Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 2:38 Quote
GazP wrote:
Kickmehard wrote:
Anyone hear anything from the Canyon secret new model testing day in the Surrey hills yesterday? I was going to go down and have a snoop but didn't get out .

I asked on the online chat about the new strive and they said there was no timeframe for it’s release but it would be worth the wait.

just completed my stable with a torque....i hope the strive won't bee that great...to buy another bike Smile )) middle of december i have the intel for the strive release...(not official)

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 6:38 Quote
Look up the Canyon Instagram account,
tomorrow the new strive will release!!
I'm so hyped

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 7:37 Quote
Pixels42 wrote:
Toryt7 wrote:
nicoSB wrote:

yo that's gonna be a sick bike, only think I noticed is that canecreek spring recommendation is kinda off, for my weight I should have put a 400 on my coil il, and i ended up with a 450 for fun and 500 for racing. But the canecreek base tune is pretty good. They recommend 2 turns HSC and HSR and 12 LSC and LSR so I guess its pretty much right in the middle

Thanks for the info Nick. I called Cane Creek and they recommended 450lb for me so I will see. Stoked to finally try coil!

I'm thinking about the same upgrade for my Strive. What do you both weigh?

I am 180lb geared up. Still waiting to test out the shock but I’ll let you know if 450lb is right for me.

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 8:04 Quote
Synox wrote:
Look up the Canyon Instagram account,
tomorrow the new strive will release!!
I'm so hyped

would be great to have the new Strive appearing tomorrow, but all of the current Strives have still their full price tag.
usually you would sell your current Strive stock with big discounts to make room for the new one to come.
the 1rst strive was presented with anticipated hype which is not the case now, I would expect a presentation like the Torque with days building up to it. But who knows we`ll see tomorrow

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 10:50 Quote
muckwarrior wrote:
Will a large Strive take a 170mm reverb fully? I.e. will it go fully down into the seat tube. Reason I'm asking is that f it stuck out any more than about 1cm I think the saddle would be too high for me when fully extended.

Yes I have one now. But the thingamajig or what ever its called wont fit.

I run mine with a WolfsTooth cable actuated lever anyways.

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 6:04 Quote
OMG new bike announced Eek tup

And it's a f*cking Neuron Mad

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 11:55 Quote
At a 170cm the Neuron for my height would put me on the 27.5 version. I hope this isn't going to be the same for the new Strive.

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 13:57 Quote
Gomeron wrote:
bigquotes
makinon

Too small!

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 14:47 Quote
Getting close! This pic would also confirm the SS is staying...

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 3:49 Quote

Spy Pic of the new Strive 29er from a german forum.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 3:55 Quote
hufl wrote:

Could be my next bike if I want a 29er.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 4:04 Quote
hufl wrote:

I'd be pleased if they kept the shape shifter.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 5:17 Quote
Was gonna say there's no sign of a shapeshifter in that pic, but I think I can see it now.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 9:53 Quote
Bit disappointed with that, was looking for something fresh. It basically looks like the current strive with 29er wheels. Hopefully it's just a bad picture.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032130
Mobile Version of Website