Looking to build a dh bike but don't know what frame to get.

PB Forum :: Downhill
Looking to build a dh bike but don't know what frame to get.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 5, 2013 at 17:36 Quote
hi there,

i'm selling one of my bikes in order to fund building a DH bike but not sure what frame to get?
my budget is £900 - £950 MAX but that's to either buy a full bike and/or a frame, fork and wheelset.
i know i can get a lot of bike for that kind of dough.

the frames i have been looking at are: the ancilotti tamasso dhp, Corsair maelstrom, Giant Glory, Specialized Demo 8, Turner DHR, sunn radical and the corsair marque still looking at others ironhorse sunday being another one in the mix.

i think the demo 8 probably outshines the rest of the frames i have mentioned but i'm undecided on what to get.
i did see a demo 8 full bike which is in my price range but i didn't like the forks on it i'd prefer the latest coil 888
or any year coil fox 40

thanks in advance for your responses

kind regards,

Rob

Posted: Jun 5, 2013 at 19:17 Quote
kayakosaeki66 wrote:
sorry to sh!t on your parade but 1400/1450 wont get you a bike. it will get you a frame and shock if your lucky

do yourself a favor and get a real budget

Posted: Jun 6, 2013 at 1:50 Quote
^^ That was a little harsh... But he has a point.

$1500 will only get you a decent shape, 2010+ frame and shock combo.

Trying to get a fork let a lone a wheelset thrown in with that would be nearly impossible. Someone is selling a MKII frame and WC boxxer for something like $1700 which is a fantastic deal in my eyes. I'm going to suggest lowering your standards.. Best of luck to you and your search though!

Posted: Jun 6, 2013 at 1:56 Quote
I'd go with turner personally, great bikes

Posted: Jun 6, 2013 at 8:32 Quote
NittyGritty wrote:
yeah, but do you know how many of these threads i see where people have less than 2k to spend on a bike? its starting to get old.

Posted: Jun 6, 2013 at 8:43 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
NittyGritty wrote:
yeah, but do you know how many of these threads i see where people have less than 2k to spend on a bike? its starting to get old.

You do realise he's talking pounds and not dollars don't u??

Posted: Jun 6, 2013 at 8:45 Quote
go read post number two. i already converted it into US dollars myself.

1400-1500 is NOT enough to get a 'decent' or a 'new' dh bike

edit:
looking at the frames he's after: 1400-1500 would get him a used demo (not a carbon one), glory, or a sunday. possibly with a shock if hes lucky, but that is no where near enough for a whole bike. he's about 1000 (usd) off

im not sure about the other frames as i have never herd of them, but you get the point.

Posted: Jun 6, 2013 at 8:47 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
go read post number two. i already converted it into US dollars myself.

1400-1500 is NOT enough to get a 'decent' or a 'new' dh bike

Then go read his post coz he's not wanting a complete bike for that money its a frame and fork set he's looking for you unhelpfull little man

Posted: Jun 6, 2013 at 8:49 Quote
aj1987 wrote:
Then go read his post coz he's not wanting a complete bike for that money its a frame and fork set he's looking for you unhelpfull little man
did you even read the first post dude?

since it seems like you didnt even bother i made it easy for you (copied directly from the 1st post):

my budget is £900 - £950 MAX but that's to either buy a full bike and/or a frame, fork and wheelset.

Posted: Jun 6, 2013 at 8:52 Quote
Yeh...frame fork and wheel set... Do they not teach u how to read over that side of the pond. He could easily pick up a glory frame+fork for that money... I did. All your doing is being a pratt

Posted: Jun 6, 2013 at 8:54 Quote
i give up. like talking to a wall.

Posted: Jun 6, 2013 at 9:15 Quote
Good. If u haven't got anything constructive to say then best to say nothing.

Back on topic.

I picked up a 09 glory frame (bought new in 2010), pair of 2012 boxer rc's and a brand new wheel set (taken new off a specialized demo) all within your budget

Posted: Jun 6, 2013 at 10:05 Quote
I'd go for the Demo even if it doesn't have the fork you would ideally want. For a complete bike like that in that price range, that's pretty good as long as it's in decent shape.

Posted: Jun 6, 2013 at 22:08 Quote
@aj1987, you clearly did not read his entire post. He says that he has 900-950 pounds to spend on either a COMPLETE BIKE, or a frame with a fork and wheelset. He then follows this up with saying he can "Get a lot of bike with this kind of dough"

We stated that he will NOT get a decent bike with that little bit of money, nor will he find a decent frame/fork/wheelset combo...

You obviously suffer from the inability to read and comprehend because your arguments are retarded.

And yes, we know that he is talking in pounds, hence the reason that we converted it into USD which comes out to just short of $1500.

You are clearly a f*cking idiot. Please learn to read before you go criticizing someone else.

@jumpman2334, just ignore this guy. He is obviously a moron.

As to my reply to you concerning the harshness. I realize that we see these these posts daily, and unfortunately it is slightly due to peoples ignorance. But the guy is just looking for advice, that's how forums are. Everyone's situation is separate from the rest and no search will answer their question 100%. Realistically, you told it as it was and was spot on with your answer, maybe just.... a little too harsh haha

Posted: Jun 6, 2013 at 23:58 Quote
No no no. The guy came here looking for advice and was met with hostility. The clue is in the title to the thread..looking to build a dh bike but don't know what FRAME to get. I can read thanks yank. So instead of offering proper advice and being told to getting a good frame, fork the guy acted like a Pratt.

So let's get back on topic eh yanks..

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008064
Mobile Version of Website