Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 0:34 Quote
taifi wrote:
nicoSB wrote:
Here a bad pic of my winter sled, removed the flashy rim decal for a more stealth look. I wanted to buy a brand new fork, but I ended up buying a charger 2 damper and changed all sorts of bits and pieces in the fork, super happy of the result, the fork is plusher than ever, now let's wait if the new 2018 spectral is gonna be worth replacing my bike

photo

a little review on tha charger damper 2 ? thanks

mh so far it's super plush, probably better that the charger1 and the middle stroke seems to behave better also, it was actually so good than I actually blew out my rear carbon rim yesterday ! I'll do a report in a little while

Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 0:47 Quote
nicoSB wrote:

photo

Your bike is awesome dude. One of the nicest on here, Loving the stealth look. Do you have a name for it?

Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 2:34 Quote
GazP wrote:
nicoSB wrote:

photo

Your bike is awesome dude. One of the nicest on here, Loving the stealth look. Do you have a name for it?

Lol my cat doesnt even have a name so my bike...I often refer to both of them as "the beast" ...Big Grin

Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 8:24 Quote
nicoSB wrote:
GazP wrote:
nicoSB wrote:

photo

Lol my cat doesnt even have a name so my bike...I often refer to both of them as "the beast" ...Big Grin

hahahha ...good one Smile

Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 14:06 Quote
nicoSB wrote:
GazP wrote:
nicoSB wrote:

photo

I bet when you say you’re going to ride the beast the cat runs off quickly.

Posted: Nov 12, 2017 at 1:29 Quote
nobbyq wrote:
hi anyone 5'7 on a small canyon strive ?? am just under 5'7 and not sure wether to go small or medium , the canyon pos thing says small but i normally ride m frames ! thx

Yes 5'7" on a small strive. Feels quite compact when seated climbing because of the steep (virtual) seat tube angle, but feels perfect when descending. At 422mm reach its pretty close to mediums in a lot of other brands (Yeti, Specialized, YT, Santa Cruz and Intense). Only Giant, Mondraker have longer smalls IIRC.

Posted: Nov 12, 2017 at 3:04 Quote
any of you guys able to provide the bearing-specs for a 2017 strive cf? mine are absolutely knackered...

Posted: Nov 12, 2017 at 3:44 Quote
GazP wrote:
nicoSB wrote:
GazP wrote:

I bet when you say you’re going to ride the beast the cat runs off quickly.

Razz

Posted: Nov 12, 2017 at 4:01 Quote
Jonas0lsson wrote:
any of you guys able to provide the bearing-specs for a 2017 strive cf? mine are absolutely knackered...

This has been done a few times on the forum mate if you have look back. My recommendation is to go for the Enduro brand. Mine been in ages and still going strong.

Posted: Nov 12, 2017 at 4:36 Quote
http://mbbearings.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_75&products_id=1174

I believe these are what you need

Posted: Nov 12, 2017 at 4:52 Quote
GazP wrote:
Jonas0lsson wrote:

This has been done a few times on the forum mate if you have look back. My recommendation is to go for the Enduro brand. Mine been in ages and still going strong.
Went for those on my old spectral and they held for ages so i'll probably go for them. Do u know anything about the Stock bearings supplied om the strive? Haven't sone much more than 150hours... Seem a little crap...

Posted: Nov 12, 2017 at 5:32 Quote
Jonas0lsson wrote:
GazP wrote:
Jonas0lsson wrote:

Went for those on my old spectral and they held for ages so i'll probably go for them. Do u know anything about the Stock bearings supplied om the strive? Haven't sone much more than 150hours... Seem a little crap...

Stock bearings are crap and fully exposed. Just the bearings' rubber seals are trying to hold back the elements but they are designed to keep grease in not the water out... With 150 hours yours last longer than mine. Smile

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 10:07 Quote
A quick question please. What size axle do I need to fit a fox 36 on a 2016 strive?

Also, anyone got any links for sellers in the UK?

Cheers

Pete

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 12:04 Quote
barneyisourhero wrote:
A quick question please. What size axle do I need to fit a fox 36 on a 2016 strive?

Also, anyone got any links for sellers in the UK?

Cheers

Pete
Should be the 20mm thru axle. It should come with the forks as it is a proprietary component.
If you need a replacement make sure you get the 5mm Allen key version not the one with the fold out lever. The 5mm Allen key version is for the 2016 onwards forks with 4no. 5mm m6 pinch bolts.
The 2015s have quick release levers, and supposedly isn't as stiff....

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 14:37 Quote
Hi,

I’m looking at a strive and needing a new rear shock.

What is the eye to eye length and what time should I look for?

Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.049803
Mobile Version of Website