Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 2:14 Quote
Folkemal wrote:
Hi!

Looking to buy the Strive 6.0 but I'm not sure which size to get.

I'm 188cm (6'2) with and inseam of 87cm (34")
What size would you recommend me?

Canyon puts me at an L at 188cm but +1cm and I'm at XL, i have fairly long arms with an ape index of +9cm.
I've sat on the Specialized Stumpjumper XL and this felt OK.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

//Beginner

I am 193cm and i have recently bought an XL Strive 6.0 and the bike is a good fit for me, it really depends if you'd like a smaller bike to throw around or a good fitting all round bike.

I personally like a nice fitting bike, but being 193cm i can throw around the XL i have got.

Hope this helps

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 3:58 Quote
"For those of you following at home - Canyon have now changed the recommended height chart on the Strive. 178cm was smack bang in the middle of the Medium recommendation when I ordered a few weeks ago. Now it's the top of the Medium and bottom of the Large scale. Weird."

I'm 180 cm and riding a medium because that is what they recommended at the time. It definitely feels a little on the small side but I think I would prefer that over it feeling too big for me. I'm riding in Tennessee so the trails are mostly up and down with turns. I feel a little bit smaller bike actually works better for this. But I guess I didn't get to try out a large so it could be better for me and I'll never know which is a bummer.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 13:31 Quote
Hi Strive owners,
Quick question, When you claim warranty for a broken frame, do you get frame + shapeshifter + shock? Or frame only? I’m in the middle of sending a warranty claim and want to know on what I can count ,Thanks !

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 15:22 Quote
juxtapozy wrote:
Hi Strive owners,
Quick question, When you claim warranty for a broken frame, do you get frame + shapeshifter + shock? Or frame only? I’m in the middle of sending a warranty claim and want to know on what I can count ,Thanks !
Normally new frame and Ss. They swap the shock out for your old one

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 11:06 Quote
Hello guys.

I am thinking about buying strive CF 6.0 2019, it is on sale right know so it looks like good deal, but I have my doubts. I just want to know if there is anything wrong with frames, like some common issue with craking/shapeshifter problems etc.

I was picking between meta/capra and still waiting for new mega to be released but now this sale on strive hit me in the face Big Grin

Edit: I am 172cm tall, medium size should be perfect fit, but considering seat tube lenght I am litte worried about sadle clearance, do you know what is the droper post travel?. I like my sadle down out of the way while descending.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 13:17 Quote
jardo wrote:
Hello guys.

I am thinking about buying strive CF 6.0 2019, it is on sale right know so it looks like good deal, but I have my doubts. I just want to know if there is anything wrong with frames, like some common issue with craking/shapeshifter problems etc.

I was picking between meta/capra and still waiting for new mega to be released but now this sale on strive hit me in the face Big Grin

Edit: I am 172cm tall, medium size should be perfect fit, but considering seat tube lenght I am litte worried about sadle clearance, do you know what is the droper post travel?. I like my sadle down out of the way while descending.

Dropper post is 150mm.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 22:10 Quote
steve680 wrote:
jardo wrote:
Hello guys.

Dropper post is 150mm.

Thanks for reply. Is anybody here riding medium size strive? I think 150 mm dropper post with long seattube is would be too much for my height.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 22:32 Quote
jardo wrote:
steve680 wrote:
jardo wrote:
Hello guys.

Dropper post is 150mm.

Thanks for reply. Is anybody here riding medium size strive? I think 150 mm dropper post with long seattube is would be too much for my height.

I'm on the medium. I'm 5'9" and for me the 150mm dropper is just a few mm too long, and that's with the super thin seat that came on the bike.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 23:22 Quote
Damn, I would need shorter post then, Im 5’8

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 23:27 Quote
steve680 wrote:
jardo wrote:
steve680 wrote:

Dropper post is 150mm.

I'm on the medium. I'm 5'9" and for me the 150mm dropper is just a few mm too long, and that's with the super thin seat that came on the bike.

