Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: May 2, 2019 at 16:20 Quote
Speshrider-78 wrote:
levitronix wrote:
Can anyone tell me what size rear shock bushings i need for a 2016 canyon strive using a monarch rc3 plus rear shock

Top mount is 8 x 31.75
Bottom mount is 8 x 22

super thx for that

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 8:57 Quote
Whats the headset dimensions for 19' spectral 6.0 al

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 0:22 Quote
humoroususername wrote:
Quick update on this. In fairness to Canyon I have to hand it to their customer service. This has been pretty exceptional.

I notified them of the crack on day I posted above (13 days ago.) It was a bank holiday weekend so they didn't read the message until Tuesday. They sent me a label to return it to the UK and it was collected on Friday. I received a brand new frame back today. Less than 6 days after returning my broken one.

Not only that but they have upgraded me to a CFR frame which has a carbon rear end (and supposedly the front end is manufactured to a higher quality as well) as this was the second occurrence. They also threw in a £50 voucher for the web shop.

That's pretty spectacular in my view. Fair play Canyon, I missed one race but that could have happened with any bike. Hopefully it lasts better this time.

That's pretty good, I've just returned to the forum after years to see what peoples experiences were with the Canyon warranty process as I found a massive crack in my chainstay yesterday Frown Hoping I'll get a new chainstay fairly sharpish.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 3:29 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
humoroususername wrote:
Quick update on this. In fairness to Canyon I have to hand it to their customer service. This has been pretty exceptional.

I notified them of the crack on day I posted above (13 days ago.) It was a bank holiday weekend so they didn't read the message until Tuesday. They sent me a label to return it to the UK and it was collected on Friday. I received a brand new frame back today. Less than 6 days after returning my broken one.

Not only that but they have upgraded me to a CFR frame which has a carbon rear end (and supposedly the front end is manufactured to a higher quality as well) as this was the second occurrence. They also threw in a £50 voucher for the web shop.

That's pretty spectacular in my view. Fair play Canyon, I missed one race but that could have happened with any bike. Hopefully it lasts better this time.

That's pretty good, I've just returned to the forum after years to see what peoples experiences were with the Canyon warranty process as I found a massive crack in my chainstay yesterday Frown Hoping I'll get a new chainstay fairly sharpish.

I'd be surprised if they don't give you a full frame rather than just the chainstay

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 0:48 Quote
Guys,

I have a 2015 Spectral CF, just had the bearings replaced with a kit from MB Bearings. There's play in the new rocker bearings, MAX 7901-V-2RS, checked that the spacer is there and they are the correct way round, Blue seals are outbound.

The factroy bearings are , Pure Cycling 7901-V-2RD, I've read somewhere that these are canyons own bearings.

Anyone had issues replacing the rocker bearings on the spectral CF with none factory bearings?

I'm guessing that it is the issue i had them replace with a full kit from Canyon last time round and had no issues.

Mike.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 4:49 Quote
Hi Guys,

I have a dilemma!

Right now there are 2 bikes for the same price 2.2k USD:

1) Canyon Spectral AL 6.0 2018 size M directly from Canyon website with guarantee.

2) YT Jeffsy CF Two 2017 size L with some upgrades second hand without guarantee.

I'm looking for something faster and I'm ~ 180cm or 5'11.

Both are very good offer I believe, however, in case of Spectral my doubt is the size - whether size M will be good for me (longer stem is the option?) ? And in case of Jeffsy - it is used 2-years-old carbon frame so no assurance that it will not brake soon or there is a hidden problem.

Please, share your insights - what would you prefer ?

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 9:25 Quote
I'm the same height as you and I wouldn't be happy on anything smaller than a Large Spectral for stability while racing. Not that it's unstable or anything but as bikes go it's not particularly rangy in terms of reach or wheelbase. I'd definitely go new if the money is similar. Warranty is worth everything on these bikes. I've had warranty issues on my three YTs and two Canyons.

Canyon were infinitely better than YT to deal with when I had problems.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
humoroususername wrote:
I'm the same height as you and I wouldn't be happy on anything smaller than a Large Spectral for stability while racing. Not that it's unstable or anything but as bikes go it's not particularly rangy in terms of reach or wheelbase. I'd definitely go new if the money is similar. Warranty is worth everything on these bikes. I've had warranty issues on my three YTs and two Canyons.

Thanks for an advise!
May you share - what kind of issues did you have? Broken frame of components?

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 15:36 Quote
dskorikov wrote:
humoroususername wrote:

Thanks for an advise!
May you share - what kind of issues did you have? Broken frame of components?

Two cracked Capra frames covered under warranty and eventually a stone chip caused a total frame failure on the third one which they wouldn't cover under warranty, as they claimed it was crash damage even though the stone chip that they say caused it was tiny.

The chainstay failed twice on the Spectral but they claim it's fixed now and that my first replacement frame was actually also an early faulty model rather than the updated one. I'd imagine it is fixed or else they will be losing tonnes of money replacing everyone's frame.

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 7:51 Quote
I would definately go with the Spectral in size Large for you...it's a blaster! and warranty...it's always warranty...better to have it and don't need it.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 2:54 Quote
humoroususername wrote:

I'd be surprised if they don't give you a full frame rather than just the chainstay

I'd be happy with either, I sent them a message on Thursday night so hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 9:13 Quote
Thank you all for advices! Why I came up with such question is because I purchased Canyon Strive 2016 recently on GX goupset, Pike RC and Monarch and 2.4 tyres with 30T chainring. Which is very good machine, but after Cannondale Scalpel...it's just incredibly slow for me (I realised that it's made for different purpose, but I didn't expect such a difference) :/

Maybe there is a way to speed it up somehow? 2.2 tyres and perhaps 34 chainring? It's just would be muuuch more easier solution than looking for a new bike.

Have a nice MTB journeys to everyone!

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 17:42 Quote
Just unboxed my new 2019 Canyon Strive CF 6.0! I’m 6’0 and ordered a large, I had previously been on a Commencal Meta AM 4.2 in a large and this bike is a quite a bit larger. Not in a bad way it feels right for my height... Anyways I’m looking forward to getting out on it tomorrow to see how it rides and how it compares to the Meta. I have been suffering on climbs on that bike so hopefully this will be better ????

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 0:25 Quote
dskorikov wrote:
Thank you all for advices! Why I came up with such question is because I purchased Canyon Strive 2016 recently on GX goupset, Pike RC and Monarch and 2.4 tyres with 30T chainring. Which is very good machine, but after Cannondale Scalpel...it's just incredibly slow for me (I realised that it's made for different purpose, but I didn't expect such a difference) :/

Maybe there is a way to speed it up somehow? 2.2 tyres and perhaps 34 chainring? It's just would be muuuch more easier solution than looking for a new bike.

Have a nice MTB journeys to everyone!

The chainring won't make any difference, but a lighter set of narrower faster tyres will make the bike feel like a very different beast. I'd try that first.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017864
Mobile Version of Website