Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: May 9, 2018 at 9:17 Quote
Any spectral riders here in Utah or adjacent states? Would love to see one in person before buying..

Posted: May 9, 2018 at 18:09 Quote
Recieved my spectral al 5.0 in medium the other day. Straight off the mark cranks and double chain ring where replaced faster than an aussie prime minister. Its now running XT cranks with a 30t chain ring and one up top guide. Deore brakes where also replaced with a set of SLX brakes i had laying around. Why didnt i just get an al 6.0? f*ck 12spd eagle, guides and the lack of front chainguide mount which would have been extra. My AL 5.0 with upgrades has come under the price of the al 6.0.

https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/15884837/
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/15884838/

O+
Posted: May 9, 2018 at 22:58 Quote
Tonydavies wrote:
Recieved my spectral al 5.0 in medium the other day. Straight off the mark cranks and double chain ring where replaced faster than an aussie prime minister. Its now running XT cranks with a 30t chain ring and one up top guide. Deore brakes where also replaced with a set of SLX brakes i had laying around. Why didnt i just get an al 6.0? f*ck 12spd eagle, guides and the lack of front chainguide mount which would have been extra. My AL 5.0 with upgrades has come under the price of the al 6.0.

https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/15884837/
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/15884838/

Looks tidy, mate Smile

Posted: May 10, 2018 at 9:36 Quote
HI

I have a 2015 CF race 8 and want to change the bottom bracket for a Hope one as the Race Face ones don't seem to last to long.

Anyone know what Hope one I need.

Thanks in advance

Posted: May 10, 2018 at 13:25 Quote
eaglebonesfalconhawk wrote:
HI

I have a 2015 CF race 8 and want to change the bottom bracket for a Hope one as the Race Face ones don't seem to last to long.

Thanks in advance

this one http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/it/it/movimento-centrale-mtb-in-acciaio-inox-30mm-hope-/rp-prod128184 (product q&a confirms it works with RF Cinch)

Posted: May 11, 2018 at 0:41 Quote
30mm rims

Anyone running 30mm internal id rims? on a canyon strive ?

I put a really big ding into my rear so im going to replace the rear and maybe the front with some fresh new rims, more than likely i ll use DT swiss EX 501 rims

Posted: May 11, 2018 at 1:06 Quote
levitronix wrote:
30mm rims

I put a really big ding into my rear so im going to replace the rear and maybe the front with some fresh new rims, more than likely i ll use DT swiss EX 501 rims

I run a 30mm id rear and 35 mm id front. Current setup is DHF 2.5wt on front and 2.3 aggressor on rear.

Posted: May 11, 2018 at 5:21 Quote
levitronix wrote:
30mm rims

I'm running 29mm ID Mavic ex729 on a Strive with 2.3" Minions. So far they are absolutely solid, highly recommended . Had them hand built and the guy said not to bother with more expensive rims as they inevitably get dinged no matter how good they are.

O+
Posted: May 11, 2018 at 12:59 Quote
eaglebonesfalconhawk wrote:
HI

Thanks in advance

I bought a couple of better quality bearings and pressed them into the Race Face cups after tapping the old ones out. You can buy several sets of bearings for the price of a Hope BB.

O+
Posted: May 11, 2018 at 23:38 Quote
Internal cable fun. I'm about to attempt to run a dropper through a Strive frame. Wish me luck

Posted: May 13, 2018 at 12:49 Quote
Managed to install new dropper post today (revive 185) Smile
Changed the routing from left to right side. Was relatively easy job.

thanks for all tips, especially from davidfregoli
photo

Posted: May 14, 2018 at 2:39 Quote
levitronix wrote:
30mm rims

i am running 30mm ex1501`s on my bike. great bit of clearance front and rear. fantastic wheels

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 1:55 Quote
ordered my strive in jan still hadnt come but they have lent me a 2017 strive 7.0 cf but i think the al has slightly better spec

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 15:28 Quote
Jonas0lsson wrote:
levitronix wrote:
30mm rims

i am running 30mm ex1501`s on my bike. great bit of clearance front and rear. fantastic wheels

thx going to order the just the rear rim first , will post up pics of the build, will be keeping the 350 hubs . just seen Ritchie rude used the ex471 rims for rd3 ews

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 17:19 Quote
The 2018 Canyon Strive 9.0 and 7.0 has a Rockshox Lyrik RCT3 170 fork. Does anyone know what the offset of this fork is? I believe it will be either 37 or 46 as they are the only two offsets they do for the 27.5 wheel size.

My reason for asking is that I have a 2015 Strive with a Rockshox Pike 160. I'm upgrading to the 2018 Lyrik 160 with a 46 offset which I purchased through Pinkbike.

Canyon tell me to stick with the 160 travel (even though the frame geometry has remained unchanged since 2015) and if possible keep the 42 offset. Since the 2018 Lyrik 160 (27.5) does not come with a 42 offset, I'm curious to know what they are fitting in production at the factory? So, if you have a 2018 Strive with a OEM fitted Lyrik fork, can you check your Lyrik fork and let me know the offset? Its stated on the label at the top of the lower tubes.

(Canyon tell me they have gone to 170 travel on the 2018 Strives for the following reason: 'The move to 170 was driven by our factory Enduro team as the EWS has progressed and matured as a race series the tracks have become rougher,steeper and more technical and the extra 10 mil of travel would be beneficial').

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016731
Mobile Version of Website