the lifts you can possibly rent.

other than that, the basic camping is always fine. Fire ban in place means no stove cooking. I usually just walk over to the resort for breakfast and the mexican place for dinner.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006978
Mobile Version of Website