Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Author Message
Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 20:01 Quote
Just read a review on the new Canyon Spectral.

https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/reviews/biking/trail-mountain-bike/canyon-spectral-al-6-0-2018

Looks like the only gripe was the Tall Headtube (Large Spectral).

Mediums have a 116 headtube
Large headtubes are 147

Holly tall headtube batman :O

Anyone on a Large Spectral, having trouble seeing the trail Razz

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 8:38 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
Mediums have a 116 headtube
Large headtubes are 147

Holly tall headtube batman :O

Anyone on a Large Spectral, having trouble seeing the trail Razz

My xl strive has a 155mm headtube, I also run 20mm rise bars with a 40mm spacer, the weather's nice up here

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 11:35 Quote
Got a 2018 Canyon Spectral AL 6.0 in size M last week.

Have done about 6 hours of riding in the Santa Cruz Mtns and my first impressions are really good. I'm not really qualified to pass judgement since I've only ridden a few good full suspension bikes and previously only owned a few hardtails. Coming from the hardtail though, I am actually still really happy with how poppy the bike feels, which is something I was worried about. In every other regard it also has felt great, but what do I know.

I also put it up on a crappy fish scale for the weight weenies among us. It came in a 30.2 +/- 0.2 lbs set up tubeless and covered in mud, so take it with a grain of salt.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I weighed it with with Crankbrothers Mallet E pedals attached, which should add about 1 lbs


Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 13:09 Quote
does any one know what size the shock is on the spectral from 2016?

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 14:31 Quote
Joelmagdalena16 wrote:
does any one know what size the shock is on the spectral from 2016?
190x51(50)

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 15:51 Quote
Just received my Canyon spectral al 6.0 2018 and the screw for the seat clamp seems to be missing.
Is it supposed to be in a bag ?
Gonna make a call to canyon tomorrow...

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 16:08 Quote
erwick wrote:
mistermanny wrote:
Mediums have a 116 headtube
Large headtubes are 147

Holly tall headtube batman :O

Anyone on a Large Spectral, having trouble seeing the trail Razz

My xl strive has a 155mm headtube, I also run 20mm rise bars with a 40mm spacer, the weather's nice up here

Sounds like it isn't an issue...good to hear Smile

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 16:16 Quote
Charbel1911 wrote:
Just received my Canyon spectral al 6.0 2018 and the screw for the seat clamp seems to be missing.
Is it supposed to be in a bag ?
Gonna make a call to canyon tomorrow...

hahah...that's hilarious...that happend also on my brothers bike, same 6.0, same thing...te screw was missiong! Smile

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 4:43 Quote
Hello everyone,

I own a Canyon Strive CF 8 from 2015 and want to upgrade my rear brake rotor to a 203mm. Do you know if the frame is compatible with an adapter to handle a 203 rotor?
I already installed it and it seems to fit.

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 9:51 Quote
TheSwissRider wrote:
Hello everyone,

I own a Canyon Strive CF 8 from 2015 and want to upgrade my rear brake rotor to a 203mm. Do you know if the frame is compatible with an adapter to handle a 203 rotor?
I already installed it and it seems to fit.

Seems you've half answered your question. However I feel you'll be running a risk of snapping the seat stay just ahead of the brake mount. There were (and probably still are) a spate of snapped seat stays just above the brake mounting bosses with the carbon rear triangles. Extra torque from the larger rotor may increase the risk of snapping (even though the below break is with an XT brake and 180mm rotor).


Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 10:25 Quote
handynzl wrote:
TheSwissRider wrote:
Hello everyone,

I own a Canyon Strive CF 8 from 2015 and want to upgrade my rear brake rotor to a 203mm. Do you know if the frame is compatible with an adapter to handle a 203 rotor?
I already installed it and it seems to fit.

Seems you've half answered your question. However I feel you'll be running a risk of snapping the seat stay just ahead of the brake mount. There were (and probably still are) a spate of snapped seat stays just above the brake mounting bosses with the carbon rear triangles. Extra torque from the larger rotor may increase the risk of snapping (even though the below break is with an XT brake and 180mm rotor).


I was just about to say the same... 203 at the rear doesn't sound like a good idea.

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 11:11 Quote
catsandboots wrote:
Got a 2018 Canyon Spectral AL 6.0 in size M last week.

Have done about 6 hours of riding in the Santa Cruz Mtns and my first impressions are really good. I'm not really qualified to pass judgement since I've only ridden a few good full suspension bikes and previously only owned a few hardtails. Coming from the hardtail though, I am actually still really happy with how poppy the bike feels, which is something I was worried about. In every other regard it also has felt great, but what do I know.

I also put it up on a crappy fish scale for the weight weenies among us. It came in a 30.2 +/- 0.2 lbs set up tubeless and covered in mud, so take it with a grain of salt.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I weighed it with with Crankbrothers Mallet E pedals attached, which should add about 1 lbs


Looks great! Red seems better in person than online. Can you speak to size of the bike? My last two bikes were Large Santa Cruz's, but the rep was mentioning for my size 5'11'' he would probably go medium as they run a bit big.

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 11:52 Quote
mine and brothers Spectral , great bike !



Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 12:49 Quote


So here the setup for the enduro season (minus tires and a few things), I'm planning half a dozen of enduro races including two ews, I have a few more weeks to get in decent shape and work on suspension setup!

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 15:03 Quote
taifi wrote:
mine and brothers Spectral , great bike !



SUPERB !!


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014646
Mobile Version of Website