Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 0:37 Quote
Yeti, how do you find those spesh tyres? Are they both 2.6? My Schwalbes will need replacing soon

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 3:34 Quote
Hi!

I just bought a Canyon Strive 6.0 AL from a friend, and I want to upgrade my shock to a Monarch Plus RC3.

I want to confirm the measure.

Is it shock length 190mm and stroke 51mm correct?

thanks

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 5:32 Quote
Nickwalker99 wrote:
Yeti, how do you find those spesh tyres? Are they both 2.6? My Schwalbes will need replacing soon
I'll be buying the butchers again for sure. Not sure about the purgatory. Both 2.6 but measure just above 2.5 with no clearance issues, plenty more room to spare. I'll try and get pics in a couple of days. Had 4 punctures on the purgatory and the sidewalls look worn, grip was just OK.
The compounds must have been harder than maxxis as they are still alive, but chemical grip is now lacking, even though knobs and snipes still visible.
The butcher has started to crack a little around the knobs after recent snow and ice rides. But due replacement anyway.
Good sidewall support on the butchers, I could go down to 17 psi! Regularly ran at 20. Never burped or punctured.
Grip levels from new are very good and the volume helps too. Didn't notice too much extra drag.

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 8:01 Quote
pablok wrote:
Hi!

I just bought a Canyon Strive 6.0 AL from a friend, and I want to upgrade my shock to a Monarch Plus RC3.

thanks

that are the measurements of the late "old" spectral....the strive has 200x57mm

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 8:35 Quote
yeti-monster wrote:
taifi wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

Exactly my observations +1

in the past 3 years i run in enduro and dh the guide rsc and rs, i`m a 95kg rider, let's say that i`m not an amateur anymore. So if they stop me, they are good. It's like grips...the best are those who suit you better, right ?
Most enduro and dh are short runs. I'm sure the guides will work out. They are completely useless on the big mountain decents with prolonged braking from steep summits.
I actually thought they were OK as a trail brake and then immediately got rid of them after my first 900m decent due to fade and lack of power. Ended up 2 finger braking and arms pumped up.
I'm a 110kg rider so no light weight, but am no amateur either, 2nd in regional series overall and race megavalanche, mountain of hell etc every year.

I do wheelies up and down my street most weeks and I think I’m the fastest rider on the street. lol lol lol

I’d go for hope every time, the hope feel is always consistent and moto like and the quality is another league compared to SRAM etc.

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 9:19 Quote
taifi wrote:
pablok wrote:
Hi!

thanks

that are the measurements of the late "old" spectral....the strive has 200x57mm

Yep, the strive is definitely 200x57

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 13:13 Quote
I can do the longest skids on my street with mee zee's.
Sorry sram guides just annoy me, sounded crass reading it back.
Hopes are cool if you have the dollar. Still not quite there on power.

Anyway tyres.....

2.6 2bliss grid butcher in fox 36s

2.6 2bliss grid purgatory in strive backend

Sizes

Side View on the 36s with 25mm internal rims.

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 13:51 Quote
yeti-monster wrote:
I can do the longest skids on my street with mee zee's.
Sorry sram guides just annoy me, sounded crass reading it back.
Hopes are cool if you have the dollar. Still not quite there on power.

I can feel a skid competition coming on!

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 17:07 Quote
Hi folks.

Anyone know the best way to get a Canyon bike shipped directly to Canada? Looking at getting the new Stitched 360 complete. Doesn't seem as if they ship there or to the USA. Sorry if this has been asked before I can't imagine I'm the first to ask...

Thanks

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 0:44 Quote
Are the 36's boost? Does this even make a difference to tyre clearance?

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 1:51 Quote
Boost 36's clear a 3.0", and 2.8's no problem on 40mm ID rims.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 13:12 Quote
Mine are standard non boost axles.

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 6:58 Quote
Anyone I assume lots have Smile done a warranty on their rockshox reverb
mines drops about an inch when you put weight in it
Checked pressure and had a bleed done but still the same I know it's a warranty return.

What's the process seat post back to canyon? Then the waiting game or can I post directly to the service center
How long does it take to get the seatpost returned, I know it's just a straight swap for a new one
And should I just ring canyon uk tomorrow or do it through web chat any info is grateful

When my canecreek rear shock went it took 29 days to get it sorted!!
Hopefully can be sorted in a week?

Thanks

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 12:28 Quote
Tyjay wrote:
Checked pressure and had a bleed done but still the same I know it's a warranty return.

What's the process seat post back to canyon? Then the waiting game or can I post directly to the service center
How long does it take to get the seatpost returned, I know it's just a straight swap for a new one
And should I just ring canyon uk tomorrow or do it through web chat any info is grateful

Thanks

I had a reverb send back to Canyon, if I remember well, I got a new one in about a month

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 13:28 Quote
Tyjay wrote:

Thanks

I think one week is overly optimistic but you can never know... Call Canyon and you will find out. Smile
Last time it took around a month for me and got a new one.

I assume you bled the remote but it has nothing to do with the sag. That requires the bleeding of the internals.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018088
Mobile Version of Website