You really need to measure from the centre of your BB to the top of your saddle if you want to be able to check with others. I'm 5'11 but have significantly longer legs and arms than my 6'3 friend. I run a 210mm dropper on a size large with 3 inches of post above the seat collar. Body proportions can mean totally different fits for the same height. If you can get that measurement you can pretty safely compare it with the same measurement on any bike. Do check crank lengths are the same too.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 1:23 Quote
Does anyone know if the EWS blokes are running their strives @ 65mm stroke to get 160mm rear travel?
Or is anyone on here doing so?

Currently I'm more than happy on the 150mm rear end, but I'm super curious what it would be like to remove the stroke spacer from the rear shock and running the extra 10mm travel. Just not sure if it has the clearance/if the suspension platform will do funky things or not
My suspicion from a couple of comments I've heard/read in bike checks is that they are running the extra 10mm travel on the factory team bikes!

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 3:46 Quote
As the 65 stroke shock has the same 230 eye to eye and the leverage ratio gives just over 160 with a 65mm it makes sense. I'm thinking it's a case of the 60mm and 65mm shocks being identical except for a travel limiter/spacer inside as the stanchions are the same length. I don't know enough about the newer sram/fox shocks to say for sure or how difficult it would be to modify.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 3:58 Quote
Flo's bike check showed a shock with 60mm marked on the side

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 5:09 Quote
Kickmehard wrote:

It showed 60mm, but he said 160mm travel in the bike check. Makes me wonder

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 6:20 Quote
cmoney23 wrote:
Kickmehard wrote:

It showed 60mm, but he said 160mm travel in the bike check. Makes me wonder

Yeah, makes it likely that it's just a case of removing/replacing the internal spacer.

Active Forum Threads
1 mins ago - Zimbabwe love spells +27739143863 lost love spell caster in Namibia Niger Nigeria
2 mins ago - Nigel 0739143863 lost love spells in Katlehong Kwathema nigel/vosloorus/sp
3 mins ago - Nelspruit 0739143863 love spels in witbank/middleburg/pietretief/bushbuckridge/hazyview/
4 mins ago - Witbank 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring nelspruit IN middleburg/pietretief
5 mins ago - Welkom 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring in mthatha/butterworth/queenstown
6 mins ago - Westonaria 0739143863 lost love spells /magic ring in carletonville, northam, mafikeng, brits
9 mins ago - Piet retief 0739143863 lost love spell caster in ermelo/delmas/nelspruit/vaal/durban/capetown/
9 mins ago - Pietermariztburg 0739143863 lost love spells in durban/newcastle/richards bay/stanger/eshowe/
10 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
10 mins ago - Vryheid 0739143863 lost love spells pinetown/stanger in pietermariztburg/newcastle
11 mins ago - Vereeniging 0739143863 lost love spell caster/magic ring in bloemfontein/witbank
12 mins ago - Vanderbijlpark 0739143863 lost love spells /magic ring in secunda/standerton in klerksdorp/orkney/
13 mins ago - TZANEEN/MESSINA 0739143863 lost love spell caster IN LEPHALALE/POLOKWANE/MAKOPANE/LOUISTRICHARD
14 mins ago - Taung 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring in vryburg/mafikeng/lichtenburg/polokwane/makopane
14 mins ago - Tembisa love spells 0739143863 lost love spell caster/money spells in midrand, randburg, fourways, sandton, cosmocity,
15 mins ago - Nukeproof Owners Club
15 mins ago - Stanger 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring in pinetown, vryheid/richards bay/
16 mins ago - Standerton 0739143863 lost love spell caster/magic ring in middleburg/pietretief/
17 mins ago - Soweto 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring //// IN roodepoort/lenasia/kagiso
18 mins ago - Sandton love spells 0739143863 lost love spell caster in johanesburg/randburg/fourways/cosmocity
19 mins ago - Secunda 0739143863 love spells in standerton/ermelo/delmas/witbank/welkom/middleburg
20 mins ago - Springs & Brakpan 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring benoni boksburg /tembisa
23 mins ago - Richards bay 0739143863 lost love spell caster/magic ring in stanger IN MTHATHA/VRYHEID/
25 mins ago - Rustenburg 0739143863 lost love spells /magic ring IN mafikeng/kuruman/kathu
26 mins ago - Roodepoort 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring in alexander/johanesburg/sandton/cosmocity

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014681
Mobile Version of Website