Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 21:47 Quote
alnavasa wrote:
PhilWong wrote:
rmt wrote:
So, has anyone replaced the Shapeshifter remote with one of the WolfTooth ReMote dropper seat remotes? Would love to get the Sram Matchmaker version so the shapeshifter remote is mounted under the bars where a rear shifter lever would usually be.

DIYed an adaptor to attach the remote to SRAM's matchmaker. Best decision so far. I'm finding myself changing modes more regularly for different terrains.

Phil

I prefer to have down there the reverb remote, I find my self changing more often the seat post than the shape.

Unfortunately, this layout is probably the best way to integrate the shape shifter and dropper remotes.

Phil

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 5:29 Quote
Wifes keen on a canyon

Strive CF 7.0 race or Spectral wmn Al 8.0 ex

I own a Strive myself and love it to bits

We ride together alot. she likes technical downhill trails but does them slowly is it worth getting a woman specific bike? is the strive over kill for a slow descender

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 6:46 Quote
bob8fred wrote:
Wifes keen on a canyon

We ride together alot. she likes technical downhill trails but does them slowly is it worth getting a woman specific bike? is the strive over kill for a slow descender

My wife has a strive, she is really good at technical climbs and decents but not keen on hitting stuff really fast. She loves the strive and the extra ability of the strive has encouraged her to hit stuff she never would have attempted on her previous trail bike. It has made a big difference to the types of trails she is able to join me on.Saying that, the spectral is a superb bike and would likely serve her well. I don't think it makes much difference if it is wmn specific, just get the right size.

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 10:43 Quote
I don't think there should be a gender specific bikes or a gender divide on ability. My girlfriend rides mens large bikes at 6 foot tall.
Also the same as anyone, you stick em on a long travel capable bike and confidence levels increase.
Get the strive every time

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 11:07 Quote
bob8fred wrote:
Wifes keen on a canyon

i`ll bet the spectral will suit her better

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 12:19 Quote
Got my warranty replacement strive through Friday, built it up that night and been out a few times

So far ao good! Checked rear end alignment and although not perfect it is much much better than the last one

Ergon sme3 pro carbon is way comfier than the old fabric spoon! Also the added chris king buzz is lovely.....

I'll get some pics up soon

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 2:37 Quote
womans specific spectral is sold out. The "mens" version is the same except for seat/grips and the woman's suspension has a light tune.

Not sure what a light tune means. would it still be worth getting the none female specific spectral?

Posted: Jul 22, 2017 at 15:02 Quote
I purchased an adapter from lindarets in the US for $20 US, It allows the original lever to sit below and next to the dropper lever. Keeps the top of the cockpit super clean! Can't attach a picture but there should be one on my profile!

Posted: Jul 22, 2017 at 15:05 Quote
rmt wrote:
So, has anyone replaced the Shapeshifter remote with one of the WolfTooth ReMote dropper seat remotes? Would love to get the Sram Matchmaker version so the shapeshifter remote is mounted under the bars where a rear shifter lever would usually be.
I purchased an adapter from lindarets in the US for $20 US, It allows the original lever to sit below and next to the dropper lever. Keeps the top of the cockpit super clean! Can't attach a picture but there should be one on my profile!

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 14:30 Quote
Latest update to the Strive Race. Removed graphics to go stealth, custom graphics for the forks and some nice Orange Vaults. Simple and subtle.

photo

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 15:57 Quote
My trip to whistler is finally coming, so after days prepping the bike, here a few pictures of the result

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

The main differences between this and my everyday setup are mostly the 2-ply tires, flat pedals and 1cm of spacers under the stem. Also I installed new parts like dropper+saddle+tires+chain and did a full bearings/brake pads/suspensions job

The bike feels like new again and can't wait to put the bike on the chairlift!

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 20:15 Quote
tredhubmc wrote:
Latest update to the Strive Race. Removed graphics to go stealth, custom graphics for the forks and some nice Orange Vaults. Simple and subtle.
[/PI]

Have you pop riveted p-clips onto the down tube and around the steerer tube to hold your cables?

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 0:31 Quote
Has anybody changed the 4 small pivot bearings at the chain stay/seatstay junction? I can't figure out how to get them out and since they were pretty smooth I've left them for now, but interested to know. Did all the others and they were pretty straightforward.

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 1:06 Quote
rmt wrote:
Has anybody changed the 4 small pivot bearings at the chain stay/seatstay junction? I can't figure out how to get them out and since they were pretty smooth I've left them for now, but interested to know. Did all the others and they were pretty straightforward.

I'm interested in this too.

Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 2:15 Quote
That is a stunning bike, great job!

nicoSB wrote:
My trip to whistler is finally coming, so after days prepping the bike, here a few pictures of the result

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

The main differences between this and my everyday setup are mostly the 2-ply tires, flat pedals and 1cm of spacers under the stem. Also I installed new parts like dropper+saddle+tires+chain and did a full bearings/brake pads/suspensions job

The bike feels like new again and can't wait to put the bike on the chairlift!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024931
Mobile Version of Website