Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Mar 11, 2016 at 7:13 Quote
Production dates of the Strive AL are staggering, some have fallen back to June!

Has anyone received a Strive AL 2016 recently?

Posted: Mar 11, 2016 at 9:43 Quote
i ordered at the end of January and had my strive 4 feb , was kinda quick , i got an al 7

Posted: Mar 11, 2016 at 10:31 Quote
Fitted my SS16, I am by no means a mechanic but it really wasn't too difficult. I do think my bearings need a clean tho, so much mud an dirt in around the old unit. I haven't road tested it yet but we'll see tomorrow.

Posted: Mar 11, 2016 at 13:15 Quote
I want to fit a ISCG05 Bashguard to the canyon strive CF 2015
I read that I need this:
- 1 x A1012197 (Hammerschmidt adaptor)
- 3 x A1012196 (Screws for it)

Is this right?
I told Canyon about it, and they send me this invoice with different numbers.

What do you guys think.
I've read some of you ordered this plate, is it right?
Did you got the same invoice?

Posted: Mar 11, 2016 at 13:33 Quote
Hyws wrote:
Production dates of the Strive AL are staggering, some have fallen back to June!

Has anyone received a Strive AL 2016 recently?

Hi, I received Strive Al 6.0 green 1.3.16, pictures are on the page 196

Posted: Mar 11, 2016 at 19:14 Quote
you know the reverb can always not fully extended right? Smile if its still too high the solution is to stop it at the right height.

Kickmehard wrote:
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the Reverb on the size small strive (standard not race) is able to insert all the way into the Seatpost? A pedal to saddle rail measurement would be really helpful, my wife is a bit of a midget and minimum saddle height with dropper extended is always a problem.

Cheers for any information

Posted: Mar 11, 2016 at 20:43 Quote
Ordered an in-stock Strive CF8 race on the 8th March and it was delivered in Germany 2 days later.

Posted: Mar 12, 2016 at 10:17 Quote
Danpyo wrote:
you know the reverb can always not fully extended right? Smile if its still too high the solution is to stop it at the right height.

Kickmehard wrote:
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the Reverb on the size small strive (standard not race) is able to insert all the way into the Seatpost? A pedal to saddle rail measurement would be really helpful, my wife is a bit of a midget and minimum saddle height with dropper extended is always a problem.

Yeah but then its awkward trying to stop it at the right height for you instead of just pushing the button and letting it go all the way to the top.

Another suggestion if it doesn't is putting a smaller drop reverb in or swapping it out for a 380mm overall length if they put a 420mm in.

Posted: Mar 12, 2016 at 12:37 Quote
jakebeach1996 wrote:
Danpyo wrote:

Kickmehard wrote:

Yeah but then its awkward trying to stop it at the right height for you instead of just pushing the button and letting it go all the way to the top.

Another suggestion if it doesn't is putting a smaller drop reverb in or swapping it out for a 380mm overall length if they put a 420mm in.

Cheers, yeah I think the small is already fitted with a 380. From pictures I've seen I think it should be OK, worst case she has a 100mm travel 355mm length Reverb on her old bike that will fit, not stealth though so not as tidy a set up.

Another question, do the bikes come set up with the brakes right front, left back or the other way round?

Posted: Mar 12, 2016 at 23:37 Quote
Kickmehard wrote:
jakebeach1996 wrote:
Danpyo wrote:

Cheers, yeah I think the small is already fitted with a 380. From pictures I've seen I think it should be OK, worst case she has a 100mm travel 355mm length Reverb on her old bike that will fit, not stealth though so not as tidy a set up.

Another question, do the bikes come set up with the brakes right front, left back or the other way round?

It will come with the brake set up as per the country you reside in if the bike is delivered to you. Something about legality & safety!!? I had this problem as I picked my Strive up from the factory as the saving by paying in € was about £700 which more than covered the flights/hotel!! Try as I might with the Uk office they said they said that they weren't legally allowed to do UK brake set up with delivery/collection in mainland Europe! Only when I got to Koblenz and explained that it wouldn't be safe for me to ride with the European set up that they saw sense and swapped it over!!

Posted: Mar 13, 2016 at 1:27 Quote
Thanks, nice to know I won't have to faff with swapping break lines over. I can testify to the health and safety concerns, using a hire bike in the US I entered a high speed turn a little fast, went to scrub some speed with what I instinctive though was the rear brake, ended up over bars making a me shaped hole in dirt.

MerlynGrigg wrote:
Kickmehard wrote:
jakebeach1996 wrote:

It will come with the brake set up as per the country you reside in if the bike is delivered to you. Something about legality & safety!!? I had this problem as I picked my Strive up from the factory as the saving by paying in € was about £700 which more than covered the flights/hotel!! Try as I might with the Uk office they said they said that they weren't legally allowed to do UK brake set up with delivery/collection in mainland Europe! Only when I got to Koblenz and explained that it wouldn't be safe for me to ride with the European set up that they saw sense and swapped it over!!

Posted: Mar 13, 2016 at 6:28 Quote
What would I do if I was taking my strive abroad? Would I depressurise the shapeshifter? And the dropper, and suspension? I'm taking it abroad using a plane.

Thanks,

Jamie

Posted: Mar 13, 2016 at 7:53 Quote
jamielam wrote:
What would I do if I was taking my strive abroad? Would I depressurise the shapeshifter? And the dropper, and suspension? I'm taking it abroad using a plane.

Thanks,

Jamie

I depressurized the front suspension and tyres when I took my strive on a plane flying to NZ, no need for SS and dropper I think.

Posted: Mar 13, 2016 at 11:27 Quote
Deciding to go with team colours or electric blue on the strive, those with he blue how do you find the paint work, does it show marks much ?

Thanks

Posted: Mar 13, 2016 at 11:43 Quote
Rgas wrote:
Deciding to go with team colours or electric blue on the strive, those with he blue how do you find the paint work, does it show marks much ?

Thanks

Maybe not much help, but mine (team colours) has invisiframe fitted that i reckon has preserved mine from scratches and chips so you could do that if you're worried about the blue marking? I reckon the blue also looks a lot better in real life compared to the pictures on the canyon website.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015238
Mobile Version of Website