Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Apr 21, 2015 at 8:49 Quote
veskox wrote:
i have a canyon strive al 6.0 and yesterday i replace my gear shifter and i surprised that the cable in frame are naked but my biggest surprise is the cable is cross each other inside the frame, only my is like that or this is normal

the same here. mine is a strive cf 8.0 Smile

Posted: Apr 21, 2015 at 12:09 Quote
phaysom wrote:
lukethain wrote:
jakebeach1996 wrote:

Oh really, was starting to think I was the only one with problems!

What sort of problems have you had with your previous ones?

Yeah I thought it was just me too. It all started when I noticed the shapeshifter hadn't fully extended back into xc mode. So like you I went to check the air pressure, when I connected the pump a load of oil came out of the air valve then it just when from xc mode to dh mode with out using the remote. So basically un-rideable. The first unit lasted one ride, the second unit maybe two rides now onto the third unit 3 weeks of fairly hard riding xc and dh stuff and I'm not convinced this one isn't on the way out. Should be 15mm of the piston showing when fully extended and I've just measured it at 10mm.

All - don't be too hasty here! My shapeshifter was a bit sloppy but turns out the cable just needed tightening. Also a top tip is to remove the plastic ferrel between the outer cable and the tension adjuster on the handlebar lever. I did that and now it is working fast and smooth.

Nice one, thanks for the tip about removing the plastic ferrel I'll give that a go. Cable tension is ok but I'll try taking the ferrel out.

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 4:03 Quote
I've got a Spectral AL 8 EX, had it for about 7 weeks and loving it. Like someone else said climbs really well. Has anyone had any issues with the Pike creaking? Read on another forum the Pike RC3 can be prone to this with a problem with either the stanchion crown interface or the steerer crown causing this?

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 7:54 Quote
Can anyone settle an argument for me please. A few days ago my friend's brand new Canyon Strive AL arrived. It's a 'Small' size because he's vertically challenged Smile

On looking at it I can't help thinking it's a 2014 model ( because the triangular section between the seat post and top crossbar is SOLID unlike the pictures of 2015 models which seem to have this section hollowed out)

Any ideas?

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 8:58 Quote
BMG68 wrote:
Can anyone settle an argument for me please. A few days ago my friend's brand new Canyon Strive AL arrived. It's a 'Small' size because he's vertically challenged Smile

On looking at it I can't help thinking it's a 2014 model ( because the triangular section between the seat post and top crossbar is SOLID unlike the pictures of 2015 models which seem to have this section hollowed out)

Any ideas?
2014 Strive was a completely different bike, the triangle is most likely a peculiar thing in the S size (some other models don't even have it in the smaller size)

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 9:27 Quote
BMG68 wrote:

Any ideas?

Does it look like this?

http://www.mtb-check.com/fr/canyon-strive-al-8-0-race/

If not it is a 2015 one.

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 9:30 Quote
BMG68 wrote:

Any ideas?

The smalls come with a solid brace where as the medium, and above all come like what you see in the pictures.

Also as said above, the 2014 Strive was a totaly different bike

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 15:13 Quote
MrFullSwing wrote:
I've got a Spectral AL 8 EX, had it for about 7 weeks and loving it. Like someone else said climbs really well. Has anyone had any issues with the Pike creaking? Read on another forum the Pike RC3 can be prone to this with a problem with either the stanchion crown interface or the steerer crown causing this?

yeah ive heard a few stories about the stations coming loose from the steerer and have had 2 friends who have theres replaced under warranty for this exact issue

Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 2:20 Quote
mrcoley wrote:
MrFullSwing wrote:

yeah ive heard a few stories about the stations coming loose from the steerer and have had 2 friends who have theres replaced under warranty for this exact issue

Lubed everything yesterday before riding last night and no change. Doesn't effect performance just really annoying! On the plus side slower riders could hear me coming and moved out the way Wink

Emailed Canyon yesterday, can send them back estimated 2-5 weeks Cry Cry

Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 6:15 Quote
Hi guys,
Just got my Canyon Strive CF 9.0 Race, FINALLY, after ordering it back in August. Definitely worth the wait though.
I had 2 delays on the bike sadly. Canyon said I would get a free Aero Wedge Pack Strap and a Mini 18+ Folding tool (both from Topeak I assume) after the first one and a pair of Oakley Fuel Cell sunglasses for the second delay.
None of these items were in the box with the bike.
My question is have any of you guys recieved your "gifts" for the delays at a later date?

Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 6:49 Quote
Hydro390 wrote:
Hi guys,
Just got my Canyon Strive CF 9.0 Race, FINALLY, after ordering it back in August. Definitely worth the wait though.
I had 2 delays on the bike sadly. Canyon said I would get a free Aero Wedge Pack Strap and a Mini 18+ Folding tool (both from Topeak I assume) after the first one and a pair of Oakley Fuel Cell sunglasses for the second delay.
My question is have any of you guys recieved your "gifts" for the delays at a later date?

These compensation items normally come in a separate package with a separate delivery date. If you mail Canyon they can figure out what is wrong and why you have not received them.

Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 7:05 Quote
maartenv wrote:
Hydro390 wrote:
Hi guys,

I actually received my 'gifts' weeks ago and still no sign of my bike :/
These compensation items normally come in a separate package with a separate delivery date. If you mail Canyon they can figure out what is wrong and why you have not received them.

Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 22:51 Quote
So my canyon strive al 7.0 race was supposed to be delivered last week (week 16). I mailed them a couple of days before last delivery day and they said they did not expect anny delay.
After not hearing from them untill last tuesday i called them why my bike has not been deliverd or posted yet. They Said they dont know why and they would find out and mail me.
Wednesday i mailed them and they didnt have an answer yet.
Yesterday i called them again and they said delivery had been postponed with 4 weeks.
so they postponed delivery with 4 weeks and i had to find out by myself a week after the original date?!? They didn't even bother to mail or call me about it.
I directly cancelled my order the same phone call.

Now its time to start looking for another brand.

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 2:34 Quote
Hi Guys,
I own 2015 strive cf 8. On descents I feel I'm too forward to the bike. Should I change the stock stem or handle bar(this has 15mm rise) or both. Any advice. Thanks.

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 3:09 Quote
rusmar1316 wrote:
Hi Guys,
I own 2015 strive cf 8. On descents I feel I'm too forward to the bike. Should I change the stock stem or handle bar(this has 15mm rise) or both. Any advice. Thanks.

I raised the bars 10mm on my bike as I was also feeling too far over the front, I was surprised at how big a difference 10mm made, the bike felt much better

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011819
Mobile Version of Website