Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 18:41 Quote
jforjeremy wrote:
robwoodyow wrote:
Hi jforjeremy

I have a 2019 CF 7 Strive. Pretty sure the the 36mm fox fork is 44mm offset.

Fox don't list a 46mm offset for this fork, just 44mm.

I will check my fork when I get back home in the next couple of days, and let you know.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks, much appreciated!

I just checked and Rockshox don't do a 44mm offset on the Lyrik as stated.

My Strive is on it's way and i want to upgrade to a 170mm fork.

Had an online chat with Canyon, they had mixed up the measurements for Rockshox/Fox in the previous email response.

It's 46mm for Rockshox and 44mm for Fox, which makes much more sense.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 12:41 Quote
So I have my money together for the Spectral AL5.0 SHould I go for it or wait a lil longer and get the AL6.0?
Are the upgrades worth it?

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 0:11 Quote
hey folks,

just back from first big park road trip with my 2018 Torque CF 9.0 in this lovely purple colour Smile
I´m loving this bike! Because I´m tall and around 95KG ready to ride I´ve replaced the Code R after the trip now with to MT7 just to fulfill my needs and also FOX upgraded my 2018 X2 to the 2019 version to have 300 PSI instead of the 250.
Now everything is sick as hell Smile

if you have some minutes, enjoy the ride Smile

First stop was bikepark Winterberg, germany:

second stop was in bikeparkSerfaus / Fiss / Ladis, Austria:

third stop was in the bike republic sölden, Austria:

and our last stop was in bikepark Leogang, austria:

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 3:00 Quote
El-Mustachio wrote:
So I have my money together for the Spectral AL5.0 SHould I go for it or wait a lil longer and get the AL6.0?
Are the upgrades worth it?

not knowing your riding skills and plans what you want to do with the bike, the upgrade to 6.0 is worth from my point of view, better breaks, better rims, better rear shock etc. Smile i would wait and go for the 6.0

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 1:26 Quote
I guys,

I need to replace the main pivot bearings of my 2016 spectral AL. I’ve been searching online for the 7901-V-2RD (#3 of the link below) reference and the results show an angular bearing. I was trying to buy the bearings locally, I’m from Portugal, but the local shop gave me a different option SKF 61901 2RS.
I went checking and this bearing isn’t angular therefore I’m not sure if it will perform as suppose. Can someone give some advice?

https://www.canyon.com/on/demandware.static/-/Library-Sites-canyon-shared/default/dwc57a9bab/explosiondrawings/2016/spectral/M17-16_BOM_ts.pdf

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 9:50 Quote
Caparzo wrote:
I guys,

I need to replace the main pivot bearings of my 2016 spectral AL. I’ve been searching online for the 7901-V-2RD (#3 of the link below) reference and the results show an angular bearing. I was trying to buy the bearings locally, I’m from Portugal, but the local shop gave me a different option SKF 61901 2RS.
I went checking and this bearing isn’t angular therefore I’m not sure if it will perform as suppose. Can someone give some advice?

https://www.canyon.com/on/demandware.static/-/Library-Sites-canyon-shared/default/dwc57a9bab/explosiondrawings/2016/spectral/M17-16_BOM_ts.pdf

61901 is a deep groove ball bearing which works slightly differently to an angular contact bearing (which still has ball bearings).

You want a 71901 which is the high precision angular contact bearing from SKF such as:

https://www.skf.com/my/products/bearings-units-housings/super-precision-bearings/angular-contact-ball-bearings/acbb-skf-high-and-super-precision/index.html?designation=S71901%20CD/HC&unit=metricUnit

Also available as an option here:

https://www.bike24.com/p2177038.html

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 6:12 Quote
What chain guide/bash guard will fit on the CF spectral frames? It doesn't look like it has the ICGS mounts. Anyone have a direct mount recommendation?

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 7:04 Quote
Habaden wrote:
What chain guide/bash guard will fit on the CF spectral frames? It doesn't look like it has the ICGS mounts. Anyone have a direct mount recommendation?

You can get new main pivot cap with bosses to allow fitment of a chain guide from Canyon. I have one fitted on my bike which is paired with a Zippa Lite E-Type guide.

If you want a bash guard I think you must go with the ICSG-adaptor clamp solution. A quick google search show that Csixx sells these ---> https://global.csixx.com/products/iscg-adapter-clamp

I hope this helps :-)

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 7:14 Quote
Tiltmeister wrote:
Habaden wrote:

You can get new main pivot cap with bosses to allow fitment of a chain guide from Canyon. I have one fitted on my bike which is paired with a Zippa Lite E-Type guide.

If you want a bash guard I think you must go with the ICSG-adaptor clamp solution. A quick google search show that Csixx sells these ---> https://global.csixx.com/products/iscg-adapter-clamp

I hope this helps :-)

Thank you so much!

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 15:55 Quote
jforjeremy wrote:

Hi Rob,

Hey mate, have a 2019 Strive CF 6.0 on the way and was thinking of upping the fork travel to 170mm also.

Previous bike had a 66HTA as well and got a bit nervous at speed. Will obviously have to wait and see how the canyon rides first, but was thinking of trying a longer fork if it feels too steep at the front. Gotta plan my upgrades well in advance so the wife doesn't find out Wink

Does the 2019 frame take an angleset? I'm guessing not as it looks like an integrated headset in the pics but figured I'd ask around

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 5:17 Quote
trust-the-process wrote:
jforjeremy wrote:

Hi Rob,

Hey mate, have a 2019 Strive CF 6.0 on the way and was thinking of upping the fork travel to 170mm also.

Previous bike had a 66HTA as well and got a bit nervous at speed. Will obviously have to wait and see how the canyon rides first, but was thinking of trying a longer fork if it feels too steep at the front. Gotta plan my upgrades well in advance so the wife doesn't find out Wink

Does the 2019 frame take an angleset? I'm guessing not as it looks like an integrated headset in the pics but figured I'd ask around

Hey mate, also just ordered the same bike
Upping the travel on lyriks is a simple air spring job, here in Aus it's like a $50au part.
On the fox it's about $500
One of the reasons I chose the cheaper rockshox model, yew!

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 7:39 Quote
Odd, just removed a 10mm spacer from my 36s and upped my travel for free.

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 9:34 Quote
yeti-monster wrote:
as far as I'm aware just adding/removing a spacer is possible for models up to and including 2017. 36s from 18 onwards require a full airshaft change. It's a shame.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 21:23 Quote
Kickmehard wrote:
yeti-monster wrote:
as far as I'm aware just adding/removing a spacer is possible for models up to and including 2017. 36s from 18 onwards require a full airshaft change. It's a shame.

Yep, and if I read correctly the other day they must have listened to the consumer about the stupidity because for 2020 onwards it's back to being an easy change. Fox are just off the mark in so many ways for the price of their product.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 3:30 Quote
Just finished prep my bikes for a few weeks in the alps!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015285
Mobile Version of Website