Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Author Message
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 15:10 Quote
Does the CFR 9.0 come with the RCT3 Damper or the RC2 with HSC/LSC on the Lyric? I've seen them with both and i'm not sure what it actually ships with. Canyon's site says it's a RC2

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 19:39 Quote
Kickmehard wrote:
As the 65 stroke shock has the same 230 eye to eye and the leverage ratio gives just over 160 with a 65mm it makes sense. I'm thinking it's a case of the 60mm and 65mm shocks being identical except for a travel limiter/spacer inside as the stanchions are the same length. I don't know enough about the newer sram/fox shocks to say for sure or how difficult it would be to modify.

Ya, it's just a spacer in there. May require IFP adjustment. That part I already know, I'm just curious if there's any known issues with making the bike 160mm travel haha

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 19:40 Quote
cmoney23 wrote:
Kickmehard wrote:
Flo's bike check showed a shock with 60mm marked on the side

It showed 60mm, but he said 160mm travel in the bike check. Makes me wonder

All 230 e2e rockshox have the 60mm marking, wether it's 55-65 depends on the internal spacer/lack there of

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 2:13 Quote
Hi!
I'm seriously close on purchasing the SPECTRAL CFR 9.0 SL. XTR groupset, FOX KASHIMA, DT SWISS CARBON wheelset. etc. I see insane value for the money here!

Now the this wheelset, The DT SWISS XMC1200 Spline 30. I'm a little worried about the real strength though. DT SWISS kategorize them as ASTM 4, like the rest of the bike, the frame is ASTM 4 to. Are those wheels really that strong.? Am I just to watch out for correkt tire pressures. What about scratches. Can the carbon fibres cope with that? Anyone here with experience with this wheelset?

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 5:49 Quote
churchburner wrote:
cmoney23 wrote:
Kickmehard wrote:
Flo's bike check showed a shock with 60mm marked on the side

It showed 60mm, but he said 160mm travel in the bike check. Makes me wonder

All 230 e2e rockshox have the 60mm marking, wether it's 55-65 depends on the internal spacer/lack there of

Anybody seen any coils? With offset bushings.
Would love that setup, coil and 1 degree slacker

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 6:47 Quote
First Trail Ride
First trail ride last week on my Strive!
Climbs very well i must admit

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 10:09 Quote
Evanesco wrote:
Hi!
I'm seriously close on purchasing the SPECTRAL CFR 9.0 SL. XTR groupset, FOX KASHIMA, DT SWISS CARBON wheelset. etc. I see insane value for the money here!

Now the this wheelset, The DT SWISS XMC1200 Spline 30. I'm a little worried about the real strength though. DT SWISS kategorize them as ASTM 4, like the rest of the bike, the frame is ASTM 4 to. Are those wheels really that strong.? Am I just to watch out for correkt tire pressures. What about scratches. Can the carbon fibres cope with that? Anyone here with experience with this wheelset?
Personally not a fan of carbon wheels. Cracked 2 rims on what i regard as minor hits, left me rebuilding wheels the night before races.
However these dt swiss have been on my riding partners bike for a year without issue. He's riding a Orbea Rallon competitively and over some lumpy nasty stuff. He has got chips and scratches on them with no adverse effects. I can confirm his tyres are mostly made up of plugs from hard hits and sidewall tears. Rims are still good.
The only pain in the arse that i can confirm from my splines is the centre bearing replacement.
Tried to do the job myself and broke 2 spline tools doing so. Sent off to DT swiss and they said it was seized. Not great after a year throwing away hubs
EDIT
im 100kg+, my pal is about 80kg (ish)

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 11:08 Quote
Hi guys!

I want to buy a Torque cf 7.0 and I'm 1m79.
So I'm between M and L...
What size should I choose ?

Thanks!

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 8:21 Quote
flo-atv-rider wrote:
Hi guys!

I want to buy a Torque cf 7.0 and I'm 1m79.
So I'm between M and L...
What size should I choose ?

Thanks!

I am 180-181 cm and the L seems just right.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 18:17 Quote
flo-atv-rider wrote:
Hi guys!

I want to buy a Torque cf 7.0 and I'm 1m79.
So I'm between M and L...
What size should I choose ?

Thanks!

177cm on a medium and no complaints. Perfect park bike. Nimble with enough travel for everything short of dh race tracks

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 3:58 Quote
yeti-monster wrote:
Evanesco wrote:
Hi!
I'm seriously close on purchasing the SPECTRAL CFR 9.0 SL. XTR groupset, FOX KASHIMA, DT SWISS CARBON wheelset. etc. I see insane value for the money here!

Now the this wheelset, The DT SWISS XMC1200 Spline 30. I'm a little worried about the real strength though. DT SWISS kategorize them as ASTM 4, like the rest of the bike, the frame is ASTM 4 to. Are those wheels really that strong.? Am I just to watch out for correkt tire pressures. What about scratches. Can the carbon fibres cope with that? Anyone here with experience with this wheelset?
Personally not a fan of carbon wheels. Cracked 2 rims on what i regard as minor hits, left me rebuilding wheels the night before races.
However these dt swiss have been on my riding partners bike for a year without issue. He's riding a Orbea Rallon competitively and over some lumpy nasty stuff. He has got chips and scratches on them with no adverse effects. I can confirm his tyres are mostly made up of plugs from hard hits and sidewall tears. Rims are still good.
The only pain in the arse that i can confirm from my splines is the centre bearing replacement.
Tried to do the job myself and broke 2 spline tools doing so. Sent off to DT swiss and they said it was seized. Not great after a year throwing away hubs
EDIT
im 100kg+, my pal is about 80kg (ish)

Thanks. I just bought the 2019 Spectral CFR 9.0 SL. Can't wait for UPS knocking on my door and try it out.

