Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 5:15 Quote
muckwarrior wrote:
Drygrass wrote:
samthornton1990 wrote:

One last thing, do you have a link for the little washer that goes between this part and the shock?

The Two metal O rings you're asking about can be found on the exploded view of the shock mount/swing arm via the long web link above. If you're ordering the bushes from Canyon then you may aswell order the O rings. I ordered on a Monday morning and got the bushes Thursday.
I'm also missing those 2 metal O rings after canyon sent my bike back to me after replacing the frame. However I don't see them on that diagram. They're not parts 9 or 10. Which ones are they?

They are not listed in the diagram, which is annoying, I emailed the guys at canyon UK after I mashed one after a service and they sent me a couple of spares they had in the workshop. I'm just going to measure them carefully and find something that will fit online.

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 1:04 Quote
Calek wrote:
Hey guys anyone know if new Shapeshifter fit in to older Strive models?

You can, but you also need to buy the adaptor...

https://www.canyon.com/en-nz/mtb/strive/2019/f-strive-cfr.html

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 8:33 Quote
handynzl wrote:
Calek wrote:
Hey guys anyone know if new Shapeshifter fit in to older Strive models?

You can, but you also need to buy the adaptor...

https://www.canyon.com/en-nz/mtb/strive/2019/f-strive-cfr.html
Lol
And the integration module
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mavic-xa-elite-carbon-29er-boost-wheelset-2019/rp-prod178041

Posted: Apr 10, 2019 at 4:24 Quote
Hey guys, does anyone have feedback about the new strive, any discussion or something?

Posted: Apr 10, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
Hi, guys.

Anybody know, where I can find rear shock mounting hardware for my canyon lux cf sl 2018?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5v6u85&s=9#.XK4lp1UzaHs

Posted: Apr 10, 2019 at 10:55 Quote
Been waiting 3 weeks for my spectral that was supposedly in stock. Anybody else got an order with canyon and still awaiting delivery?

Online account days the order is confirmed but online chat guys repeat the same old nonsense about it being in production.

Should I cancel and reorder the still in stock bike or just wait and hope in vain?

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 5:49 Quote
Hey folks, anyone have any recommendations for bike racks that would fit a 2016 spectral? Trying to avoid roof mounting if possible and don't have a tow bar.

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 6:00 Quote
Qui3tman wrote:
Hey folks, anyone have any recommendations for bike racks that would fit a 2016 spectral? Trying to avoid roof mounting if possible and don't have a tow bar.

I know you said you're trying to avoid it but I love my roof mounted one, I use a Thule proride 598 which clamps at the bottom of the down tube (should be fine on a Spectral), it's fully lockable as well.

I've used rear (not towbar) mounted ones in the past but I hate how you can see the bikes wobbling around in the rear view mirror. They also never seemed very secure and I've heard stories of them falling off. 2 cents

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 8:00 Quote
Genrege wrote:
Been waiting 3 weeks for my spectral that was supposedly in stock. Anybody else got an order with canyon and still awaiting delivery?

Online account days the order is confirmed but online chat guys repeat the same old nonsense about it being in production.

Should I cancel and reorder the still in stock bike or just wait and hope in vain?

Iv'e got two Torques on order that are stated as being in stock which I ordered on the 25th March with dispatch date stated as 08/04 - 12/04.
As of yet I've not had the dispatch notification. I did get a mail 5 hours after confirmation of order stating it had been delayed stating "We're really sorry, but we've had to delay your order. This is due to unforeseeable complications in our supply and production planning. Below you will find the new estimated dispatch date for your order. We want you out riding as soon as possible and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience." but the dispatch was the same as what had already been stated. I'm in the UK and do wonder if they have held out due to the possibility of a no deal Brexit tomorrow which is now of the cards because there would have been the grey area of import duty and who would have been liable to pay it!
Issue with you reordering is you may go to the back of the Que if they have a production back log

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
Wookiebear wrote:
Genrege wrote:

