Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2019 at 7:03 Quote
Mkwarnaar wrote:
Hi folks,

Anyone with a Spectral who can explain why not all of it's stroke is being used when bottoming out? It seems that since last ride my shock is bottoming out before reaching 60mm stroke. Below picture of maximum travel (without little pressure in shock).

RockShox Deluxe RT 230x60 mm 2018 Bottoms out before reaching the end of it s stroke...

Thanks
Have you actually measured the usable stroke? Many shocks put a reducer in the shaft so that you don't use the full stroke. I've had a CCDB air that did this and my pals rockshox does too.

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 at 7:12 Quote
yeti-monster wrote:
Mkwarnaar wrote:
Hi folks,

Anyone with a Spectral who can explain why not all of it's stroke is being used when bottoming out? It seems that since last ride my shock is bottoming out before reaching 60mm stroke. Below picture of maximum travel (without little pressure in shock).

RockShox Deluxe RT 230x60 mm 2018 Bottoms out before reaching the end of it s stroke...

Thanks
Have you actually measured the usable stroke? Many shocks put a reducer in the shaft so that you don't use the full stroke. I've had a CCDB air that did this and my pals rockshox does too.

Yeah this is likely the case. 230x60 shock is actually just a 230x65 with a 5mm spacer in to reduce the travel. Wouldn’t have thought it’s anything to worry about.

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2019 at 7:22 Quote
Thanks guys Smile )

Okaii, yes I read about certain 230x65 shocks that were modified at factories to be setup to only have 60mm of travel. In this case the indication on the shaft reads 60mm, but apparently it only does 54-55 mm.

Will get in touch with Canyon to check if this is the case, just wondering if someone else is experiencing the same.

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2019 at 4:51 Quote
Thanks[/Quote]
Have you actually measured the usable stroke? Many shocks put a reducer in the shaft so that you don't use the full stroke. I've had a CCDB air that did this and my pals rockshox does too.[/Quote]

Yeah this is likely the case. 230x60 shock is actually just a 230x65 with a 5mm spacer in to reduce the travel. Wouldn’t have thought it’s anything to worry about.[/Quote]

UPDATE!

Contacted Canyon and the shock should indeed have the 60mm stroke as indicated. Suggested test was to completely decompress the shock and measure the maximum stroke, by manually loading the bike until bottoming out. At this stage the maximum stroke can be determined. As this is exactly what I did to take above photo and conclude that only 55 of the 60 mm of stroke is available, the rear shock will go back to RockShox asap. Something is wrong...

Posted: Apr 15, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
Hey all! I'm in the position of getting my first ever DJ bike. At just over 6'1' with monkey arms and long legs, I'm wondering if the Stitched 360 L would be a good fit for me? Also, what difference does air vs coil fork do on a DJ bike?
Anything else I should think about, like BB height?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 7:15 Quote
Just ordered a Spectral AL 6.0, delivery the 2nd week on May. Already counting down the days!

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
My Spectral frame has failed again. Two in less than a year at the exact same point. On the weld at the front of the chainstay. Absolutely shite design. Last year they gave some bullshit excuse that the weld temperature was wrong and this caused the crack on early batches. Well guess what, the same thing has happened again and the crack now extends beyond the weld into the chainstay itself. It's obviously a hugely stressed area of the bike.

The bike only was returned to me in August last year. I rode it and raced it at 3 races and then pretty much put it away for the winter. Took it out again about three weeks ago and discovered this today. It's barely been used.

Disgusted that I'm going to be without my race bike for the early part of the season for the second year in a row thanks to Canyon. Well done Canyon.

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
Hello
Did anyone use 44mm Fork in Canyon Strive 2015?
Is it okay with Geo?

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 9:13 Quote
My 11 speed 10-42 sram xd cassette needs replacing on my strive cf. wanting to replace it with something bigger. Options are e-thirteen trs+ 9-46 or do I upgrade to gx 12 speed? Has anyone upgraded to eagle?

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=231000;menu=1000,2,16;pgc%5B66%5D=24532;page=2

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 21:36 Quote
Hi guys! I know this may seem like an odd question, but I was wondering about the “free hub” sound on the strive, I love that loud clicking sound when you let it run! Which model would be the best for me? 5.0 or 6.0... also what suspension is better? The fox or Rockshox? Thank you!!!

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 23:14 Quote
zienio wrote:
Hello
Did anyone use 44mm Fork in Canyon Strive 2015?
Is it okay with Geo?

44mm is the standard offset for a 27.5 fork, it won't affect the geo at all unless you're getting a longer or shorter travel fork.

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 17:32 Quote
Mkwarnaar wrote:
Hi folks,

Thanks

Mine was doing that due to incorrect ifp depth. If you have an ifp inflator attachment, little red thing. Release all pressure in ifp and air can then try to compress. If it compresses all the way, call canyon, they provided me a label to ship the shock wherever I needed for sram to rebuild it, works great now.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
Can anyone tell me what size rear shock bushings i need for a 2016 canyon strive using a monarch rc3 plus rear shock

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 14:37 Quote
humoroususername wrote:
My Spectral frame has failed again. Two in less than a year at the exact same point. On the weld at the front of the chainstay. Absolutely shite design. Last year they gave some bullshit excuse that the weld temperature was wrong and this caused the crack on early batches. Well guess what, the same thing has happened again and the crack now extends beyond the weld into the chainstay itself. It's obviously a hugely stressed area of the bike.

The bike only was returned to me in August last year. I rode it and raced it at 3 races and then pretty much put it away for the winter. Took it out again about three weeks ago and discovered this today. It's barely been used.

Disgusted that I'm going to be without my race bike for the early part of the season for the second year in a row thanks to Canyon. Well done Canyon.

Quick update on this. In fairness to Canyon I have to hand it to their customer service. This has been pretty exceptional.

I notified them of the crack on day I posted above (13 days ago.) It was a bank holiday weekend so they didn't read the message until Tuesday. They sent me a label to return it to the UK and it was collected on Friday. I received a brand new frame back today. Less than 6 days after returning my broken one.

Not only that but they have upgraded me to a CFR frame which has a carbon rear end (and supposedly the front end is manufactured to a higher quality as well) as this was the second occurrence. They also threw in a £50 voucher for the web shop.

That's pretty spectacular in my view. Fair play Canyon, I missed one race but that could have happened with any bike. Hopefully it lasts better this time.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 15:45 Quote
levitronix wrote:
Can anyone tell me what size rear shock bushings i need for a 2016 canyon strive using a monarch rc3 plus rear shock

Top mount is 8 x 31.75
Bottom mount is 8 x 22

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.314502
Mobile Version of Website