Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 18:34 Quote
churchburner wrote:
dpresling wrote:
Strive 2019 owners - how tall are you and what size did you go for? I'm 178cm and having second thoughts about having ordered the Medium. Canyon suggest I'm right in the middle of the Medium size range but I've been reading a bunch of other reviews of people my same height saying the large was spot on for them. Comparing geometry to other manufacturers suggest I'd be better off with a Large also.

Who has one and what size did you go with for your height?

Also 178, got a medium. Is perfect

First ride done and dusted - a quick 5km loop with a bit of everything. This bike is awesome!

There were a couple of times I thought a bit more reach would be perfect but on the whole a medium is a pretty good fit for 178cm. I need to give it a couple more rides to make up my mind but apart from the reach this bike is just amazing.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 13:15 Quote
Sorry to bother you guys, on the fence about buying a strive cf6, from what i read online the strive is actually a long trail bike more than an enduro racing machine, and that is precisely what i was looking for. For the same price i can buy a strive cf6, a 2019 stumpy comp alloy or an orbea occam h20-eagle.
As you see i'm looking for a fun trail bike (i live in the alps, at the base of Mont Blanc, in Courmayeur) that is a capable climber, here everything is quite steep, i also have the luxury of having 3 bike park in 1 hour travel range (La Thuile, Pila, Cervinia). I'm a little bit more than a newbie, not so good on the descents but not so scared either, and the bike would be a companion to a levo (actually is the ebike that made me love mountain biking). I plan on taking also some courses to get better, i recon a bit of professional help could go a long way to appropriately learn something.
The budget is around 3000 euro (less is better as always Big Grin ). The only worry i have is the bike being "too much" for me, there is such a fuss about being overbiked that make me confused. Thanks for any help you can give me, and don't hate me for being also an e-biker Wink (i'm not fat or lazy, simply i tried one and was too much fun i bought it the same day and loved everything so far, but i miss riding a mtb Big Grin )

BTW bear with me for my english.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 16:31 Quote
draliko wrote:
Sorry to bother you guys, on the fence about buying a strive cf6, from what i read online the strive is actually a long trail bike more than an enduro racing machine, and that is precisely what i was looking for. For the same price i can buy a strive cf6, a 2019 stumpy comp alloy or an orbea occam h20-eagle.
As you see i'm looking for a fun trail bike (i live in the alps, at the base of Mont Blanc, in Courmayeur) that is a capable climber, here everything is quite steep, i also have the luxury of having 3 bike park in 1 hour travel range (La Thuile, Pila, Cervinia). I'm a little bit more than a newbie, not so good on the descents but not so scared either, and the bike would be a companion to a levo (actually is the ebike that made me love mountain biking). I plan on taking also some courses to get better, i recon a bit of professional help could go a long way to appropriately learn something.
The budget is around 3000 euro (less is better as always Big Grin ). The only worry i have is the bike being "too much" for me, there is such a fuss about being overbiked that make me confused. Thanks for any help you can give me, and don't hate me for being also an e-biker Wink (i'm not fat or lazy, simply i tried one and was too much fun i bought it the same day and loved everything so far, but i miss riding a mtb Big Grin )

I also ride a Turbo Levo and while that's an awesome bike, the Strive is on another level of awesomeness. I don't think it's "too much bike" for any rider. It climbs really well and depends even better. If you've got bike parks in your area it'll be perfect. I had the same choice between the Stumpjumper and the Strive 6 - I think I made the right choice.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 18:39 Quote
draliko wrote:

I think the Strive is definitely an enduro racing machine, but it also makes a great trail bike and sounds perfect for what you need.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 18:59 Quote
How does the strive fare in the bike park? Specifically jumping and large drops. I'm looking for a 1 bike quiver and am thinking this might be it.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 21:18 Quote
Habaden wrote:
How does the strive fare in the bike park? Specifically jumping and large drops. I'm looking for a 1 bike quiver and am thinking this might be it.

From what I've seen in videos and written reviews ... handles them great.

Really comes down to if you want to go 29" since the Strive has changed to it.
Depending on what kind of riding you'll mostly be doing, a Spectral or Torque could be more suited.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 22:05 Quote
Thanks for the info, I ignored the spectral being 27.5, actually loving the 29...so seems I have a order to place today Smile

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 23:30 Quote
Asking for a friend whos looking at a new 29incher Strive.

Can angled headsets be fitted? I know they can on the older model.

If so which model of headset?

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 23:51 Quote
Hi!

Thinking about buying the Spectral CFR frame set. What is the BB width and the size of the headset bearings?

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 1:43 Quote
dpresling wrote:
Strive 2019 owners - how tall are you and what size did you go for? I'm 178cm and having second thoughts about having ordered the Medium. Canyon suggest I'm right in the middle of the Medium size range but I've been reading a bunch of other reviews of people my same height saying the large was spot on for them. Comparing geometry to other manufacturers suggest I'd be better off with a Large also.

For those of you following at home - Canyon have now changed the recommended height chart on the Strive. 178cm was smack bang in the middle of the Medium recommendation when I ordered a few weeks ago. Now it's the top of the Medium and bottom of the Large scale. Weird.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 5:01 Quote
Well strive cf6 ordered, let's wait and see now Wink thanks everyone for the help

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 3:00 Quote
dpresling wrote:
dpresling wrote:

For those of you following at home - Canyon have now changed the recommended height chart on the Strive. 178cm was smack bang in the middle of the Medium recommendation when I ordered a few weeks ago. Now it's the top of the Medium and bottom of the Large scale. Weird.

Interesting! I'm enjoying the medium at 178 as it helps for not noticing the wagon wheels, and I love how short the seat tube is. I did come off a large that was shorter than this medium though so that probably helps too haha

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 15:57 Quote
churchburner wrote:
dpresling wrote:

Interesting! I'm enjoying the medium at 178 as it helps for not noticing the wagon wheels, and I love how short the seat tube is. I did come off a large that was shorter than this medium though so that probably helps too haha

I suspect they've done the same calculations I've been working through and noticed that all other bikes from this model year have a reach of 470 for medium. Looking at where my seat is in the seat tube it'd be slammed as low as possible in the large frame so maybe I'm just going to have to accept that this is the right size and I've got a more upright bike with less reach than other bikes in the same range. I'm working on that acceptance.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 21:04 Quote
Has anyone had oil leaking from the shapeshifter shock on the 2019 strive? I had to send mine in to Fox because it was leaking oil. I've had the serviced unit back for a couple weeks and it's leaking again.

I picked mine up the beginning of June and I'm already having issues, very disappointing. I want to love this bike but I'm having serious doubts about it.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 1:08 Quote
Hi!

Looking to buy the Strive 6.0 but I'm not sure which size to get.

I'm 188cm (6'2) with and inseam of 87cm (34")
What size would you recommend me?

Canyon puts me at an L at 188cm but +1cm and I'm at XL, i have fairly long arms with an ape index of +9cm.
I've sat on the Specialized Stumpjumper XL and this felt OK.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

//Beginner

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009447
Mobile Version of Website