Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 4:57 Quote
[Quote="Yahh"][Quote="dpresling"][Quote="millhousemtb"]

I'm 179 cm and large fits perfect.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 12:00 Quote
Guys with the Cf8 strive do you find the carbon wheelset and carbon bike combo OK? Like it's not harsh?

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 1:04 Quote
Strive 2019, how do you remove the bushes etc from the top of the Fox DPX2 to flip the shock. Reason the piggy back shiock snags on my bike carrier and I'd like to stiffen it up for the climbs via the blue knob

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 5:51 Quote
dpresling wrote:
Strive 2019 owners - how tall are you and what size did you go for? I'm 178cm and having second thoughts about having ordered the Medium. Canyon suggest I'm right in the middle of the Medium size range but I've been reading a bunch of other reviews of people my same height saying the large was spot on for them. Comparing geometry to other manufacturers suggest I'd be better off with a Large also.

Who has one and what size did you go with for your height?

Also 178, got a medium. Is perfect

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 5:17 Quote
Just ordered a Strive 2019 CFR Frameset. I cant find any information about the headset dimensions or if it come with one already installed. Does anyone know?

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 3:22 Quote
ipaman wrote:
Hey guys I got my Canyon Strive 8.0 this week and I am having trouble setting the sag. I have the DPx2 Shock with 65mm of stroke. I am shooting for 18mm of sag. I am 193lbs. I have the shock up to 265psi and it is still over 30% sag. What are you guys running?

Stroke should be 60mm dude. It may be a 65mm stroke shock with a 5mm spacer to restrict it

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 3:07 Quote
Anybody thinking about coil shock on 2019 Strive?

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 6:57 Quote
hey there!

New to the group, is anyone about 6ft 4" (193cm) and running an XL Strive 6.0? just curious to how it fits

Thanks

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 2:27 Quote
Received this in the post a few days ago. After seeing some horror stories about Canyon's delivery I was very happy to receive it after only 4 days! Frame seems well designed and welds look strong. I chucked a slightly taller bar on along with some scabby lock ons and pedals for its maiden voyage and it does ride well! It is on the smaller side for me at 6ft 1 but a slightly taller bar again pushed forward slightly should sort that. Looks so good out of the box! Possibly looking at getting some DMR mech hanger chain tugs and trying gears on it for a 4x style set up to make it a bit more versatile. It's a Canyon Stitched 720 Pro:
2019 Canyon Stitched 720
2019 Canyon Stitched 720

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 17:01 Quote
chris-pagan wrote:
hey there!

New to the group, is anyone about 6ft 4" (193cm) and running an XL Strive 6.0? just curious to how it fits

Thanks

6'2" and bought an XL, haven't had it on trail as I just got it in yesterday! But riding around the parking lot it is AMAZING! Have an XL honzo and the strive feels bigger which I like.

Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 4:58 Quote
What is your inseam?

I'm 187.5 w/32" inseam and the site says Med for a Strive CF8.

I've been on a Lrg in Stumpjumper and Enduro frames (2017 models) and I can fit on mediums using a 70mm stem.

churchburner wrote:
dpresling wrote:
Strive 2019 owners - how tall are you and what size did you go for? I'm 178cm and having second thoughts about having ordered the Medium. Canyon suggest I'm right in the middle of the Medium size range but I've been reading a bunch of other reviews of people my same height saying the large was spot on for them. Comparing geometry to other manufacturers suggest I'd be better off with a Large also.

Who has one and what size did you go with for your height?

Also 178, got a medium. Is perfect

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 8:22 Quote
Emt90 wrote:
chris-pagan wrote:
hey there!

Thanks

6'2" and bought an XL, haven't had it on trail as I just got it in yesterday! But riding around the parking lot it is AMAZING! Have an XL honzo and the strive feels bigger which I like.

Thanks man, i bought an XL ordered a few uprated parts so will ride it soon, but felt good in the car park as well!

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
New Bike Waiting for some new parts before riding it

My new (used) 2016 Canyon Strive 6.0 AL!

In getting some parts at the LBS will upload a better photo when my new parts are on.

Can't wait to ride it!

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:05 Quote
Does anyone have a guide for how much psi should be in the rear shock for varies weights?

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
chris-pagan wrote:
Does anyone have a guide for how much psi should be in the rear shock for varies weights?

If you have the monarch it requires a fair bit of pressure. I'm 80kg and have 270psi with no bottomless bands or 260 with 4 bands in. Just put it in DH mode and aim for 30% sag and test it out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014226
Mobile Version of Website