Iv'e got two Torques on order that are stated as being in stock which I ordered on the 25th March with dispatch date stated as 08/04 - 12/04.
As of yet I've not had the dispatch notification. I did get a mail 5 hours after confirmation of order stating it had been delayed stating "We're really sorry, but we've had to delay your order. This is due to unforeseeable complications in our supply and production planning. Below you will find the new estimated dispatch date for your order. We want you out riding as soon as possible and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience." but the dispatch was the same as what had already been stated. I'm in the UK and do wonder if they have held out due to the possibility of a no deal Brexit tomorrow which is now of the cards because there would have been the grey area of import duty and who would have been liable to pay it!
Issue with you reordering is you may go to the back of the Que if they have a production back log

At least you got an updated shipment date, mines still end of march, and I'm not sure canyon have a time travel machine yet.

So don't know if it's just got lost in their IT system and not in any queue. I'm worried they've lost my order and it's going to go out of stock before it's shipped. That's why I was thinking of cancelling and reordering, or maybe I'll order 2 and reject the second delivery.

Their customer support is shocking though. Over a week since they supposedly emailled Germany for details on the order and nothing back from them yet.

Good luck with yours, let us know how you get on!

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 15:14 Quote
Has anyone had problems with the bearings on the Strive? I seem to be having to replace mine every 6 months because they're just so flogged out...

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 16:37 Quote
willbikeleeds wrote:
Qui3tman wrote:

I know you said you're trying to avoid it but I love my roof mounted one, I use a Thule proride 598 which clamps at the bottom of the down tube (should be fine on a Spectral), it's fully lockable as well.

I've used rear (not towbar) mounted ones in the past but I hate how you can see the bikes wobbling around in the rear view mirror. They also never seemed very secure and I've heard stories of them falling off. 2 cents

+1 for 598. It's worth spending a little more to get the 598 over 591 as the 598 jaw has more rubber on it and a torque limiter so you don't overtighten it

Posted: Apr 12, 2019 at 0:47 Quote
Genrege wrote:
Wookiebear wrote:
Genrege wrote:

At least you got an updated shipment date, mines still end of march, and I'm not sure canyon have a time travel machine yet.

So don't know if it's just got lost in their IT system and not in any queue. I'm worried they've lost my order and it's going to go out of stock before it's shipped. That's why I was thinking of cancelling and reordering, or maybe I'll order 2 and reject the second delivery.

Their customer support is shocking though. Over a week since they supposedly emailled Germany for details on the order and nothing back from them yet.

Good luck with yours, let us know how you get on!

If I was you I would be on to them every day, waiting for a week for an answer is poor. I would be asking why the dispatch date hasn't been updated. This is supposed to be their UK office tel no. 0208 5496001 open 10-5
My email stating the delay had the exact same dispatch date as the original confirmation of order.
How long after you ordered was your dispatch dates?

If they have a production back log then they should be transparent about it on the website and manage peoples expectations.
Good luck

Posted: Apr 12, 2019 at 2:29 Quote
muggers wrote:
Has anyone had problems with the bearings on the Strive? I seem to be having to replace mine every 6 months because they're just so flogged out...

Mine fell apart after 6 months, put new Koyo ones and so far for year and a half it's perfect.

There are two issues with bearings I've seen on Strives:
- there are some tappered bearings in some places, don't know details as my mechanic changed them and was puzzled why canyon did that. He just put normal bearings and I can feel it's more smooth now
- on few friends strives alignment of rear triangle was not good so load on bearings is not equal

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 at 3:54 Quote
Hi folks,

Anyone with a Spectral who can explain why not all of it's stroke is being used when bottoming out? It seems that since last ride my shock is bottoming out before reaching 60mm stroke. Below picture of maximum travel (without little pressure in shock).

RockShox Deluxe RT 230x60 mm 2018 Bottoms out before reaching the end of it s stroke...

Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007514
Mobile Version of Website