Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: May 28, 2017 at 20:06 Quote
Josilog wrote:
Hi guys, went for a ride today and did a thorough bike cleaning afterwards and found out an very ugly cable rub on the underside of the bottom bracket. I had my bike for about two months now with around 180kms on it. should i be concerned that this cable rub would lead to some major frame failure in the long ng run? By estimate, I think the depth of the crevice us about 1.5mm

photo

Unfortunately I forgot to check this area of the frame when I applied the invisiframe shield when the bike arrived.
For now I placed two layers of invisiframe patch on spot where the damage is.

Yeah, that's a known issue. As the rear suspension compresses, it causes the cable to run under the BB. Luckily I noticed mine after the first ride and put some rubberised tape there (Marsh Slapper Tape). Don't think it would cause anything structural though if left too long.

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 2:00 Quote
Anyone know the seat clamp width for the strive?

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 2:32 Quote
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know the hub spacing on the strive? Boost or non boost?

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 3:13 Quote
Josilog wrote:
Hi guys, went for a ride today and did a thorough bike cleaning afterwards and found out an very ugly cable rub on the underside of the bottom bracket. I had my bike for about two months now with around 180kms on it. should i be concerned that this cable rub would lead to some major frame failure in the long ng run? By estimate, I think the depth of the crevice us about 1.5mm

photo

Unfortunately I forgot to check this area of the frame when I applied the invisiframe shield when the bike arrived.

My cable sits away from the frame in a U-shape, mabey pull it out a bit. Good pick up, i'll slap some tape there, is it carbon or alloy?

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 3:38 Quote
Kickmehard wrote:
nicoSB wrote:
Nickwalker99 wrote:
So after 3 months out with broken wrists I went for my first proper spin on the Strive. However, half way round my Guide RS brakes developed a problem. The callipers weren't returning properly and it was causing major disc rub. Having researched this a little it seems this is a known problem linked to warm weather and a piston in the brake leaver. Has anyone else had this issue? I've contacted Canyon to see what they say.

I am thinking of changing to Shimano and was interested in peoples thoughts? I think it would be Saints...

half of people with guides have had this issue...send it back or you can also buy the upgrade kit for about 30$ if you want to do it yourself or if the guarantee has expired

Out of interest, what is the upgrade kit called?

I'm also interested in knowing that upgrade kit

O+
Posted: May 29, 2017 at 4:14 Quote
Tyto84 wrote:
Kickmehard wrote:
nicoSB wrote:

half of people with guides have had this issue...send it back or you can also buy the upgrade kit for about 30$ if you want to do it yourself or if the guarantee has expired

Got rid of guides due to lack of power and switched to saints. I was spoilt by zees on my yeti, and honestly don't think the saints are quite as powerful.
If you want raw power and fit and forget get zees. If you want a bit of top end bling get saints. All the tests show they kick out 25% more power than anything out there including the hopes. The saints are a pain to completely bleed too.

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 6:55 Quote
BT180 wrote:
Josilog wrote:

photo

Yeah, that's a known issue. As the rear suspension compresses, it causes the cable to run under the BB. Luckily I noticed mine after the first ride and put some rubberised tape there (Marsh Slapper Tape). Don't think it would cause anything structural though if left too long.

yes.. same here, quickly put few layer invisiframe patch on that spot.

Kezzerr wrote:
Anyone know the seat clamp width for the strive?
its 34.9 sir..

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 7:15 Quote
yetimaster
mt5s and 7s have more power based on multiple tests...

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 10:55 Quote
A few upgrades on my bike, swapped the guide for the old but gold avid code and a magura electronic dropper (that is awful for racing) while my new reverb is coming

photo
photo

The code were originally for my downhill bike but I love them for my spetral...so....

The new TRP brakes look so badass, I'm thinking about those for my sender

Some upgrades are also coming but after racing season, but mostly wearing parts like cassette, jokey wheels, chain ring
and maybe some new colors for the rim stikers!

And Also I'm gonna spend 2 weeks in whistler, so i'm gonna bombproof the bike with downhill stuff and will post another picture!

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 10:58 Quote
[Quote="yeti-monster"]
Tyto84 wrote:
Kickmehard wrote:

Here the kit, I bought it for my guides, works just fine

http://www.jensonusa.com/SRAM-Guide-RS-Lever-Internals-Parts-Kit

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 11:36 Quote
nicoSB wrote:
A few upgrades on my bike, swapped the guide for the old but gold avid code and a magura electronic dropper (that is awful for racing) while my new reverb is coming

photo
photo

The code were originally for my downhill bike but I love them for my spetral...so....

The new TRP brakes look so badass, I'm thinking about those for my sender

Some upgrades are also coming but after racing season, but mostly wearing parts like cassette, jokey wheels, chain ring
and maybe some new colors for the rim stikers!

And Also I'm gonna spend 2 weeks in whistler, so i'm gonna bombproof the bike with downhill stuff and will post another picture!

Absolute stunning rig Sir, only needs some tanwalls Smile

O+
Posted: May 29, 2017 at 11:37 Quote
kleomenis wrote:
yetimaster
Can you point where? Enduro mtb and mbr have them lower than saints. Just interested as I don't care about modulation just raw power. Normally the zees have more power than saints in a few tests too.
I'd prefer to adapt to a powerful brake than have a well modulated set.
To be fair I trialled some trickstuffs in alpe d'heuz last year and they had both attributes.

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 12:16 Quote
yeti-monster wrote:
kleomenis wrote:
yetimaster
Can you point where? Enduro mtb and mbr have them lower than saints. Just interested as I don't care about modulation just raw power. Normally the zees have more power than saints in a few tests too.
I'd prefer to adapt to a powerful brake than have a well modulated set.
To be fair I trialled some trickstuffs in alpe d'heuz last year and they had both attributes.
im not really in the mood for doing that reaserch again... but i know that these brakes have a bit more power..also you can mix resin and organic pads together with the split pad system on the magura brakes ofering better perfomance... and bettere mosulation...how ever saints from personal experience have crazy initial bite..

O+
Posted: May 29, 2017 at 13:04 Quote
@nicoSB: you're going to whistler and choosing your spectral instead of your sender?(or did I misunderstand that you own a sender?)

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 13:18 Quote
Nickwalker99 wrote:
So after 3 months out with broken wrists I went for my first proper spin on the Strive. However, half way round my Guide RS brakes developed a problem. The callipers weren't returning properly and it was causing major disc rub. Having researched this a little it seems this is a known problem linked to warm weather and a piston in the brake leaver. Has anyone else had this issue? I've contacted Canyon to see what they say.

I am thinking of changing to Shimano and was interested in peoples thoughts? I think it would be Saints...

I had the same problem on my Strive with Guide RS and Saints solved the isse (Zee would have been just as good but I had a set of Saints laying around). I didn't bother contacting Canyon just bought a rebuild kit for ~20€ installed it and the Guide RS set is now on my XC bike,

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016140
Mobile Version of Website