Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 0:56 Quote
trust-the-process wrote:
dpresling wrote:
Have just ordered a medium 2019 Strive. What are people using for frame protection? I was hoping to get an invisiframe kit but they don't have one for the medium frame size yet.

I just got some stuff from dyedbro in the interim, but it appears that RideWrap have a Medium option now, they didn't a little while back.

https://www.ridewrap.ca/products/canyon-frame-protection-kit-tailored/

Let us know how you get on!

Cheers

Thanks for the tips everybody. I can see myself mucking up a self cut kit so I've ordered the ridewrap one. Will post pics once the bike and wraps arrive.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 10:18 Quote
Hey everyone,
I just bought a used 2015 Canyon spectral frame that did not come with headset bearings. Hoping someone could shed some light regarding what size bearings it requires. The ones I have laying around don't fit.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 2:36 Quote
Hello everyone, I am thinking about buying a Canyon Strive CF 5.0 2019. I'm coming off of a 120mm cross country bike, and I'm really hoping the shapeshifter will soften the blow to 160mm a little bit. What do you think? And what is your experience with the shapeshifter? Thanks!

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 3:52 Quote
customcyclesonline wrote:
Hey everyone,
I just bought a used 2015 Canyon spectral frame that did not come with headset bearings. Hoping someone could shed some light regarding what size bearings it requires. The ones I have laying around don't fit.

https://blue.canecreek.com/headset-fit-finder

Here u go

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 4:24 Quote
lolimpol wrote:
Hello everyone, I am thinking about buying a Canyon Strive CF 5.0 2019. I'm coming off of a 120mm cross country bike, and I'm really hoping the shapeshifter will soften the blow to 160mm a little bit. What do you think? And what is your experience with the shapeshifter? Thanks!

I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I have read almost every review and comparison out there. From what those have said the shapeshifter will in fact do what you need. People with earlier versions might disagree because those had reliability issues and the shapeshifter lever was not in as good of a position as the 2019.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 14:53 Quote
Strive 2019 owners - how tall are you and what size did you go for? I'm 178cm and having second thoughts about having ordered the Medium. Canyon suggest I'm right in the middle of the Medium size range but I've been reading a bunch of other reviews of people my same height saying the large was spot on for them. Comparing geometry to other manufacturers suggest I'd be better off with a Large also.

Who has one and what size did you go with for your height?

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 15:33 Quote
I'm 175cm and I feel the medium is just right. I know if I was any shorter I'd have to swap out the dropper post.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 15:37 Quote
steve680 wrote:
I'm 175cm and I feel the medium is just right. I know if I was any shorter I'd have to swap out the dropper post.
Thats good to hear, i'm 174cm and Canyon has me as a small and the geometry is so short on it I was second guessing it.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 15:39 Quote
dpresling wrote:
Strive 2019 owners - how tall are you and what size did you go for? I'm 178cm and having second thoughts about having ordered the Medium. Canyon suggest I'm right in the middle of the Medium size range but I've been reading a bunch of other reviews of people my same height saying the large was spot on for them. Comparing geometry to other manufacturers suggest I'd be better off with a Large also.

I reckon the size charts are pretty unclear, as bikes with similar reach values and geo seem to have a larger size range. I think you will be fine on the large. I'm 180cm so I'm right in the middle, but I tested the large and it fits quite well.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 15:55 Quote
millhousemtb wrote:
dpresling wrote:

I reckon the size charts are pretty unclear, as bikes with similar reach values and geo seem to have a larger size range. I think you will be fine on the large. I'm 180cm so I'm right in the middle, but I tested the large and it fits quite well.

Thanks. I've spoken to Canyon and confirmed I have 30 days to organise a return for sizing issues so I think I'll be sending the medium back and replacing it with a large straight away.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 17:39 Quote
Hey guys I got my Canyon Strive 8.0 this week and I am having trouble setting the sag. I have the DPx2 Shock with 65mm of stroke. I am shooting for 18mm of sag. I am 193lbs. I have the shock up to 265psi and it is still over 30% sag. What are you guys running?

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 20:01 Quote
I'm 5'8" and measure 32" grundle to ground. A medium Strive fits me perfectly with the dropper post slammed all the way in but extended all the way. The website suggested a small for me. I was worried I wouldn't be able to fully insert the dropper post based on the websites geometry measurements but it fit just fine.

Anyone have issues with their shapeshifter cover falling off? Mine seems to come loose easily and fell off while I was at the downhill park. Had to back track for a little bit to find it.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 1:10 Quote
dpresling wrote:
millhousemtb wrote:
dpresling wrote:

Thanks. I've spoken to Canyon and confirmed I have 30 days to organise a return for sizing issues so I think I'll be sending the medium back and replacing it with a large straight away.

I’m also 178 and have a medium Strive CF6, it’s basically a bit bigger than my previous Evil Wreckoning, which was perfect. The Canyon feels spot on. I’d suggest riding it before sending it back.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 14:58 Quote
ipaman wrote:
Hey guys I got my Canyon Strive 8.0 this week and I am having trouble setting the sag. I have the DPx2 Shock with 65mm of stroke. I am shooting for 18mm of sag. I am 193lbs. I have the shock up to 265psi and it is still over 30% sag. What are you guys running?
Same issue I had with the float x2. Came down to the evol can and the position of the neg air detent within. I 'downgraded' the can to the older version and could set the sag where I wanted.
Is there a specific reason why you want the lower sag? Mine was for pedal clearance issues and having to run the shock at max pressure.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 22:56 Quote
Hey, anyone sell a spectral al 2017 front triangle in large?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009815
Mobile Version of Website