Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: May 1, 2018 at 16:09 Quote
What size is that Mccooleet?

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 22:58 Quote
New Toy in Town -2-

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 23:34 Quote
Need some help from this strive owners that have installed the CC IL Coil. I am looking to do the same upgrade, but having issues with the mounting hardware. How did you solve it. Canyon have advised that the hardware needed is proprietary and not readily available. On the drawings there are 2 spacers for the CCDB Air shock and wondering if this is all that is needed. Measurements provided by Canyon are 31.75 x 8mm and 22.2 x 8mm as the hardware required. Cane creek do not have this option.

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 2:52 Quote
You in Aus? Try NS dynamics. They made me up some custom shock mounting hardware once when i was struggling to find it.

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 5:38 Quote
AMFG wrote:
Tonydavies wrote:
What model wtc is that?

16 Spectral AL 7.0EX

Mine cracked there too, got a new frame under warranty, seems to be a frequent problem

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 5:46 Quote
Same crack - Spectral Al 2015

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 5:50 Quote
I'm not happy with Reverb stealth B1 and I'd like to replace it with Bikeyoke Revive 185mm. What i read hear it should have space in frame Strive CF L (2cm sticking out of frame, which is ok for me..).

I'd like to ask someone who already change the Dropper post - how is the procedure for routing new cable ? Is it possible without special tools ? If so please describe

My reverb lever is currently right and I'd like new dropper to be left - so i need to run new cable, but don't have any special tools. Appreciate for any feedback. Cheers

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 6:27 Quote
Mccooleet wrote:
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/15855493/

Finally it came in today, can’t wait to fife it.

Medium

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 10:48 Quote
crymo99 wrote:
I'm not happy with Reverb stealth B1 and I'd like to replace it with Bikeyoke Revive 185mm. What i read hear it should have space in frame Strive CF L (2cm sticking out of frame, which is ok for me..).

I'd like to ask someone who already change the Dropper post - how is the procedure for routing new cable ? Is it possible without special tools ? If so please describe

My reverb lever is currently right and I'd like new dropper to be left - so i need to run new cable, but don't have any special tools. Appreciate for any feedback. Cheers

I just installed a Revive 185 a couple weeks ago, I had already made the switch to the right side routing years ago when I installed a KS 150.

The revive fits fine on my M race (still has a couple centimeters of clearance) but I have the seat fully slammed forward which makes me need a longer post than normal, so don't quote me on that.

There's a threaded metal bit where the Reverb cable sticks out which you should reuse on the right side with the new cable.

To comfortably route the cable on the right side you will need to remove the fork so that you can stick your fingers in the head tube and make the initial bend; then you just push the cable towards the bottom bracket. You will need to remove your crankset, and if the bb has the connecting plastic pipe installed you will have to unthread it all. If you have the RaceFace Cinch bb you will need a proprietary wrench tool to unscrew that (although you might make it with a cloth rag and your hands).

The cable should get to the bb area easily, it might get stuck just before it gets there but you should be able to fish for it with your fingers.

Now the hard part, routing the cable through the seat tube, I really haven't found a good strategy for that, once you make the 90 degrees turn upwards you start to feel it hitting the frame, it took me a lot of tries, pushing it at different angles etc, but eventually you should make it too.

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 11:05 Quote
Thanks very much for feedback. I really hoped it would be possible to somehow do without removing bottom bracket...

All these proprietary tools - already have key for Shimano hollowtech, but guess this Race face is different..

edit: it's actually Race Face - x type BB, same as Hollowtech - 16-notch external bearing bottom bracket.

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 11:55 Quote
Attach something to the old hose before you remove it. I use gear cable outer taped on with electric insulation tape and carefully pull it through. Repeat in reverse to pull the new hose/ outer through. Carbon strive has an inner cable guide for the dropper only

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 12:09 Quote
Tonydavies wrote:
You in Aus? Try NS dynamics. They made me up some custom shock mounting hardware once when i was struggling to find it.

Just after I posted I saw this as well. Calling them today to get them made up. Thanks

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 12:59 Quote
yeti-monster wrote:
Attach something to the old hose before you remove it. I use gear cable outer taped on with electric insulation tape and carefully pull it through. Repeat in reverse to pull the new hose/ outer through. Carbon strive has an inner cable guide for the dropper only

Thanks, for tip, but I'd like to have the trigger on other side than is currently routed. Is there really an inner cable guide ?

I'd like to use this Triggy dropper remote, so only way is to have it left side...and that's where i prefere to have it.

maybe it would be easier for me to buy 2nd bike, because i sometimes "plan too much" to reduce downtime Smile

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 19:08 Quote
Here's my 2016 strive, just built up those wheels tonight Razz

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 22:10 Quote
jernejk wrote:

Yes, it climbs better than expected. I have to say that I have upgraded drivetrain to GX Eagle 1x12 straight from the box.

My previous bike was Giant Reign 2015, with CCDB CS coil, FOX 36 170mm up front, 30T chainring, 10-42T cassette and some other upgrades that make it more suitable for parks. It was orientaded more towords rides I wanted to ride, not so much towords rides I was actually running (trail and mellow enduro). My idea was to "split" that bike in two separate bikes, one for trail rides and one for parks, but I have coildn't justify the "investment". As my girlfriend was showing more and more interest in MTB and we can ride the simmilar sized bikes I made a decision to by two bikes.
I have bought the new Spectral and new Torque. Spectral for local trails and Torque for parks and rides on which we are going together, so the Torque have to be able to do some (easy fireroad) climbs. And it does! In comparison to Spectral you do notice a "chopper" body position and 165mm crank does feel a bit funny at first, but I was impressed how I was not struggling with local climb as I've expected. Sspectral does climb better than previously mentioned Giant Reign, but Torque is not much behind it. I did just about 500 vh meters of climbing so I can't say about bigger climbs, but If i had to choose just one of them, I would go with Torque.

About wheelsets; I haven't done enough of rough rides to tell, but they feel fine. I think this 1850 model is OEM only, may be somewere near the 1900 model. I can't recall, but I think that this model may be close to 1700 but with different hub(s)? Not sure...

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Seems like they've come a long way in improving climbing efficiency for longer travel bikes. Very tempted to pull the trigger on this now.

Any reason you didn't go the AL7? Personally I'm accustom to RS gear but am willing to try the Fox setup if its worth it.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013982
Mobile Version of Website