Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 5:07 Quote
Great posts and thanks for all the info guys and gals.
I would like to please know if anyone has any info/experience putting a coil shock on a 2019 Strive?? I want to put a cane creek inline coil on my CF.
Canyon’s response was ‘don’t know we haven’t researched clearance for coil shocks’.
Thanks in advance,Tim

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 7:13 Quote
Hi, guys, do somebody knows what's up with the Chat at Canyon´s website? it`s been offline for several days now... and I´m overseas to phone them it's too expensive.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
i-ride-beastly wrote:
Enlakesh wrote:
Today I had test my Spectral CF at forest trails around Oslo.
The bike is awesome! Excellent climbing and also enduro descents, BUT noticed that I very often beat stones, roots by pedals and cranks. The length of the crank is 170mm and space to the surface is about just 2-3cm. I have to try to increase pressure in a rear shocker, maybe it is a reason of law BBs. Are there other ways to solve it?

Thx!

photo

Don't have an answer to your question, but I sure do wish they sold that build kit with the carbon frame in the US!

Also, this might be silly, but has anyone thought about putting a float x2 on the spectral? How do you think it'd ride?

photo

*Not my bike or photo, and sorry for the quick photoshop

try this forum, one guy did it

https://forums.mtbr.com/canyon/2018-spectral-owners-thread-1070659-3.html

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 4:22 Quote
2019 Canyon Strive CF 8.0 Review While Riding

A bike review from a different perspective. I'm probably the least qualified to do a bike review... but maybe that's what makes my thoughts valuable to others like me -- new to the mtb scene, looking for their first full suspension bike.

I decided to take my GoPro on yesterday's ride.

#notapro #justlearning #onebikequiver #notsponsored

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 2:13 Quote
Here's my 2019 Spectral CFR... I came from an Ibis Mojo 3.. Big difference. After a couple long rides I have mixed feelings though.. Bike handles really well but the frame could be a bit stiffer... One other thing which really bothers me is the cable routing. The dropper post cable really rubs at the location where it enters the frame. Pretty dissapointed in this. It's 2019. Cable rub is something we had on our BMX bike back in 1995... Look at most other brands. Canyon should have done a better job on this.

photo

photo

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 4:06 Quote
DutchmanPhotos wrote:
Here's my 2019 Spectral CFR... I came from an Ibis Mojo 3.. Big difference. After a couple long rides I have mixed feelings though.. Bike handles really well but the frame could be a bit stiffer... One other thing which really bothers me is the cable routing. The dropper post cable really rubs at the location where it enters the frame. Pretty dissapointed in this. It's 2019. Cable rub is something we had on our BMX bike back in 1995... Look at most other brands. Canyon should have done a better job on this.

photo

photo

Looks amazing!

what do you find not stiff enough, the front or the back or both ?

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 5:56 Quote
@nicoSB

The rear end....

I rode Nico Vink’s Ransom a while ago. That bike felt amazing compared to the Spectral..

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 3:43 Quote
DutchmanPhotos wrote:
@nicoSB

The rear end....

I rode Nico Vink’s Ransom a while ago. That bike felt amazing compared to the Spectral..

Not really in the same category though..

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 10:53 Quote
That’s an absolute fact you have there, haha!

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 1:06 Quote
Hi guys, I'm looking at getting a Canyon Stitched 720 whilst they're on sale but I'm wondering if it would be possible to convert it to 9 speed. I have an old 9 speed drivechain setup which I think adding to the bike could make it such a fun little machine! I know there are a few companies that make rear dropout mech hangers so that shouldn't be an issue but I'm wondering whether I could run the standard cranks/chainring and pair it with my 9 spd close ratio cassette without any issues? Any help appreciated, cheers!

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
Anybody have a swingarm for a CF Canyon Sender? Blue would be amazing! Stripped bolt and Canyon say buy a new frame. I disagree!

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 14:10 Quote
Have just ordered a medium 2019 Strive. What are people using for frame protection? I was hoping to get an invisiframe kit but they don't have one for the medium frame size yet.

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 0:32 Quote
dpresling wrote:
Have just ordered a medium 2019 Strive. What are people using for frame protection? I was hoping to get an invisiframe kit but they don't have one for the medium frame size yet.
The invisiframe kit just comes on a large sheet of 3M heli tape.
You can pick the same up in various widths from Ebay. Just trim the edges

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 10:36 Quote
I just got some 3m clear bra and its a easy install , trim to fit.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 22:57 Quote
dpresling wrote:

I just got some stuff from dyedbro in the interim, but it appears that RideWrap have a Medium option now, they didn't a little while back.

https://www.ridewrap.ca/products/canyon-frame-protection-kit-tailored/

Let us know how you get on!

Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022126
Mobile Version of Website