BUT! I just see now that the wheels are only ASTM 3. The frame is ASTM 4. Why put wheels on a high end AM/Enduro bike, that does not match the bikes overall strength? The cheaper version of the bike, the Spectral CF 9.0 are with Reynolds carbon wheels, and they are ENDURO certified. Makes no sense. Hope you see my point. Am I worrying to much here? Everything else on the CFR 9.0 SL is enduro certified. Stem and handlebar are ASTM5( hence G5).

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 12:37 Quote
Evanesco wrote:
yeti-monster wrote:
Evanesco wrote:
Hi!
I'm seriously close on purchasing the SPECTRAL CFR 9.0 SL. XTR groupset, FOX KASHIMA, DT SWISS CARBON wheelset. etc. I see insane value for the money here!

Now the this wheelset, The DT SWISS XMC1200 Spline 30. I'm a little worried about the real strength though. DT SWISS kategorize them as ASTM 4, like the rest of the bike, the frame is ASTM 4 to. Are those wheels really that strong.? Am I just to watch out for correkt tire pressures. What about scratches. Can the carbon fibres cope with that? Anyone here with experience with this wheelset?
Personally not a fan of carbon wheels. Cracked 2 rims on what i regard as minor hits, left me rebuilding wheels the night before races.
However these dt swiss have been on my riding partners bike for a year without issue. He's riding a Orbea Rallon competitively and over some lumpy nasty stuff. He has got chips and scratches on them with no adverse effects. I can confirm his tyres are mostly made up of plugs from hard hits and sidewall tears. Rims are still good.
The only pain in the arse that i can confirm from my splines is the centre bearing replacement.
Tried to do the job myself and broke 2 spline tools doing so. Sent off to DT swiss and they said it was seized. Not great after a year throwing away hubs
EDIT
im 100kg+, my pal is about 80kg (ish)

Thanks. I just bought the 2019 Spectral CFR 9.0 SL. Can't wait for UPS knocking on my door and try it out.

BUT! I just see now that the wheels are only ASTM 3. The frame is ASTM 4. Why put wheels on a high end AM/Enduro bike, that does not match the bikes overall strength? The cheaper version of the bike, the Spectral CF 9.0 are with Reynolds carbon wheels, and they are ENDURO certified. Makes no sense. Hope you see my point. Am I worrying to much here? Everything else on the CFR 9.0 SL is enduro certified. Stem and handlebar are ASTM5( hence G5).

What does "enduro certified" even mean? Just ride the bike. If you're going to break a wheel, you'll do it no matter the make / width / depth.

The Canyon ranking system is unique only to them. I can take an XC bike down a trail that I raced in an Enduro race the weekend prior, and suffer no ill-effects. Just learn to ride soft and you'll come out peaches.

Canyon's ranking system is just the same as Shimano's "stiffness" rating of their shoes...only means something in relationship to their other shoes. Fizik shoes have no correspondence whatsoever with their own stiffness rating, of FiveTen's, or Bontragers... Same thing with Canyons bike ratings...do you see Santa Cruz saying the same things? No.

You're overthinking it immensely. Get your bike and go for a ride, mate Smile

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 7:03 Quote
After nearly 3 years of owning a canyon strive I pulled the trigger and got a spectral this week.
It was delivered yesterday evening and I put it together this morning.
When I had finished putting it together I noticed there is a small area to the seat stay where the lacquer has been damaged right down to the alloy, a small chip or knock. It's very small, maybe 1mm diameter. It's annoying because if I'd have noticed before assembling the bike it would be easier to make the decision to send back.
Canyons live chat is down (it's been down most of the week I think) and I'm expecting them to take a while to reply to my query meaning I'm not gonna be able to ride it this weekend as planned.
Has anyone else had a similar issue and how was it resolved? Do the send replacement bikes, replacement parts, offer money off or what?

Pete

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 12:08 Quote
barneyisourhero wrote:
After nearly 3 years of owning a canyon strive I pulled the trigger and got a spectral this week.
It was delivered yesterday evening and I put it together this morning.
When I had finished putting it together I noticed there is a small area to the seat stay where the lacquer has been damaged right down to the alloy, a small chip or knock. It's very small, maybe 1mm diameter. It's annoying because if I'd have noticed before assembling the bike it would be easier to make the decision to send back.
Canyons live chat is down (it's been down most of the week I think) and I'm expecting them to take a while to reply to my query meaning I'm not gonna be able to ride it this weekend as planned.
Has anyone else had a similar issue and how was it resolved? Do the send replacement bikes, replacement parts, offer money off or what?

Pete

How many chips or knocks are you going to give it in the first week of riding?

Now, a large scratch out of the box running the length of the seat stay, I get...that's worth the time and effort to get sorted. But a pinhole of 1mm diameter? Giving up time riding your new bike? Come'on, get over it. A stone being flicked up on a first ride can do that.

I just don't get this attitude where one minor imperfection means the sky is falling in Madder . Did you know your wifes breasts aren't the same size? Better resolve that with a divorce pronto... Eek

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 12:29 Quote
Perhaps I need to remeasure it for it to be worthy of a polite reply from you?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010872
Mobile Version of Website