Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Sep 13, 2018 at 14:47 Quote
+1 for Spank Wheels. Excellent customer support too

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2018 at 11:45 Quote
Hi,

Any one heard about any details on new strive for 2019? Some people saying Sep/Oct others saying Dec/Jan.

Thanks,
Ian

Posted: Sep 15, 2018 at 8:05 Quote
ianhong wrote:
Hi,

Any one heard about any details on new strive for 2019? Some people saying Sep/Oct others saying Dec/Jan.

Thanks,
Ian

2019 line should be announced for October. I called a French sell representative and he toild me the same. Hope it's true!
To be honest, i'm a bit afraid when I see the red lyric version, I hope it's not the 2019 Strive. I really hope they will update the Strive.
Also, I want az shapeshifter but I don't want the old shapeshifter.

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 3:39 Quote
Canyon Torque Owners facebook group that I made since the YT and Commencal groups seem pretty active so thought we should have one too!

Very small at the moment but I plan on consolidating some info from multiple spots so you don't have to go and hunt around.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/328045311281130/

Is there an active Canyon owners facebook group? The only ones I found were quite dead

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 8:18 Quote
Got my Spectral AL '18.

2 light rides down(less than 15km mileage, 2 weeks of ownership) and at the end of the second ride my pedals just went snapped and got all misaligned from the crank.

Removed the pedals only to find the drive side pedal threads are stripped. They were installed at the correct sides, greased, torqued adequately, there was no play experienced, it just went from fully fastened to snap!

Odd experience if you ask me, stepped out of mtb for prolly about 7 years now? This spectral is me coming back into riding, have had many bikes before, entry drivetrain to higher ends one, never had this happened to me.

Yes these are OEM issue(Truvativ Descendant 6k DUB Eagle), not so much Canyon's but Canyon's after sales was not very helpful and offered no resolution, I got them to an LBS for an steel insert fix after some SOP bs replies and that's that. The bikes was not very well setup upon reception as well, noticed it was all dust up too.

All being said, making a decision of buying direct, you'd have to manage expectation that you might have to deal with these nitty gritty.

Petty issues aside, the bike rides fantastic tho!

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 2:41 Quote
Ramosrides wrote:
Has there been many aly frames cracked ?

My ally 2015 Strive cracked top and bottom of the slot for the reverb hose on the seat tube, started a warranty claim early August and they replaced the whole frame, received it back 4 weeks after starting the claim

photo

Posted: Sep 20, 2018 at 4:26 Quote
Quick note for anyone with a new torque, the bike doesn't use the full length of the rear shock, so if you set sag from the length of the stantion, you will be running around 50% sag instead of 30%!

Remove all the air, and measure how much is used, then take your 30% from that.

Posted: Sep 20, 2018 at 9:32 Quote
Kersh wrote:
Quick note for anyone with a new torque, the bike doesn't use the full length of the rear shock, so if you set sag from the length of the stantion, you will be running around 50% sag instead of 30%!

That's bold!

Which model do you have? Mine AL 6 in size L with RS SuperDeluxe works just fine...

Posted: Sep 20, 2018 at 9:43 Quote
Kersh wrote:

... What

Posted: Sep 20, 2018 at 16:10 Quote
jernejk wrote:
Kersh wrote:

That's bold!

Which model do you have? Mine AL 6 in size L with RS SuperDeluxe works just fine...

Mine uses the complete stroke also. Maybe he has the lever set to firm and/or didn't drop all the air in the shock?

Posted: Sep 24, 2018 at 4:33 Quote
hi all,
I'm from Indonesia. I had Canyon Torque AL 5.0 since March 2018. The bike component i've changed only saddle. i' changed saddle to Ergon SMC4. I'm planning wheelset upgrade soon. I.m already order E13 TRS+, because I love the noise of E13 freehub Big Grin

Here is my bike when bike trip on Bromo Mountain East Java Indonesia last 2 week

photo

Posted: Sep 25, 2018 at 2:06 Quote
Hi guys,

I want to replace the inner shifter cable on my strive cf.
Am i right in the fact that the outer does not run trough the frame but only the inner? Anyone that has done this?

If i remember correctly I recieved a rubber cable thingy in the package with the bike. Is that for the shifter cable?

Posted: Sep 25, 2018 at 5:45 Quote
SvSake wrote:
Hi guys,

Am i right in the fact that the outer does not run trough the frame but only the inner? Anyone that has done this?

If i remember correctly I recieved a rubber cable thingy in the package with the bike. Is that for the shifter cable?

Everything you need to know

Posted: Sep 25, 2018 at 23:26 Quote
muckwarrior wrote:
SvSake wrote:
Hi guys,

Everything you need to know

Ah, thank you very much!

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 9:47 Quote
Any truth in the rumours that Canyon have teamed up with Fox to design the shapeshifter on the new strive?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020745
Mobile Version of Website