Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 5:29 Quote
Seems Neuron has vanished from canyon's website.

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 8:32 Quote
Just renewed my gear cable on my strive using a full outer cable.. smooth as f*#k now! Happy days.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 9:07 Quote
Can any 2018 Canyon Strive CF 8.0 Small Frame people please post a picture of your bike and rear shock? I bought my bike in March and got it shipped to the border as I'm in Canada. I just want to confirm what rear shock you received. I thought I'd be getting the DPX2 that is in all of the pictures that I have seen. The shocks all have the 2nd canister and are installed with the o-ring up. Mine is just a single canister and the o-ring is down (falls off when sag is not set right but not a big deal). I called Canyon USA today to ask about it and the guy said that it was most likely because it is a small frame strive and that the shock was just as good. I just want to verify what you guys have received to double check.

Thanks a lot.

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 12:44 Quote
Cant talk about that spec on the cf8 but my wife's strive is a small and a monarch plus with a piggy back oil reservoir fits just fine. Hers is a 2016 non race model so it's the smallest strive canyon have made.

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 13:28 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:
Seems Neuron has vanished from canyon's website.

No, it's still there...

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 14:30 Quote
Kickmehard wrote:
Cant talk about that spec on the cf8 but my wife's strive is a small and a monarch plus with a piggy back oil reservoir fits just fine. Hers is a 2016 non race model so it's the smallest strive canyon have made.

Thank you Kickmehard.

I found the answer on the Strive Owners Facebook group for my specific model.

photo

I didn't remember seeing that when I ordered mine but the Small and XS come with Fox Factory Float DPS Evol instead of the DPX2. I love the bike so hopefully the shock is just as good.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 13:16 Quote
Jonfnunes wrote:
Hey mtbikers

I'm having troubles upgrading my bike. Originally i used to have a 2x10 setup 11-36 10v + 28-36 plates and Deore XT Shadow+ SGS (RD-M786). I switched to monoplate 32T oval with 11-42 10v cassete. 42 tooth gear kinda hard to get, even with a longer b screw and one bracket unit from another XT derailleur working as a Goatlink...

Im thinking about buying an original goatlink to work it out.

Anyone had this issue before?

Thanks guys&girls

Regards

João

Is your chain long enough? A medium cage length should be fine with a 42 sprocket.

Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 14:34 Quote
who`s running topaz t3`s in their strives? really looking to upgrade from my float x as the suppleness just isn`t there... please share your thoughts and pics if you have!Smile

Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 14:39 Quote
Eurobike is here, in Germany, and no news from Canyon about the future Strive... Frown

Posted: Jul 10, 2018 at 20:58 Quote
Hey guys, thinking of getting a new OneUp dropper on my medium 2016 Strive CF. Do you know if the 170mm drop post will fit. I realize you can adjust the stroke in these, which is great. Need more than the 150mm.

https://www.oneupcomponents.com/products/dropper-post

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 10:25 Quote
I got myself a new CF 8.0 spectral back in April and have been doing some hard trail riding with it. I found some lines around the top side of my bottom bracket and am worried they may be cracks in the carbon. Anyone had anything like this happen on theirs or have any insight into it?

Thanks!!

Ian
Superior aspect of BB drive side Canyon spectral CF8.0 July
  Superior aspect of BB drive side, Canyon spectral CF8.0 July

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 10:45 Quote
MAtechshit wrote:
I got myself a new CF 8.0 spectral back in April and have been doing some hard trail riding with it. I found some lines around the top side of my bottom bracket and am worried they may be cracks in the carbon. Anyone had anything like this happen on theirs or have any insight into it?

Thanks!!

Ian
Superior aspect of BB drive side Canyon spectral CF8.0 July
  Superior aspect of BB drive side, Canyon spectral CF8.0 July
Yup had my Strive replaced x3 for same thing.
It's gone again now but will probably wait all summer for a replacement again....
Few photos ages back of a number of them

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 11:03 Quote
Yup had my Strive replaced x3 for same thing.
It's gone again now but will probably wait all summer for a replacement again....
Few photos ages back of a number of them[/Quote]

How did Canyon do with the replacement process? any fees and what was the wait time like?

Thanks so much for the heads up!!

Ian

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 13:49 Quote
No all free of charge but took a while...
1St one about a week
2nd one 4 weeks
3Rd one 6 weeks+
Worried I'll be without all summer again

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 2:14 Quote
Just to let you know that new Canyon line up will be announced in october-November, so the Strive.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017825
Mobile Version of Website