ORLEANS CYCLES in Ottawa is a scammer

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
ORLEANS CYCLES in Ottawa is a scammer
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 7, 2013 at 8:04 Quote
Hi guys , I would like to report this store to let everyone know about this store so you can be warned a head of time unlike me , hopefully this is the correct place on the forum for this

I spent over 14 hours on the road to pick up my bike from this store and got scammed out if that's what you want to call it ,

a Worker posted a bike for sale online I spent 2 hours talking to them on the phone setting up payment and details everything was good to go said bikes mine come pick it up today, I have all the messages saved and phone call conversations saved , and pictures of the store the bike and the computer system showing the price and recordings of the deal

bike was a 2013 Giant glory I drove 14 hours to pick this bike up ,I brought cash I arrive to load my bike up spend over an hour trying to pay the price we agreed on and he said the price we agreed on cannot happen.... you need to pay retail that took another hour , so I pay retail like they asked , Owner was saying all this to his daughter that was working there all in private and giving me cold feet like I did something wrong

after that he said he cannot sell the bike to me for retail because they got the bike at a discounted price from Giant and they will lose Giant if they sell it to me for retail , after telling me all this they said sorry but I cant sell you the bike no more and sent me home , then calls me the next day saying come pick the bike up stupid me says ok then does this all over again ....and here I am Friday dealing with this still

I've contact Giant Canada from my local store and trying to take actions upon this just be aware guys

Posted: Jul 2, 2013 at 21:35 Quote
I used to live in Orleans and that place is one to avoid for sure.They even tried to sell a 35lb entry level pos freestyle bike as a pro level bmx race bike to a new racers parents at my old club last year.

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 19:05 Quote
this post makes absolutely no sense. why would you save phone call conversations? so, you got your money back, you poor thing..

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 9:33 Quote
Orleans cycles is the ABSOLUTE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.They quoted me a price on the phone to bring my bike in to have it installed,they said it was a standard price of $60,I thought it was a little high since they only needed to install the pedals,front tire & handlebars,so i brought it to the store & the guy looks at it & says again it will be $60 so i left the bike there overnight.Tthey called me the next day & told me it would $120 !!!!! Of course I replied R U NUTS ? Not only is it robbery to charge someone $120 for 10 min. work but especially since they had told me TWICE that the price would be $60 & made them bring the bike all the way to your store.

ABSOLUTE DISHONEST CROOKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
Good information thanks for the insightful review and nice to see followed up with other people's similar but different experiences with this company in Orleans Ottawa Ontario.

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
Orleans Cycle as bad as is being posted.

Brought in my adult tricycle bike in to have only brakes and gears installed. When I picked up bike? They informed that they had it up on a stand and calibrated both brakes and gears. And test drove that all was good. I took it for a test and gears didn't engage? And rear brakes didn't work. Informed them and agreed to pick up next day. And when i did next day? And again same issues?
They blamed Amazon and manufacturer for poor quality product.I had a heated discussion with Manager and request refund and/o credit. No..not their problem
Contacted Amazon and they put me in contact with manufacturer. Who sent me an detailed how to assemble and calibrate gears and brakes. They also informed me that if issue was not fixable? A full refund or new bike would be shipped. Great customer service from both Amazon and manufacturer. Totally impressed. Orleans Cycle shoould take lessons.

Instructions great. My Intellectual Challenge daughter is now riding with family and friends,
Hopefully anyone who are considering Orleans Cycle are able to read these post prior to doing so.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009330
Mobile Version of Website