Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 7:45 Quote
Ok the verdict is in. Canyon are arranging return of the bike (no mention of replacing parts, just return the whole thing).

More interestingly is I spoke to Ian (Nice guy) on Canyon chat, he said and I quote "yes just had a quick look - I've seen effects of carbon layering before (i've got it on my bike) but i've not seen anything as bad as the one on your bike"

So whilst it is acceptable to a degree it shouldn't be as bad as what I posted up. Anyway, Canyon collecting the bike tomorrow and refund within 2 days. Ian said if I order again he will take care of me and get me free shipping and some little extras.

Just want to say Thanks to all those who helped with info & pics, really appreciate it.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 8:46 Quote
Anyone tried fitting a different shock to their '19 Strive yet?
Allegedly a shock with the same eye to eye but different stroke can be used to increase the travel a little bit, but I haven't seen any real-world examples yet.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 9:09 Quote
bleeps wrote:
Allegedly a shock with the same eye to eye but different stroke can be used to increase the travel a little bit, but I haven't seen any real-world examples yet.

Was wondering the same, the current model uses 230x60 so a 230x65 would give between 10 and 12.5mm of extra travel depending on what the leverage ratio is at the end of the stroke. Only real issue would tyre frame contact at bottom out. They did the same thing with this year's spectral, bumped up the travel with the longer stroke shock option.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 5:22 Quote
Can any Torque owners provide any guidance on sizing? I'm 5'10"/178cm and am unsure if I should go with the Medium or the Large. Will almost exclusively ride the bike in the park so uphill isn't really a concern. Leaning towards the medium, but want to see if anyone with experience thinks otherwise. Thanks

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
bleeps wrote:

I've heard rumors that the ews team were doing it..

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
JoshParsons87 wrote:
Can any Torque owners provide any guidance on sizing? I'm 5'10"/178cm and am unsure if I should go with the Medium or the Large. Will almost exclusively ride the bike in the park so uphill isn't really a concern. Leaning towards the medium, but want to see if anyone with experience thinks otherwise. Thanks

I'm 5'10" as well and went with a medium bike. That's what Canyon recommended. It fits me pretty well and is quite agile. I guess a large would be better suited for racing and faster stuff

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
nicoSB wrote:
bleeps wrote:

I've heard rumors that the ews team were doing it..

Found this --> Ines saying that her bike has 160mm travel at the back so that might be because of a longer stroke shock?

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 8:11 Quote
Anyone know what the dang heck this is? I found it on the floor whilst working on my mate's Canyon Strive, but can't seem to find where it might fit. (Can't say it's definitely from this bike)

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 23:54 Quote
anyone managed to replace pivot bolts on a 2018 AL Torque, looking for some red ones

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 15:12 Quote
TWiegel wrote:
JoshParsons87 wrote:

I'm 5'10" as well and went with a medium bike. That's what Canyon recommended. It fits me pretty well and is quite agile. I guess a large would be better suited for racing and faster stuff

Same, I'm 5'10", I bought a medium after demo-ing one and then a quick try on a large, which immediately felt too big. My brother bought a large, he's over 6'.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 6:33 Quote
I just purchased a 2019 Strive 6.0. So far love the bike. BUT, I sheared the bolt on the rocker pivot yesterday. Hard landing, but nothing that this bike shouldn't handle. Anyone else heard of this problem?

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 22:08 Quote
Anyone know the fork offset on the new 2019 Strive? Can't find anything on the Canyon Au website.

From digging around online I found Pinkbike, Bike Mag & Singletrack all specified 42mm (Rockshox) & 44mm (Fox) in their reviews.

Thought I'd double check with Cayon Au and their response was as follows:

"Hi Jeremy,
The fork offset on the 2019 Strive is 44mm on Rockshox forks and 46mm on Fox forks and is the same regardless of travel.
If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know."

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 22:47 Quote
jforjeremy wrote:
Anyone know the fork offset on the new 2019 Strive? Can't find anything on the Canyon Au website.

From digging around online I found Pinkbike, Bike Mag & Singletrack all specified 42mm (Rockshox) & 44mm (Fox) in their reviews.

Thought I'd double check with Cayon Au and their response was as follows:

"Hi Jeremy,
The fork offset on the 2019 Strive is 44mm on Rockshox forks and 46mm on Fox forks and is the same regardless of travel.
If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know."

Heard back from Canyon. Original info on Pinkbike, Bike Mag & Singletrack was based off an incorrect press release.

2019 Strive offset is 44mm on Rockshox forks and 46mm on Fox forks

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 23:15 Quote
Hi jforjeremy

I have a 2019 CF 7 Strive. Pretty sure the the 36mm fox fork is 44mm offset.

Fox don't list a 46mm offset for this fork, just 44mm.

I will check my fork when I get back home in the next couple of days, and let you know.

Rob

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 23:32 Quote
robwoodyow wrote:
Hi jforjeremy

I have a 2019 CF 7 Strive. Pretty sure the the 36mm fox fork is 44mm offset.

Fox don't list a 46mm offset for this fork, just 44mm.

I will check my fork when I get back home in the next couple of days, and let you know.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks, much appreciated!

I just checked and Rockshox don't do a 44mm offset on the Lyrik as stated.

My Strive is on it's way and i want to upgrade to a 170mm fork.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035395
Mobile Version of Website